Ford Taurus rear bumper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ford Taurus rear bumper

Twodog
02-18-2008, 14:53
Well, after 37 years of driving I finally did it. I put a nice dent in the rear plastic bumper of my 2003 Ford Taurus. I see some Phillips head screws that hold the plastic in place. I am wondering if I remove these screws will it come right off or is there hidden clamps or something else that I can't see that will cause me problems? If I can remove the plastic cover I should be able to either push out the dent or replace the thing. It is cold and wet out there right now and I am not going to go crazy with it for a while. I don't want to mess up anything by attempting to remove this piece. If there are experienced people out there that could give me some info I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

BManoftheyear
02-21-2008, 18:50
You should be able to figure out how to get the bumper cover off rather easily.
Once you get it off be careful trying to get the dent out,with that cheap plastic when you bend it back it will probably wrinkle the paint and make it chip.
Give it a shot and see what happens.I recommend taking the cover in the house and letting it get room temperature before popping out the dent.You can do almost anything to those covers when the temp is right.
I work at a major junkyard and we go thru covers like it is nothing.The covers are also very cheap to buy but you would need to get it painted.I can get you a new aftermarket cover for your car for $20-$60 but you would need to get it painted unless we have one in the color of your car which we probably do/

Berto
02-28-2008, 20:51
You should be able to figure out how to get the bumper cover off rather easily.
Once you get it off be careful trying to get the dent out,with that cheap plastic when you bend it back it will probably wrinkle the paint and make it chip.
Give it a shot and see what happens.I recommend taking the cover in the house and letting it get room temperature before popping out the dent.You can do almost anything to those covers when the temp is right.
I work at a major junkyard and we go thru covers like it is nothing.The covers are also very cheap to buy but you would need to get it painted.I can get you a new aftermarket cover for your car for $20-$60 but you would need to get it painted unless we have one in the color of your car which we probably do/

Use a hair dryer.