Best way to make a reuben pizza? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make a reuben pizza?

ArodJohns
02-26-2008, 20:18
I know it sounds odd, but bear with me. I think if I got this right, it would be pretty good.

When I made this some time ago, I used regular pizza crust and pushed it out so it'd cook into a thin crust. Then I took about 2/3rds of a bottle of thousand island dressing, swiss cheese slices (since the store didn't have shredded stuff), some sour sauerkraut and then some corned beef from the odd shaped cans.

I baked it at 350 for about 25 minutes and it didn't turn out so hot. Anyone have any ideas? I've thought about using sweeter sauerkraut next time, but I'm not sure that'd change it too awful much.

sweetatergal
02-27-2008, 08:57
How about brushing a coat of olive oil on the crust instead of putting the Thousand Island dressing on it. Then layer with the corned beef, sauerkrout, and last the swiss cheese. After baking, use the 1000 Island dressing as a dipping sause.

The thought of "cooked" 1000 Island dressing sound......well.....:puking:

Mild Bill
02-28-2008, 18:52
Might try folding it over and cooking it as a calzone...
Possibly even deep frying--- as in a 'Panzarotti'...

Or getting those frozen pastry discs from a Latin grocery and doing Reuben Empanadas...

I dig!

:beer:

noway
03-09-2008, 11:12
How about brushing a coat of olive oil on the crust instead of putting the Thousand Island dressing on it. Then layer with the corned beef, sauerkrout, and last the swiss cheese. After baking, use the 1000 Island dressing as a dipping sause.

The thought of "cooked" 1000 Island dressing sound......well.....:puking:

reuben pizza is about as strange as Pineapple, fish and spinach pizza

AND I HAVE TO DOUBLE YOUR :puking:

elenaidan
08-24-2008, 16:39
Just had my third reuben sandwich this week and to be honest that pizza sound pretty good. I make them from fresh ingredients mostly, but for my money, it sounds like sweetatergal has it about right. If it taste as good as it sounds I'll take a piece of that pie.