Write your legislators on House Bill 2833!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Write your legislators on House Bill 2833!!

Macintosh#1
02-16-2008, 09:48
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3495

E-mail the Governor and everyone else to express your opinion!!

Bullet Serialization (Registration) Scheme Lands in Arizona!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

House Bill 2833, introduced by State Representative Martha Garcia, (D-13), would require that all handgun and “assault weapon” ammunition manufactured or sold in Arizona to be coded with an individual serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser’s name, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition.

This dangerous legislation could be bound for a hearing this legislative session if a handful of anti-gun legislators have their way. Similar legislation failed several years ago in California and just today Hawaii failed to pass one of two Senate versions after NRA and the Hawaii Attorney General testified against the measure.

HB2833 seeks only to harass law-abiding gun owners as criminals are not likely to purchase their ammunition through legal channels. Please take a moment to contact your State Legislators and voice your opposition to House Bill 2833. Contact information for your State Legislators can be found here.

Bullet serialization efforts are making their way across the country looking for a foothold and it is vital that Arizona not be the first!

SundevilFan
02-17-2008, 16:46
If you go to the state legislature's website, it shows the sponsor/co-sponsors of this bill. It would be wise if the members of their districts remember this bill when re-election time approaches. I would highly doubt that this bill would be supported by their constituents and appears to be just another "anti-gun" piece of legislation thru back door means. Even though the sponsors/co-sponsors do not represent my district, I will be contacting my representative to voice my concerns first thing tomorrow.

saunderscc
02-17-2008, 16:53
WTF!? And I thought the CA bill about micro-stamping was outrageous...this is beyond absurd. Good lick with that bill out there in Arizona. I pray that lunacy doesn't pass and even more doesn't spread to other states or even into federal law.