Hickory, NC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hickory, NC

Short Bus
02-13-2008, 00:13
Springs Road Gun Club is where I shoot some. Does anyone else go there to shoot? It is a pretty good indoor range.

NC Bullseye
02-13-2008, 22:48
I go to a range that's a bit closer.:supergrin:

Bout 50 steps out the back door.

Springs is nice and about the only indoor game around.

Zulu Alpha
02-14-2008, 11:02
Will be one in Lincolnton soon... :wavey:

civilwarguns
02-14-2008, 17:39
Where in Lincolnton?

Zulu Alpha
02-14-2008, 20:35
IIRC, it is gonna be near the Lincoln House, @ the old bowling alley... can't find much about it other than the zoning request was approved...

Short Bus
03-07-2008, 02:10
I wish I could shot out the back door. I think the neighbors would be a little upset.

NCflycaster
03-07-2008, 11:05
I live in Marion and have been to On Target in Asheville a couple times, I have been thinking about checking Springs Road out. It is probally about the same distance of a drive just the other direction on 40.

Short Bus
07-08-2008, 02:27
Anyone else around Hickory, NC?

Glock19xdsc
07-09-2008, 19:11
I just moved to Sherrills Ford from PA, and will probably be checking out the Springs Road facility this coming weekend. I looked for it this past weekend, but turned around before I made it there only to have the wife complain about me driving around aimlessly...:faint:

Short Bus
07-10-2008, 01:17
I just moved to Sherrills Ford from PA, and will probably be checking out the Springs Road facility this coming weekend. I looked for it this past weekend, but turned around before I made it there only to have the wife complain about me driving around aimlessly...:faint:

Sounds good. Welcome to the area. It is kinda hard to spot at first. There is a gas station at a stop light. There is a store in the backside of the gas station that is called, not just archery. The range is down stairs. They have some stange hours, so I would call before you make the trek.

13bullets
07-13-2008, 16:48
I live in West Lincoln Co. Got a "range" about 8 miles from the house that I go to. It's nearly abandoned, you get a key to a gate and can shoot anything you want. It's not a very long range though. It's outdoors but has a covered shooting area.

Glock19xdsc, I work in Terrell. I'll give you one guess where, and it's not the bait shop.

Jeff82
07-13-2008, 16:52

Tell her you weren't driving around aimlessly. You were driving around looking for the point she'd start b#tchin' and you found it!

:supergrin:

r2d4
07-15-2008, 13:52
13 bullets I sent a pm with a question.

Short Bus
07-15-2008, 13:58
I live in West Lincoln Co. Got a "range" about 8 miles from the house that I go to. It's nearly abandoned, you get a key to a gate and can shoot anything you want. It's not a very long range though. It's outdoors but has a covered shooting area.

Glock19xdsc, I work in Terrell. I'll give you one guess where, and it's not the bait shop.

Wish I had a range like that closer to hickory. :crying:

Nelybarg
07-15-2008, 14:00
Springs Road Gun Club is where I shoot some. Does anyone else go there to shoot? It is a pretty good indoor range.

i'll be in the area at the end of the month. care to give more details about this range? public, private, costs, distances, etc. i'd be much appreciative.

Short Bus
07-15-2008, 14:05
It is a public range. Something like 10 bucks and hour to shoot. You can shoot pretty much anything except for how powered rifles. Anything rim fire, shotgun, or pistol. Probably has 15 lanes. Not a bad place. I just wish I had somewhere that was FREE and outdoors.

http://www.springsroadgun.net/homepag.php

Nelybarg
07-15-2008, 17:41
It is a public range. Something like 10 bucks and hour to shoot. You can shoot pretty much anything except for how powered rifles. Anything rim fire, shotgun, or pistol. Probably has 15 lanes. Not a bad place. I just wish I had somewhere that was FREE and outdoors.

http://www.springsroadgun.net/homepag.php

thanks for the info. i'm looking for a place to shoot my AR15. about the only good place i've found is in Elkin. called windy hill trading post. they're public and their range goes out to 100 yards. i believe is 8 bucks an hour to shoot.

Short Bus
07-15-2008, 18:20
thanks for the info. i'm looking for a place to shoot my AR15. about the only good place i've found is in Elkin. called windy hill trading post. they're public and their range goes out to 100 yards. i believe is 8 bucks an hour to shoot.

Which way are you coming from? The north I guess? I think there is an outdoor range futher up springs road, but I think it is private.

Nelybarg
07-15-2008, 18:27
I actually live in durham. my parents live in troutman and i'll be in town to visit near the end of the month. A friend of mine in charlotte and I are gonna get together and go shooting somewhere as soon as we can find a reasonable place. We used to shoot at Duncans in North WIlkesboro, but their range only goes out to 25 yards. we wanted something with a little more distance.

Short Bus
07-16-2008, 21:28
Duncan's is not a bad place either. All of the indoor ranges I have been to were 25 yards though. I am sure you can find something outdoors though.

Jeff82
07-16-2008, 21:44
I actually live in durham. my parents live in troutman and i'll be in town to visit near the end of the month. A friend of mine in charlotte and I are gonna get together and go shooting somewhere as soon as we can find a reasonable place. We used to shoot at Duncans in North WIlkesboro, but their range only goes out to 25 yards. we wanted something with a little more distance.

Durham? Have you ever gone out to Sir Walter Gun Club, Creedmore, or The Range, Oxford, and shot with them? They run great USPSA adn IDPA matches.

Nelybarg
07-16-2008, 21:48
Durham? Have you ever gone out to Sir Walter Gun Club, Creedmore, or The Range, Oxford, and shot with them? They run great USPSA adn IDPA matches.

no, i haven't. i've looked into them, but the private ones are too expensive. besides, i can shoot at the durham PD range for free.

Jeff82
07-16-2008, 22:00
no, i haven't. i've looked into them, but the private ones are too expensive. besides, i can shoot at the durham PD range for free.

I haven't joined them. I just go when they have matches which are open to all and then shoot. It's tons of fun.

Nelybarg
07-16-2008, 22:05
i may check it out the next time they have a match. recently i heard about a range in mebane called buckhorn http://home.att.net/~ncta/buckhorn.htm

i'm gonna see if i can check it out

JFrogge
07-19-2008, 16:29
Anyone know of anywhere in Alexander County or Iredell County?