Finally got my ID and permits!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my ID and permits!!!

xXxMLEExXx
02-13-2008, 10:57
So this morning I finally got it...took me two weeks to submit my application,
a month and a half of tiresome waiting...another two keeps attempting to pick up the permits, I've finally got it this morning. I must have called liked
150 times to my police department. It's sad when you memorized the number.

Now I need to pick up my G19.

Matrix62
02-17-2008, 16:59
Grats. Post some pics when you have a chance!

xXxMLEExXx
02-17-2008, 17:03
Grats. Post some pics when you have a chance!

Will do....should have it in the near future...

Just got back from the range and put thru 200 rounds flawlessly...
What a great feeling to fire your own weapon...:supergrin:

Southside
02-20-2008, 18:21
Hey;You did very good on the permits,I'am 8months and waiting still,last call they told me another 2-3 months.Enjoy your guns.:wow:

xXxMLEExXx
02-21-2008, 07:34
Hey;You did very good on the permits,I'am 8months and waiting still,last call they told me another 2-3 months.Enjoy your guns.:wow:

:wow: 8 months???

I would have gone crazy...I just bugged and kept calling.
That is just not right, as the PD is the one to issue the FID & permits.
Did they say why it's taking so long?

Southside
02-21-2008, 15:14
Yes they have been backloged,with over 200 permits issued last year.It's still a lame answer,JUST HAVE TO WAIT MY TURN!:dunno:

xXxMLEExXx
02-21-2008, 15:33
Yes they have been backloged,with over 200 permits issued last year.It's still a lame answer,JUST HAVE TO WAIT MY TURN!:dunno:

That is a total bull....it takes them 2 mins to print up the little card
and permits....then bring it to the chief of police to sign. All they are
waiting for is the background check which should not take a week.
Sorry man..i really feel for u...

Southside
02-22-2008, 18:43
Go to Stripers On Line SurfTalk see how lucky you really were!The system sucks.

Southside
02-29-2008, 13:42
:wow::whistling::faint:Who would have thought?,finally after 8 1/2 months,I got the phone call I've been waiting for.It was the clerk at the P.D. Can you guess what I have for you?I was almost afraid to answer,what if I guessed wrong?Oh crap,I only have one guess!but I got it right my permits are ready to be picked up:supergrin:.Now the fun begins ,what 22lr target,what H.D.,should I get a gun for the night stand and if I do what caliber,revo or semi,lg caliber or small,H.P.bullets or solids.America is wondereful soooo many choices to make,life is good to those who wait.My mother was right when she told me that if you have everything you wavt early in life what would you have to look forward to?.:whistling:

xXxMLEExXx
02-29-2008, 14:03
:cheers::rock::exercise::devildance::dancingbanana:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

All well worth it when you get that call...

kidbuck
02-29-2008, 20:49
I'm in NYC. After submitting all my paperwork, my license was approved 18 months later. Hey, at least I got it :supergrin:

xXxMLEExXx
03-01-2008, 08:18
I'm in NYC. After submitting all my paperwork, my license was approved 18 months later. Hey, at least I got it :supergrin:

:wow:

I would have gone insane...Congrats though...:wavey:

ccbiker
03-10-2008, 16:24
Submitted my FID card and handgun purchase applications in mid-November. Still waiting, just wrote a letter to the officer who handles them today. I think I'll start dropping by the station weekly starting next week.

ccbiker
03-17-2008, 15:44
Finally got a hold of the local police officer who handles the FID applications for my town. and requested that he look into my application. Much to my surprise he called me back the next day.

Apparently the State Police raised the fee for FID/Handgun purchase permits *after* they had received my application (in fact, after contacting my character references), but still held my application up because I hadn't paid the new fee.

So not only do they retroactively hold applications due to a fee increase, but they also don't bother to notify either the applicant or the local PD.

So I got a money order for an add'l $6.25 and gave it to the officer who is sending it on.

This is NJ, btw.

xXxMLEExXx
03-17-2008, 18:27
Finally got a hold of the local police officer who handles the FID applications for my town. and requested that he look into my application. Much to my surprise he called me back the next day.

Apparently the State Police raised the fee for FID/Handgun purchase permits *after* they had received my application (in fact, after contacting my character references), but still held my application up because I hadn't paid the new fee.

So not only do they retroactively hold applications due to a fee increase, but they also don't bother to notify either the applicant or the local PD.

So I got a money order for an add'l $6.25 and gave it to the officer who is sending it on.

This is NJ, btw.

Sad to say, I've heard of issues like this on other forums. At least you contacted them and got the ball rolling. I would wait till your reference send back the letter...wait a week and call them again. They should do for asap, since you've waited so long.

ccbiker
03-17-2008, 19:27
Sad to say, I've heard of issues like this on other forums. At least you contacted them and got the ball rolling. I would wait till your reference send back the letter...wait a week and call them again. They should do for asap, since you've waited so long.

