Decent Pistol Dealer in W-S triad area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Decent Pistol Dealer in W-S triad area?

krelob
02-12-2008, 11:22
Can someone recommend one?

krelob
02-12-2008, 12:29
Hm wow. NC firearms laws are pretty weird. Is it even possible to for a Georgia resident to buy a pistol in NC? What about with a GA CCW?

snappy
02-12-2008, 13:48
I deal with Mace sports, off I-40 as you're headed to Chapel Hill, right near the Mebane area. Good service and pretty fair prices, good selection also. Give them a call and see if they have what you're looking for. 336-563-4070.

Bosko
02-12-2008, 15:55
You cannot buy a handgun in North Carolina and take it with you on either an out-of-state Sheriff's Permit to Acquire a Weapon or an out-of-state Concealed Handgun Permit. If you find a handgun you want in NC, you may purchase it but it must be shipped to an FFL in your state of residence. The shipper will require a signed copy of the recipient's FFL, either mailed or faxed to him. Please do not ask a North Carolina resident to buy a handgun for you. Unless he buys it with his own money and gives it to you as a gift (he completes the Form 4473), it is a "Straw Purchase" punishable by a maximum of 10 years in the federal pen and the dealer loses his FFL. The "Bloomberg Effect" has made all dealers paranoid. A "wink and a nod" won't get it done anymore.

That said, gun stores in the Triad:

The Gun Rack in Kernersville; Triad Gun Source and Indoor Range in Rural Hall; The Gun Store in Lexington. At this time the supply at Triad Gun Source is depleted and the owner will only order for 30% down. The Gun Store specializes in mostly Single Action Army revolvers. The Gun Rack has the largest stock but his prices are the highest.

arj
02-12-2008, 20:35
The Gun Rack has better prices than a lot of dealer i've seen...but they sure wont make you feel like family.

krelob
02-12-2008, 21:10
Thanks for the info. I was just unclear whether reciprocity applied to using a CCW in lieu of a pistol permit, but evidently not. I'm in agreement though. Strict adherence to gun laws is an exceptionally good idea.

MrsKitty
02-13-2008, 13:29
Is Charlie's still around?

Tailhunter
02-13-2008, 17:31
Is Charlie's still around?

Nope he retired .......

Tailhunter
02-13-2008, 17:32
The Gun Rack has better prices than a lot of dealer i've seen...but they sure wont make you feel like family.

but they do have some good prices ...... :rofl:

Tailhunter
02-13-2008, 17:42
The Rack has the best prices on Glocks in the area and a fair selection. The Source has comperable prices but nothing much to choose from, Arrington's in Greensboro has more Glock's then you can shake a stick at but you will pay a premium price, unless you are LEO.

Bosko
02-13-2008, 20:24
I am going to pay for this, I know. But, unless your gun dealer is a blood relative (and that's no guarantee), your best bet is to visit the locals to see what fits your hand and then order online from Impact Guns or search Gun Broker. You will find that the local stealers either don't have what you want or they spit on your shoes because you don't "talk the talk". They are not your friends. They are in the business to make a buck. I have been carrying a handgun to kill people, professionally (and personally), most of my adult life. I just want to choke the life out of some of these gun store commandos when they try to feed me their line of Bravo Sierra. Sorry to say, that includes the weekend warriors at the gun store where I teach. But then, I shouldn't be surprised. They are in the business to make sales. But, I am still embarrassed. So, visit the locals and find what feels good in your hand. Then, go online. But, if you go to where my wife works and I teach, she will not coerce to buy what is not right for you (or your spouse). Oh wait - look out for the weekend crew. You will recognize them from the way they wear their "puny pistols" and their adherence to their "mall ninja" bravo sierra.

Tailhunter
02-14-2008, 07:38
I am going to pay for this, I know. But, unless your gun dealer is a blood relative (and that's no guarantee), your best bet is to visit the locals to see what fits your hand and then order online from Impact Guns or search Gun Broker. You will find that the local stealers either don't have what you want or they spit on your shoes because you don't "talk the talk". They are not your friends. They are in the business to make a buck. I have been carrying a handgun to kill people, professionally (and personally), most of my adult life. I just want to choke the life out of some of these gun store commandos when they try to feed me their line of Bravo Sierra. Sorry to say, that includes the weekend warriors at the gun store where I teach. But then, I shouldn't be surprised. They are in the business to make sales. But, I am still embarrassed. So, visit the locals and find what feels good in your hand. Then, go online. But, if you go to where my wife works and I teach, she will not coerce to buy what is not right for you (or your spouse). Oh wait - look out for the weekend crew. You will recognize them from the way they wear their "puny pistols" and their adherence to their "mall ninja" bravo sierra.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does your wife carry the 1911 or the g30 glock?

Bosko
02-14-2008, 13:32
"Mrs. Smith" (see the movie) either carries a cocked and locked Les Baer Stainless Stinger (rebuilt by 1911Tuner) or a Nighthawk Custom Talon III, both in .45 ACP.

Tailhunter
02-14-2008, 16:36
I think I've seen her there ....

alphajaguars
02-16-2008, 13:27
If you don't mind the drive, check out Duncan's in Wilkesboro.