Active duty Navy saying hi [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Active duty Navy saying hi

cpgerrior
02-14-2008, 23:06
Hello all, been lurking for a while, saying hi. Been in 14 years, mostly aviation. I have been sentenced to CA for a while, so I only have 10 rounds per mag. All of you please load an extra few rounds for me, if you can. SIG owner, Glock fan, 2nd amendment loyalist.

Aloha to all former and current Navy, and thanks to all the supporters out there.

CPG

md2lgyk
02-15-2008, 10:26
Welcome! I did 8 years in the Navy (submarine nuke) and ultimately retired from the Air Force. I know what you mean about being "sentenced to California." I was born and raised there (Santa Rosa). You couldn't pay me enough to move back.

Fred Hansen
02-15-2008, 10:45
Former MN3.

Thanks for your service, and welcome to GT. That is a very impressive "rack" BTW! Stay safe, and weather out Commiefornia as best you can.

:patriot:

rtmpgh
02-16-2008, 04:17
cpgerrior good too have ya ... I am new to this forum also ... former DS here not sure
whatever became of the DS rating ... I got out in 93 ...

I was stationed at MINSY and CSTSC Vallejo...

drc767
02-17-2008, 19:37
With that rack of ribbons you have got to be a helo guy. Any chance your an AW Rescue Swimmer?

FastJuice
02-17-2008, 19:50
By your leave sailor. My respect and gratitude. I was already out before you went in. I couldnt have survived a politically correct Navy.

cpgerrior
02-18-2008, 11:34
Thanks for your comments, I was a P-3 aircrewman for 11 years, now I only fly for fun. Got my first cat and trap a few months back on the Lincoln. As for the PC Navy, Yeah even I seen it change in the last 14 years. But you still find some people who don't pull any punches when they talk. The wost thing that I have seen in the past few years is how **** roles down hill when a female get preg and some guy either in her unit or a in some other unit has to come take her place. I know a female who has been in for less than 4 years and is now preg for her second time. She has not deployed once for the Navy, but plenty of guys have. It may be unintentional, but either way its a deal for her and a hardship on the rest. And she is not the only one. That being said, there are thousands of females in the Navy who are incredible assets to us, I feel bad for them getting grouped in with the parasites.

Chris

KIDCOP
02-19-2008, 01:50
Wecome aboard. I spent 2 tours at China Lake in the 80's. Wasn't so bad then. Silly CA wouldn't like me now.

saunderscc
03-04-2008, 19:38
Hello all, been lurking for a while, saying hi. Been in 14 years, mostly aviation. I have been sentenced to CA for a while, so I only have 10 rounds per mag. All of you please load an extra few rounds for me, if you can. SIG owner, Glock fan, 2nd amendment loyalist.

Aloha to all former and current Navy, and thanks to all the supporters out there.

CPG

I think I ran into you in another thread? VAW command right? AT1 here stationed in Norfolk at the FRC. West coast navy can't be that bad, well you do have COMACCLOGWING stationed over there in your neck of the woods. Either way, FLY NAVY and Go HAWKEYES.

Seabee71
03-05-2008, 04:44
Welcome Brother,

Builder Chief with almost 19 years in. Dont feel bad living in CA, I'm transferring to Okinawa for 2 years, now that sucks when it comes to gun ownership! My tours: NMCB 7, Brunswick NAS PWD, NMCB 7, RTC Great Lakes, NMCB 7 and now ROICC Okinawa. Is that a V on your Comm?

superemt
03-12-2008, 19:31
Welcome! After 20 years in the USN, I retired in 1993 (E-8). I was also in aviation but not aircrew. First command was VP-5. Gotta love those P-3C's! Enjoy wherever you are and smooth sailing! Thank you for your service!:welcome:

wulfjr
03-12-2008, 21:23
Sup man welcome (newbie here meself) i called it quits after 14yrs meself in the Navy although will admit 6yrs were reserve. I had had enuff of the way things were going. Gratz on maintaining brudder! Sorry about CA... :(

zipper046
03-14-2008, 07:16
Welcome...and 'Hi" to the others here.

LCDR - USNR here...9 years in Intel..all CT/CI. Did some time as the N2 w/ ST1 out in Coronado (NSWG1) and Niland, CA (Camp Billy Machen). Loved San Diego...but love Connecticut even more (very good state for gun owners!)

now in the IRR...gettin' the itch to get back to active reserves. Did 2 mob's after 9/11...Norfolk, Qatar, Iraq, and other places throughout HOA & Mid-East..

Enjoy the CA sun and I'll load up on rounds for ya! :)

z-