Heh, my references already sent in their letters about 2 months ago. As far as I can tell, the State Police have everything, but held it all up for an add'l $6.25.

xXxMLEExXx
03-18-2008, 08:12
Heh, my references already sent in their letters about 2 months ago. As far as I can tell, the State Police have everything, but held it all up for an add'l $6.25.

If that is the case, they should process you paperwork immediately.
From this point on it should only take a day or two. I would call again
on Thurs. Explain how you waited for months and have never been
contacted of the price change. Maybe you might get lucky and pick
up on Fri.

Coney Island 1
03-18-2008, 13:45
I also live in this awful state and am getting fed up with a new anti gun law a week. Start writing your assembly and senate members telling them enough is enough. This is one of the strictest states (NJ) on gun laws. They have to hear from us the "law abiding gun owners"!

ccbiker
05-28-2008, 22:03
Just got my FID and handgun purchase permit tonight.

Police department had been holding them since April 4th. "Oh, didn't we call you?" Sheah right.

So, to sum up:

Applications submitted - 11/16/07
FID/Permit received - 4/4/08

xXxMLEExXx
05-28-2008, 22:12
Just got my FID and handgun purchase permit tonight.

Police department had been holding them since April 4th. "Oh, didn't we call you?" Sheah right.

So, to sum up:

Applications submitted - 11/16/07
FID/Permit received - 4/4/08

Wow...that's a heck of a time to wait...

On a side note...I've just receive my CCW from Utah today.:supergrin:
Too bad it won't work in Jersey...:steamed:

ccbiker
06-08-2008, 06:51
The long wait is over. G26 now in my possession.

Alan Antopol
06-08-2008, 20:47

Kidbuck,

Did they tell you why it took so long? Thought a friend's 11 months was a long wait. They told him part of the reason was that a Sgt., working on his application, had taken a bunch of vacation.

If you shoot at a NYC range, which one?

Glad you got the permit! Alan

ogiebb
07-03-2008, 08:18
NYC here took almost 12 months and i have to wait 2-3 months to add another pistol each time

Alan Antopol
07-08-2008, 22:06
NYC here took almost 12 months and i have to wait 2-3 months to add another pistol each time

ogiebb,

How long did you have to wait for a purchase order the last time you added a pistol to your license? Have been told the license division runs a background check on the licensee each time a purchase order is requested. Still do not understand why this takes >= 2 months. Do you?

Thanks Alan

overload2020
07-15-2008, 13:05
so you can forget about your intentions and not to buy a gun, they are just trying to slow the flow of weapons in people hands that might harm others where people like us need it to calm ourselves down and go shoot some targets at the range... I am about to apply for a long gun permit in a few days and I heard it only takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get a permit where a hand gun will take over a year.. humm the city sucks the way the process permits

ogiebb
07-15-2008, 13:11
ogiebb,

How long did you have to wait for a purchase order the last time you added a pistol to your license? Have been told the license division runs a background check on the licensee each time a purchase order is requested. Still do not understand why this takes >= 2 months. Do you?

Thanks Alan

Alan,

its a hit or miss the shortest wait was 6 weeks the longest was 4 months,hmm i dont know if they do a Background check everytime.good to know though

ogiebb
07-15-2008, 13:14
so you can forget about your intentions and not to buy a gun, they are just trying to slow the flow of weapons in people hands that might harm others where people like us need it to calm ourselves down and go shoot some targets at the range... I am about to apply for a long gun permit in a few days and I heard it only takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get a permit where a hand gun will take over a year.. humm the city sucks the way the process permits

My Long gun permit was only 2 weeks ..because they said i already have a pistol permit and they said it makes the screening faster ( ???) my friends who went with the long gun permit first said it took them 4-5 months

Alan Antopol
07-17-2008, 21:40
Alan,

its a hit or miss the shortest wait was 6 weeks the longest was 4 months,hmm i dont know if they do a Background check everytime.good to know though

2 months and 2 weeks from their date of receipt, and counting. Most recent estimated "send out date" is tomorrow. As the process is opaque, can not tell what is holding up the process.

Alan Antopol
07-31-2008, 19:42
Final time to receive the purchase order approval letter was 2 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. :ack:

But, wait, there's more...The rule now is that you have to wait for 3 months from the day you register a pistol, before you can apply for another purchase order. :faint:

Total time = 3 months wait + 2.5 months to receive the approval + lag time to pick up purchase order + lag time to pick up pistol from dealer and take it to get it registered. 5.5 months at best. Wonder if Mr. Heller will get his revolver registered in < time than 5.5 months?

A good evening to all.