Guilford County [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guilford County

mikesus
02-27-2008, 14:06
I had a nice chat with the Sheriff today about the delay of permits. Basically his hands are tied because the county will not allocate more funds (he has one deputy doing EVERYTHING)

He did indicate that he might start issuing 90 emergency permits due to the safety issues that are occurring in Greensboro and the poor police response.

How long has it taken to get yours lately?

(I have an appointment in Early May to APPLY, and 90 days after that :wow:)

Thankfully I still have my New Hampshire Non-resident permit. :thumbsup:

Neuromax
02-27-2008, 19:16
I finished my class in October, got my apt in early Jan and am waiting.........so far I am almost 4 months from completing the class, 50 ish days since getting finger printed. If he did the emergency permits that would be a nice option to waiting as long as we have to.

mikesus
03-24-2008, 09:26
This is getting ridiculous.

My wife called after taking her class.

Her appointment is the 3rd week in JULY!

So 4 months to get an appointment

3 months to get permit AFTER appointment

So 7 months now to get a permit in Guilford County

I have called the NRA 3 times. They are useless, and have done ZERO.

This is a clear violation of the intent of the law. 90 days is not 7 months.

I am dreading to read the headline about someone trying to protect themselves that either a) got clipped for carrying illegally because of the delay or b) followed the law, and got injured / killed because of doing it legally.

wulfjr
03-24-2008, 10:12
wow is it that bad in Greensboro??? I wonder what the true waiting period is here in Raleigh...

edrobert
03-24-2008, 12:59
A bit of advice. I called and got my appointment First before taking my class here in Charlotte because of the back up. There are classes being given all the time, so go ahead and set your appointment......then make sure you complete your class beforehand.

dickdaney
03-24-2008, 20:14
Man, I'm glad I got mine a few years ago. I hope the renewal process isn;t as bad

Neuromax
03-25-2008, 15:11
Man, I'm glad I got mine a few years ago. I hope the renewal process isn;t as bad

I'm still waiting. On April 7 will be my 90 days, remember I finished my class in October.....

I asked about renewal in Guilford County, she told me to just be sure to do it before 90 days. Give them a call to see if you need to set up an apt before that. The lady who handles the permits is very nice and helpful I think she is just got way too much work for just her.

magpie maniac
05-27-2008, 09:07
I picked up my CHP this morning. It was 62 days after my appointment and about 123 days after my training class. Honestly, it's a month earlier than I expected.

Mmmmmmm, nachos! :supergrin: