Any Masonic "collectors"? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Masonic "collectors"?

bassman-dan
03-04-2008, 19:59
Being a bit of an amateur history buff, I have found a mother lode of historical Masonic memorabilia listed on Ebay with several thousand items listed at any given time. I'm sure there are other sites as well but just spent some time perusing the endless offerings of various books, medals, watch fobs, swords, old pictures, clothing, rings, etc.
I'm relatively new to Masonry, having just been raised a few weeks ago, and must admit to being fascinated by the many items available to collectors.
There seems to be a pretty brisk trade in many different categories.
Do any of you collect a particular segment of memorabilia or perhaps something from your region of the country?

Javelin
03-04-2008, 20:07
Naw. There is so much cheap junk out there. With all the recent interest in the press, movies, documentarys, etc. the cheap junk out there became a little more expensive for no reason with many claiming to have something rare.

My 2 cents.

:)

Bilbo Baggins
03-04-2008, 21:03
I have a fairly sizable collection of Cypher books from all over the country and a few from the UK. I guess these facinate me because in Pennsylvania they are not allowed.

bassman-dan
03-04-2008, 21:14
One that caught my eye was an 1860 1st edition book by Albert Pike (!).
The price was a bit too steep. I'll be watching the 1952 edition.
There seemed to be an awful lot of estate sales of old memorabilia from various lodges in Pa. & N.Y.
Kinda sad how some of the old swords , coins, etc. is sold off by relatives who don't know the history.
I would like to pick up one of the Civil War era KT swords someday.

augustus_01
03-14-2008, 23:32
I like to collect Texas Masonic history items. There is a nice collection of Masonic books located in Half Price Books in Frisco. They sure want a pretty penny for them though.....:faint:

deputy tom
03-15-2008, 16:16
Dan,I've been collecting Masonic stuff for the past 30 yrs.I've slowed down due to getting older and what is going to happen to all of these treasures once I pass on? I have a Masonic pocket watch that I'd never sell. Hey one man's junk another mans gold or vice a versa.Watch your spending.tom.

MarcoPolo
03-24-2008, 19:15
I like to collect Texas Masonic history items. There is a nice collection of Masonic books located in Half Price Books in Frisco. They sure want a pretty penny for them though.....:faint:

I was raised in 2006, and have taken to collecting the GM pin each year (I now have a grand total of 2. LOL!) How far back has the GM been choosing their own pin? It may be interesting for me to go back and look at some older pins if possible.

DesertMan
03-25-2008, 22:41
You can goto the freemasonstore.com they have alot of nice stuff to get. I got a vintage lapel pin from them..