CHEAP Oakley sunglasses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP Oakley sunglasses

sfguard
02-18-2008, 18:28
I dont know how many of you know this but as long as you have a military ID you can get Oakley brand sunglasses at a very big discount. Go to this site http://usstandardissue.com/ follow the directions and register. You will be sent a password and so on to get into the site. Only then will you be able to see the prices.

Just to give you a idea you can get most of the for anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 the cost you pay at the BX delivered right to your door. I purchased two pair cheaper than I could get the one pair for. In fact I got two pair for $65 cheaper than one pair of the same glasses at the BX.

These are actual Oakleys also you can even call oakley and ask about the military discount they will give you a phone # to call. The person on the other end will give you the same site I just gave you. Check it out if you like Oakley sunglasses.

Oh one more thing when faxing a copy of your ID you do NOT send a copy of the back of the ID only the front. Nobody there wants to see your SSN.

deadday
02-18-2008, 21:04
You guys aren't issued Oakleys? We got them in our last RFI kit...

drew

MrMurphy
02-18-2008, 23:25
We're lucky we get issued anything, depends on the unit and the deployment. I got my tac vest, DCUs/boots and ESS glasses and goggles, and that was about it. Everything else was personally bought.

You can order the Oakley boots from there too.

sfguard
02-19-2008, 00:42
I have gotten more stuff being attached to other units then I have from my own unit.

MrMurphy
02-19-2008, 00:47
I've found more coolguy stuff left in Humvees than I have been issued (Benchmade auto, a couple Maglites and a Surefire I donated to a one-striper).

slick slidestop
02-19-2008, 01:46
Dont forget that you have to agree to a contract stating you will not re-sell them for a profit or they may file charges on you.

And their sunglasses come in 3 colors:

Black with subdued badges
Black with subdued badges
and black with subdued badges :supergrin:

They have very good prices on lense assemblies, Oakley Boots, backpacks, Goggles, Gloves and Prescription eyeware.

The program is also open to LEO/Fire/Gov employees/postal workers etc......many jobs actually qualify for the program

cool company:cheers:

ks farmboy
02-25-2008, 13:16
thats a good website. i emailed oakley directly and told them that i was enlisted and was curious about the discounts i could get for my unit, and they sent me a huge order form to fill out. ive done it a few times with no problems. i wait until i have a few orders, that way we get the LE/MIL discount and a bulk order discount. check them out also if you have a lot to order.

sfguard
02-26-2008, 01:20
I came home tonight and found a box on the back porch. Got inside opened it and there were two nice pair of Oakley's that I got for less than half the price of the one pair at the BX :cool: :wow:

torrejon224
03-25-2008, 16:47
I just received my Half Jacket XLJ array and two pairs of polarized lenses. Paid less for the entire package then I would have for the glasses alone on the open market. Great program and hopefully the more use it gets the more they will expand it with different glasses/lenses/etc. Thanks very much for the info and it does work for retirees!

ATCer
05-05-2008, 02:19
this place ain't gonna rip me off are they? I'm kinda anal about giving out my info to strangers.

tampashooters
05-05-2008, 07:12
this place ain't gonna rip me off are they? I'm kinda anal about giving out my info to strangers.

It's Oakley, not a stranger... It's just their Military/Police/Gov't Site.

NOCM
05-07-2008, 16:25
Tagged... I'll be a DoD employee in a couple weeks...

mike253
05-13-2008, 19:50
Tagged... I'll be a DoD employee in a couple weeks...

Ask your higher ups. Some of them aren't fond of employees telling anyone who they work for. Have a buddy that does some stuff for one of those agencies and he was telling me how great the Oakley discount was. Word got back to one of his higher ups and the idea was nixed.

In the real world, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission, in the Government world, it's better to ask permission than be unemployed :)

NOCM
05-14-2008, 02:08
It isn't one of THOSE agencies.

Ask your higher ups. Some of them aren't fond of employees telling anyone who they work for. Have a buddy that does some stuff for one of those agencies and he was telling me how great the Oakley discount was. Word got back to one of his higher ups and the idea was nixed.

In the real world, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission, in the Government world, it's better to ask permission than be unemployed :)

Lizaray1079
10-17-2014, 04:17
That are nice glasses. I like the stuff.