CCDW Renewal qestion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCDW Renewal qestion

Maximaking
03-11-2008, 17:48
Hey guys, my 5 years on my carry permit is almost up. On the picture thing can they still take your picture for a few dollars so you don't have to mess with all the requirements? How long is the wait for the new permit? Do they have a notary in the office or should I have my bank notarize KSP 125?

Thanks
Todd

amr40509
03-12-2008, 07:05
Mine just expired (3/5/08) so I took mine down to the Fayette Co Court House like a week before it expired.

I asked the same things you did. They can do the picture there ($5) BUT you have to have your actual renewal notice. They can also notorize. This is for Lexington/Fayette Co, I don't know about other offices.

I had filed a change of address like 3 years ago but apparently it never was recorded, so I never got my renewal notice in the mail. You cannot change your address and renew the same day....so here I sit waiting for the renewal notice to come though for my expired permit.

spork
03-12-2008, 15:07
My renewed permit only took seven days, including the weekend, to be processed. I believe that was unusually fast and not the norm, but who knows.

Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. will take your photo for five dollars.