Anyone found the Kriss G21 mag extensions?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found the Kriss G21 mag extensions??

FatBoy
03-10-2008, 06:51
Title says it all, but if you are unaware, there is a new 45acp carbine on its way out to the public that takes G21 mags. They are selling +17 rd extension kits for G21 mags. They are were to be out in the marketplace by Feb. 08, but I have not heard anything about them. They are made by MagPul so they should be of very good quality.
http://www.kriss-tdi.com/content/view/44/14/

TDI also offers an optional KRISS G30 MagEx for the KRISS line of firearms manufactured by MagPul Industries. The KRISS MagEx G30 "+17" design quickly converts the Glock 21 13-round magazine to a full 30 rounds which assembles and disassembles easily with no special tools required. The magazine extension has an inner and outer sleeve of injection molded Magpul proprietary high-performance, fiber-filled polyamide (PA) composite material for strength, toughness and dimensional stability. The magazine extension also contains an ISMI premium spring, manufactured exclusively with certified aerospace specification alloys. The product uses standard Glock 21 13-round .45 ACP magazine components - magazine body, follower and base plate. The KRISS G30 MagEx is compatible with all KRISS Super V system .45 ACP firearms (SMG, CRB/SO) and with Glock 21 .45 ACP pistols.

FB

nra-life-member
05-04-2008, 02:10
Still looking myself for these.

DFin
05-04-2008, 09:27
They sound promising. I wonder why they don't just make a solid straight 30 round mag for the G21 instead of an extension.

nra-life-member
05-04-2008, 14:02
Too Heavy?

bfg1971
05-08-2008, 22:26
They sound promising. I wonder why they don't just make a solid straight 30 round mag for the G21 instead of an extension.

I have wondered about that myself. It might have to do with prototyping to insure functionality before making their own magazine.

here is a link to a video of the weapon itself compared to H&k ump smg. video is a little over 7 min long.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/content/view/4/8/

iceweazle
05-13-2008, 00:15
I was in contact with them and actually stumbled on their online store which shower the extensions and complete magazines a couple weeks ago. I basically checked their website daily. They said the store wasn't ready for business yet. It is now offline. I wanted to get just the extensions, which were $26.99 I believe, but they will not even sell the extensions in California. Even though you can get extensions for any other Glock mag to use on preban regular (more than 10 round) magazines. Until their lawyers say otherwise I will have to just watch from the sidelines.

Quiet
05-13-2008, 01:02
Anyone contact MagPul Industries about this?
Since, they (Magpul) are the ones making the extension. (http://www.kriss-tdi.com/content/view/52/14/)

Suggested MSRP and Magazine Extension Packages

KRISS Super V MagEx G30 Extension Kit (Kit only) $26.95
KRISS Super V MagEx G30+ Extension Kit plus G21 Magazine (Assembled) $49.95
KRISS Super V MagEx G30+ Extension Kit plus G21 Magazine and Speed Loader $79.95
KRISS Uplula Speed Loader (Loader only) $29.95
60-day unconditional return warranty with lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.

FatBoy
05-16-2008, 00:23
Just stumbled back across this thread. I thought it died a while back. Glad to see something is now happening. I would be willing to pay $26 for the extension just for kicks.

FB

pistoleer
05-23-2008, 15:49
TDI just said today that they will be sent to their dealers in "3 weeks" and at that time they will also be up for sale on their website.

DanK
05-23-2008, 17:51
This is very promising indeed. This will negate the .45's biggest drawback for home defense.

Living in NY I'm actually glad they are offering extensions, not full mags.

I just wonder whether they will expand to other calibers. I don't have a .45 (but this almost makes me wish I did)!

pistoleer
05-23-2008, 21:23
This is very promising indeed. This will negate the .45's biggest drawback for home defense.

Living in NY I'm actually glad they are offering extensions, not full mags.

I just wonder whether they will expand to other calibers. I don't have a .45 (but this almost makes me wish I did)!

Well until then you can always use taylor freelance + 8 floorplates http://taylorfreelance.com/floorplates.htm

dnh
05-31-2009, 17:08
Has anyone actually made any of these available to the general public? Google only finds them at Impact Guns and Kriss, and I already got stuck on the Impact Guns backorder list once. Did they decide not to produce them?

pistoleer
06-03-2009, 12:36
Has anyone actually made any of these available to the general public? Google only finds them at Impact Guns and Kriss, and I already got stuck on the Impact Guns backorder list once. Did they decide not to produce them?

