Ccw Holders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ccw Holders

Gee19
03-06-2008, 00:30
Greetings fellow Glockers. I was wondering if any of you all are currently college students and if you all carry while on campus? I live in Indiana, and I have wrote numerous letters to newspaper, my elected officials trying to get something done concerning this issue. I have to leave my gun at home when I travel to school which really bothers me. I am just interested in what you guys think about it. Do you all personally know a lot of people on Utah campuses that carry? Have you all seen any problems with it at all? Any information would be appreciated. You guys are so lucky by the way. Not having to worry about protecting yourself and others around you when a pycho comes running in. I guess I will try my hardest to get to the shooter and get 4 inches of cold steel in his neck before he shoots me 12 times. Not real good chances in my opinion, but better than waiting on him to execute me. Thanks for your time guys.

RyDC
03-06-2008, 20:55
Greetings fellow Glockers. I was wondering if any of you all are currently college students and if you all carry while on campus? I live in Indiana, and I have wrote numerous letters to newspaper, my elected officials trying to get something done concerning this issue. I have to leave my gun at home when I travel to school which really bothers me. I am just interested in what you guys think about it. Do you all personally know a lot of people on Utah campuses that carry? Have you all seen any problems with it at all? Any information would be appreciated. You guys are so lucky by the way. Not having to worry about protecting yourself and others around you when a pycho comes running in. I guess I will try my hardest to get to the shooter and get 4 inches of cold steel in his neck before he shoots me 12 times. Not real good chances in my opinion, but better than waiting on him to execute me. Thanks for your time guys.

Yep, I carried @ school.
Utah Supreme Court smacked University of Utah down a couple years back, and ruled that any public school is required to allow licensees to carry. Public schools here can't administratively discipline folks who choose to carry.
I went to BYU (privately owned by the Mormon church). Students aren't permitted to carry (but it's an administrative not criminal infraction if you do), but they can't disallow anyone else.
As far as problems go? None. There's not been a shooting I know of in a Utah public school.

gsr
03-07-2008, 21:54
I carried all the time when I attended Utah Valley State College (soon to be Utah Valley University). I know others carried, as well. Out of sight, out of mind, just like the thing you pee with.:whistling: There have never been any instances that I know of where a person with a legally concealed weapon has caused a problem. There was a instance a few months ago where a UVSC student used his weapon to stop a dog that attacked him on his way home from school. Had he been unarmed because of school policy, he would have been dog meat, literally.