National Gun Day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : National Gun Day

KYgundoc
02-23-2008, 22:35
I went to national gun day to meet up with Kerry, Grady, and Dave today and ended up buying primers, .223 ammo and a new comp/muzzlebrake for the AR. prices were not bad but you had to shop for the best price. Primers ranged from 23. to 25. per 1000 but I did not see my powder at all. I saw jack but missed but none of the rest of the GLIPSC bunch. Anyone else go?

Joe Tactical
02-23-2008, 22:42
Sorry I missed it. NGD is a great show.

I will go to Knob Creek though. That is always worth the drive.

huskerbuttons
02-24-2008, 09:35
:steamed:I went and I thought it SUCKED! Everything was WAY OVERPRICED! I tried to buy a pistol but the dealer told me to wait, he was too busy telling a John Wanye story to another guy. I will never go back! What a rip off.

garand4u
02-24-2008, 10:15
Well I am going to miss the show this weekend, out car shopping. My son crashed his car in the ice. He is okay.

I sure the show would be more exciting. I have seen a ton of new tricks of the trade.

First.....

Nitrogen Air for the tires $200 option look for the green valve stems.

Paint protection is $500, I guess turtle wax is not as good enough. :wow:

Processing free $400 - $600

Doc Fee which is different from above $200 - $300

Extended Warranties $2,200 - $2,500 on a car retailing for $24,000 below.

Then there was the fun part. Had a car that stickered for $17,999. Asked for the best price and they told me $16,899. And said "That is a good deal."

Called home and wife found the same car on their website for $14,999...... HMMMM. Quickly said goodbye and left.

Oh well, back at car shopping today.

TRUST ME, I would rather be at a "Good" or "Not" so good Gun SHOW.............. :wavey:

cpolk
02-24-2008, 14:17
I went and thought the prices were ok, but I did have to press often for a better price. Picked up a few things, Grin.

grendelbane
02-24-2008, 16:49
I was there. Seemed a lot busier than the last one I went to. More vendors, and more people in general. Took almost all day just to get around it once.

Primer prices scared me to death. There was powder there, but not much.

I didn't find a firearm to purchase, so I lived up to my vow, and bought a Nagant revolver. I did get an Eotech at a decent price, and some other small odds and ends. It was worth the trip.

I am glad that I stocked up on primers last December. I also realize that June will probably find me wishing that I had stocked up on primers in February. Helicopter Ben is living up to his name, it seems.

Berretta9
02-24-2008, 17:08
I went to national gun day to meet up with Kerry, Grady, and Dave today and ended up buying primers, .223 ammo and a new comp/muzzlebrake for the AR. prices were not bad but you had to shop for the best price. Primers ranged from 23. to 25. per 1000 but I did not see my powder at all. I saw jack but missed but none of the rest of the GLIPSC bunch. Anyone else go?

Nope. Forgot about it. Can't belive I missed it. Jack, you buy any more Sigs ???

glockguy609
02-25-2008, 13:43
Nope, no new SIGs most of what I saw that I was interested in was a tad high (I know that's hard to imagine) and I'm trying to be a little smarter so I'm holding out for exactly what I want. The dealers have to pay so much for tables at NGD that the prices tend to be up there, I usally go to that one to look for stuff, but didn't get much this time , it was cool seeing Cary and Dean and just looking at all the guns.