took a ride [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : took a ride

wolfy692005
03-02-2008, 19:49
took a ride today, no where particular planned. Decided to go south since the big shin dig was going on in daytona. We started doing the ABC's of HOG. if you don't know what this is, it is where you take pics of your bike next to a city, county, or state line ext each starting with the letters of the alphabet. Say B for Brandon. last year we started it in Oct and got 33 points and never left the state. This year we hope to get more. There is really no reward just takes you to places that you would normally not go to/ through.
During one of these picture taking ops today the bike was on a large hill and i could not get off of it. So the wife is taking the pic.. everything is good and as we get back on the road he said he has the little burrs from the weeds on her pant legs.. then she looks down and her pant leg and shoe are COVERED in FIRE ANTS. I drop two gears and get the bike off the road and we both jump off swiping and kicking and yelling. Must have been a great laugh for the passers by. I could only think of tommy boy and the bees.. After all is said and done she got 3 bites on her angle. I got 1 one each leg, 2 on my right but cheek, 2 around front somewhere its hard to reach and burns like hell.. and 5 on my chest and belly.. how in the hell did i end up with them there when she was the one who stepped in them? Oh well, the rest of the ride was nice except i always forget to put the sunscreen on BEFORE i get burned.. so i look and feel like a French fry..
good news was i got about Miles on the bike today with no issues..
we will be going to Gainesville in two weeks for the gator nationals.. after that, then back to the longer runs..
hope you all had good weather and good times... it was 85 today here,.
C-ya
:faint: