Gun show this weekend..March 8-9...Lexington KY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun show this weekend..March 8-9...Lexington KY

Kentucky_Guy
03-03-2008, 15:58
i went to the last crap show a couple months ago down at heritage hall....not making the mistake of going this time:whistling:

Blaker
03-03-2008, 21:26
I may go as I am wanting to sell a couple of guns.

lordjim_2001
03-03-2008, 21:32
I'll ignore grammar error there Blaker. ;) and say I'll go just to go and see what I see.

Blaker
03-04-2008, 09:47
Ugh...grammar police.

I was a Business Major, not much time spent on English.

lordjim_2001
03-04-2008, 09:53
Sorry about that Blaker. The wife is working on her Ph.D. in English. I used to get it all the time.

Rhandhali
03-04-2008, 21:10
I might go this time, a co-worker has expressed interest in going. I found some OK stuff last time I went, 200 bucks for a Marlin 336 with a scope and a $99.00 stripped lower isn't too bad.

KYMike
03-06-2008, 08:12
I might go this time, a co-worker has expressed interest in going. I found some OK stuff last time I went, 200 bucks for a Marlin 336 with a scope and a $99.00 stripped lower isn't too bad.

Not sure how we miss stuff like that. I have noticed that most dealers lately have redefined "show-special" as 15% over normal in-shop prices. When I asked about that at a local dealer's table, I was told, "We have to cover our costs to be here. Since the volume isn't enough at these things anymore, you have to pay for us to be here if you want something. If you want it at regular price, come to the shop Monday." Individuals have been largely overpriced there, too, because they see what the dealers are charging.

All that said, I'll be there if I get to feeling better by then. I've been sick off and on for a month, the last thing I probably need is to be there with all those people handling everything so I can catch something again.

Rhandhali
03-06-2008, 08:15
Well the $99.00 lower was from Bud's and that's they're normal price apparently. I just don't get out there ever. The Marlin came from an individual.

glockguy609
03-07-2008, 09:21
I was planning on going Sat. but with the weather....???
Any of you guys between Lou. and Lex. and in Lex. want to post a weather/roads update tomorrow morning for us out of towners? :supergrin:
I was planning to bring a couple to see if I could do some swappin!

KYMike
03-07-2008, 17:21
With the cold now firmly here, the rain from earlier is frozen solid. Side streets are bad, main streets are mostly ok but with slick patches. Still waiting on the snow...we thought it was coming hours ago when LOU started getting it...but nothing yet. If I'm up early we'll post an update.

If the Wx keeps people away, the deals may be a little more forthcoming this time around. Especially tomorrow morning with less ppl snapping up bargains, and late Sunday as they try and get a few sales in to make it worthwhile.

KYMike
03-08-2008, 06:31
I was planning on going Sat. but with the weather....???
Any of you guys between Lou. and Lex. and in Lex. want to post a weather/roads update tomorrow morning for us out of towners? :supergrin:
I was planning to bring a couple to see if I could do some swappin!

The way you guys in Lou and Cinci are buried, I doubt you care. If you're feeling ambitious, stay home anyway. There's 3-5" on the ground now. Many parts of LEX have a solid inch or more of ice under the snow from the sleet last night. There's been a break in the snow for the last two hours, so Streets & Roads has been out plowing and salting main roads, but we have more coming. The north side (64 corridor, 75, Newtown Pike) is closer to the 5". Another 2-3" are expected in the next few hours, and the roads are already a mess.

Good luck everyone. Hope you guys (especially north and west) get dug out and stay safe.

crabpainter
03-08-2008, 08:04
Is this show still on? So many events cancelled I was wondering if this is one of them..

Leigh
03-08-2008, 09:07
To anyone who attended, was there a fellow there who had a booth and was sharpening knives for $3-4 a blade???
He put a killer edge on some of my folders/fixed blades last time and I was hoping to give him some more business.
Thanks.

Kentucky_Guy
03-08-2008, 10:58
so did anyone go down this morning to the show????

glockguy609
03-08-2008, 14:11
I didn't venture out, I'm going to try in the AM if it's still on and we don't get anymore snow. The roads here in Lou are clearing up, the sun is out and snow is melting. It is suppose to be in the teens tonight so I'm sure there will be some slick spots but main roads should be clear.
How are the roads in Lex?

KYMike
03-08-2008, 15:51
I didn't venture out, I'm going to try in the AM if it's still on and we don't get anymore snow. The roads here in Lou are clearing up, the sun is out and snow is melting. It is suppose to be in the teens tonight so I'm sure there will be some slick spots but main roads should be clear.
How are the roads in Lex?

Keep in mind UK plays Florida at noon tomorrow. All Rupp parking will be pay-only tomorrow, lots near Rupp will be the same. Lex has a declared snow emergency so most street parking is off-limits, too. Plan to spend $10-25 to park, and you'll be fighting a lot of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. When I called to see if they were still on today, the Rupp employee told me that between weather and snow emergency parking regs today and UK-game tomorrow, she's been advising callers not to attend the gun show at all. I'm sure the Kenny Woods folks would love to hear that.

Main roads are clear but slushy and very wet, expect ice in spots in the AM. Side roads (and roads not on Snow Emergency Routes) are still snow covered, icy, and slick. You should be clear from 64 to Rupp, though. Especially by tomorrow.

Good luck if you go. I have trouble justifying entrance fees for that show, so I certainly won't pay $10+ to park on top of it plus fight the UK crowds.

Kentucky_Guy
03-08-2008, 18:37
GOD...i forgot about that damn UK game tomorrow...

i actually thought about going tomorrow to try a trade at Bud's table but i definitely will not be going then....

lordjim_2001
03-08-2008, 20:20
Here's a little secret. Park at Transy if you can. Schools out and the lots should be plowed. It's a 15 min walk to Rupp but parking is free.

KYMike
03-10-2008, 17:39
Any one end up going? I'd be curious to hear how all the factors influenced the deals.