Reciprocity with Arkansas? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reciprocity with Arkansas?

chevy01234
03-12-2008, 09:37
When did we gain reciprocity with Arkansas?

Per the DPS website
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.nsf/webFAQs/CF951F45DE14112686256A3E005178A3?OpenDocument

With what other states does Mississippi have reciprocity? (Whose permits do we honor, who honors ours?)

Mississippi has Reciprocal Agreements with :
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan,Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, & Wyoming.

I went to Arkansas a month and a half ago and when I checked the reciprocity with Ar it was a no-go? I also talked with a state LEO today and it was news to him.

OXCOPS
03-12-2008, 09:56
Good question. Arkansas used to be one of those states that thought that surrounding state permits weren't "good enough" to be valid in AR (most due to lack of training requirements). I would call the DPS permit people in both MS and AR to verify.

chevy01234
03-12-2008, 11:30
It has been verified by an MBI agent that is a buddy of mine. He made some phone calls for me:wavey: how you been Ox? Whenever you come back to O town let me know and we'll go grab a beer or something!

OXCOPS
03-12-2008, 11:43
It has been verified by an MBI agent that is a buddy of mine. He made some phone calls for me:wavey: how you been Ox? Whenever you come back to O town let me know and we'll go grab a beer or something!

Been well! Still trying to figure out what all this white crap is all over the place! It's cold and wet, but I can't figure it out! :rofl:

I just noticed that Arizona was added to the list, so it must be VERY recent. It's not even up on the AZ DPS site yet.

chevy01234
03-12-2008, 11:52
Yea I saw that too, I talked with the MBI agent this morning and he said he hadnt heard anything but he made some calls and confirmed it for me? Oh well! It seems they would have sent out a letter or something?

OXCOPS
03-12-2008, 11:59
It's still showing as "Pending" on the AZ DPS site. By the time I make a trip back home this summer, I am sure it will be a done deal.

chevy01234
03-12-2008, 12:07
I hear ya. I went to Arkansas goose hunting the first weekend in february and couldnt carry my pistol and was telling a few guys how I thought it was silly not being able to when all the other surrounding states allowed it. I guess they heard me!

We got a little bit of that white stuff in Oxford last Friday but it was gone by 10 saturday morning!

jpcast
03-20-2008, 21:25
I asked an Arkansas state trooper about reciprocity with Mississippi mid November. He mentioned that the state had made some changes and to look it up online as he felt it was recently passed.

Glad to see this is done. Both state government websites show it and the travelers gun law book 2008 version shows it as well.

Travel safe and keep your powder dry.

NoloContendere
03-23-2008, 07:28
good to know!