2008 GMC Sierra Tire Pressure Monitoring System [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2008 GMC Sierra Tire Pressure Monitoring System

ajstrider
03-07-2008, 20:39
I have one of the new 2008 GMC Sierra's and I am having trouble resetting my tire pressure monitoring system. I had a new tire installed with a new detector in it and it wouldn't register with my truck. I followed the instruction manual on how to reset the system and that didn't work? The GMC dealers here aren't any help because the system is new this year and they don't know how to work it either. Anyone else out there have any experience?

Norman
03-15-2008, 08:38
Hehehe.... first, you need to sign up over on GM-trucks.com

Second, yes, many of us New Body Style (NBS) GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado owners are experiencing and have experienced the hassle of trying to get the TPMS system to cooperate with us. I just take it to my dealership down the street after I rotate the tires, and they have this little device that gets it to work in just 5 minutes or less. Oh, and I have a 2007 Sierra, and the TPMS is NOT new for the 2008 year. Your dealership is feeding you a line of BS. That, or they don't have the handheld device that my local dealership has, and they don't want to admit their own shortcomings. But check out the website. You'll find it a great resource.

Good luck, and good choice on the truck.

ajstrider
03-15-2008, 10:28
Anyone know where to buy one of these reset tools at? I have been looking with no luck.

Norman
03-15-2008, 12:56
Anyone know where to buy one of these reset tools at? I have been looking with no luck.

It looks like a dealer-only piece of electronic equipment. Like some sort of handheld scanner sorta thingie.