My brother got one from Kriss for free because he was having problems with his Super-V and then bought five more from some other guy from somewhere in middle America at half the price Kriss is advertising on their website. I wish I knew who it was to tell you but I asked him and he's even unsure. Kriss does have them up on their website for sale now and I believe they are now doing customer direct sales.
http://www.kriss-tdi.com/kriss-store/part-kits.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl1&product_id=7&category_id=5&vmcchk=1

d13s3l
06-03-2009, 22:58
i got mine here a few months back.... Elk Castle Shooting Sports (http://www.elkcastle.com/) in Ft.W TX

dnh
06-04-2009, 14:01
Thanks guys! Got one ordered.

dnh
06-12-2009, 19:34
Wow. I take my last comment back. I placed an order on the Kriss website on June 4. I get an email on June 10 saying that my order is "confirmed" (whatever that means). I email them asking what "confirmed" does for me. I get a response from two people at the company. One says it will be shipped that day, and the other says the extensions are in stock but will not be shipped until either the 11th or 12th and that I will be emailed a tracking number when it is shipped. Here we are late on the 12th, and I have no tracking number or shipping email. What a way to run a business.:steamed: Hopefully someone else will come out with a copy of the Kriss magazine extension and actually sell it.:whistling:

pistoleer
06-13-2009, 16:07
Yep they are the biggest duches around. And their "kriss of death" is a terribly thought out problematic POS. I figured they'd have it together by now.

dnh
06-15-2009, 15:33
OK, the extension actually shipped on the 11th, they just didn't send me a "shipped" order status change email with the tracking number, so it unexpectedly arrived today. It looks well built and solid in construction. I installed it on a Glock 21 magazine, and everything fits tight. It functions well with loading 30 rounds and then unloading by pushing the rounds out by hand (the follower doesn't hang up as it transitions from the extension to the magazine body). I will post range results as soon as I get a chance to shoot it.

dnh
07-13-2009, 20:11
Extension works great! Several full 30 round mag dumps in a row with no failures to feed. I am going to buy a few more.:supergrin:

DS12
07-13-2009, 21:53
glad to hear that, maybe a G21 is in my future now :)

DS12
07-15-2009, 16:14
would love to hear more

stickman77
07-19-2009, 11:18
coming from personal experience, the kriss mags work great in a glock. the actual kriss gun is a major pos. i work at a gun shop/range thats rents the full auto version and we have had nothing but trouble with the gun.

DS12
07-20-2009, 07:13
bump.

seaswol
07-23-2009, 21:40
Assembled a Kriss extension mag in a 10mm mag, after assemblying one on a .45 mag. The top end of the spring fits the .45 follower perfectly. On the 10mm, the spring ends needs to be bent 60 degrees to catch into the hole in the follower but does not fit perfectly. The rest of the 10mm mag went together as described. I easily loaded 32 rounds in the 10mm mag and could force a 33rd round in mych like the last round on many standard Glock magsI could only get 29 rounds in the .45 mag. Off to the range tomorrow. I'll try the 10mm mag in my G29. Then try the .45 Kriss mag on my SF and then my Franken Glock, a G36 slide on my G29 frame (yea, same as a G30).
Chris

DS12
07-27-2009, 04:19
awesome awaiting more info :)

bohoki
07-27-2009, 19:32
ive had one +17 bottom for exactly one year now it has worked flawless (with the newest generation body ambi catch) it will not work with pre-2004 magazines

but was out shooting with it and the bottom popped off and spewed 25 all over the ground and i lost the spring the extention is undamaged but the body shows plastic deformation so if i round up another spring i'll use it with a new body i put the origional bottom on my body and it seems to hold ok

the thing would be a hoot on a glock 30 body its not a good design for robust use its more like using a ramline magazine ok for range fun but i'm not using it for anything serious

toxicbyte
12-20-2009, 12:29
Anybody else using these on a regular basis? What's the status report???

nra-life-member
01-30-2010, 20:51
ive had one +17 bottom for exactly one year now it has worked flawless (with the newest generation body ambi catch) it will not work with pre-2004 magazines

but was out shooting with it and the bottom popped off and spewed 25 all over the ground and i lost the spring the extention is undamaged but the body shows plastic deformation so if i round up another spring i'll use it with a new body i put the origional bottom on my body and it seems to hold ok

the thing would be a hoot on a glock 30 body its not a good design for robust use its more like using a ramline magazine ok for range fun but i'm not using it for anything serious

Did you purchase just the extension or did you purchase the complete magazine..

leatherman
02-06-2010, 22:33
ordered mine from there sight,install easy about 300 rds so far in my 21 &30
flawless in both/fmj,hp's, lasercast,all good.although looks kinda funny in the 30
but shoots great.

seaswol
02-06-2010, 23:10
Should not have tried to use the KRISS mags for 10mm since that is not their design intent. I plan on trying my G21 and G21SF with the modified KRISS G21 mags. Even when trying to load a 10mm non apporved mag, the rounds loaded hard and did not feed properly by hand. Probably since they were never designed for the GREAT 10mm round.
Chris

doodi1
09-26-2010, 10:24
Does anyone know who has the best prices on the Kriss Mag extensions?

nra-life-member
10-02-2010, 19:44
Does anyone know who has the best prices on the Kriss Mag extensions?

Anyone fine these are good prices.

FatBoy
10-04-2010, 06:12
Anyone fine these are good prices.

Wow, Zombie thread is back from the dead. http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/058/f/a/_notoveryet__by_Burst_Design.gif

Try here.... http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1822&CAT=329

FB

Milezenji
10-04-2010, 12:23
holy cow! I saw the Kriss mag ext today at the range, and they wanted $97 for them!! :wow:

In comparison, Lone Wolf looks to have a pretty good price on them.