Who qualifies to be non dedployable [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who qualifies to be non dedployable

tamousw
03-12-2008, 22:20
Hey does anyone know if it's possible for me to get a non deployable status if I join the National Guard? I didn't mind it but my wife's health is not that great. I was recently separated from the military because of my wife's health. But I think that I can afford to do one weekend out of the month and two weeks out of the year as long as I don't get deployed.

Biscuitsjam
03-12-2008, 23:36
If you don't plan to deploy, why do you want to join the National Guard? What possible benefit are you offering to your state or the nation? Do you think the Guard gets some kind of tangible benefit from paying for your training and receiving nothing in return?

National Guard soldiers are "on call" for when they are needed, whether that is for an fighting an overseas war, cleaning up after a local tornado, defending the southern border, providing security at a major government summit meeting, defusing a riot, or any other task which may be needed. Many Guard soldiers have spent an entire career with few or no call-ups, but they joined and served with the knowledge that they could be activated at any time. Recently, however, few Guard soldiers haven't been called up. That's what we're here for.

There are units that usually only get activated for service in the United States, and it is possible to get a hardship discharge for a sudden emergency. There are also a few soldiers that got a "college first" enlistment option or are on ROTC scholarship. But, if your situation is such that you cannot be away from your wife for extended periods, then joining the National Guard would be a serious blunder.

I hope I misinterpreted your post or that it is a joke.

GreenBeret1631
03-13-2008, 14:57
Hey does anyone know if it's possible for me to get a non deployable status if I join the National Guard? I didn't mind it but my wife's health is not that great. I was recently separated from the military because of my wife's health. But I think that I can afford to do one weekend out of the month and two weeks out of the year as long as I don't get deployed.

If you can't deploy, don't join the National Guard or the Reserve.

Perhaps, you should see if your State has a State Guard like the one here in Washington State. most do and they are not deployed.

http://stateguard.washingtonguard.org/

xxiv
03-14-2008, 14:53
Echo above.

FDC
03-14-2008, 18:09
Do you qualify for an AGR recruiter position? This is a full time job, but you will not deploy.

If you don't qualify-don't join.

wasabi
03-14-2008, 19:08

Considering the current state of affairs in the world, there is absolutely no guarantee that anyone in the military will be non-deployable. If you want to be with your wife, than don't sign up. Simple as that. If you sign up again, there is an extremely good chance you will deploy.

Sgt_Gold
03-16-2008, 19:40
AGR's are deployable just like everyone else. They mobilized the readiness NCO from my unit for the current 27 BDE deployment to Afghanistan. If you are AGR with a unit that gets called up you get to go as well.

Do you qualify for an AGR recruiter position? This is a full time job, but you will not deploy.

If you don't qualify-don't join.

Biscuitsjam
03-17-2008, 16:37
AGR's are deployable just like everyone else. They mobilized the readiness NCO from my unit for the current 27 BDE deployment to Afghanistan. If you are AGR with a unit that gets called up you get to go as well.The suggestion was to become an AGR recruiter. They're typically under a different command than the unit they are attached to, and they don't deploy.

Could an AGR recruiter deploy? Probably, but it isn't likely.

Readiness, admin, supply, etc. AGR are typically deployable members of the unit.

deadday
03-17-2008, 16:39
Undeployable? You mean like the Air Force?:tongueout::tongueout: (j/k I love my AF brothers and sistesr)....There is no such thing as undeployable, though there are a handful of MOS' across the branches that are rarely deployed, in the Army, Lab Technician is an example...

drew

Sgt_Gold
03-18-2008, 00:21
You are correct. An AGR recruiter has to resign their postition an request a Title 10 deployment because of budget control issues. Other AGR's are as deployable as anyone else. We have some non deployable NG Soldiers because the equipment they operate is not deployable outside CONUS.

The suggestion was to become an AGR recruiter. They're typically under a different command than the unit they are attached to, and they don't deploy.

Could an AGR recruiter deploy? Probably, but it isn't likely.

Readiness, admin, supply, etc. AGR are typically deployable members of the unit.

Mnukedude
03-19-2008, 05:26
Deployment is part of military life.