Another cross-stitch piece finished [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another cross-stitch piece finished

PilotKitten
03-13-2008, 06:04
Heh... I feel so accomplished! :supergrin:

Well, technically I started this one 2 years ago and set it aside in a drawer and forgot about it. I "found" it a few days ago so went to put the finishing touches on it and just finished up.

It's supposed to have the whole phrase "we hold these truths to be self-evident... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" in the background but my cats have hidden my gold thread so I can't "finish" it. I wasn't really liking how the font and lettering looked on the model anyhow and was contemplating changing it so I guess it's all for the better.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/PilotKitten/CrossStitch/DSC03380.jpg

c-mama
03-13-2008, 10:22
Oh my! That's absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

:bowdown:

pink_vibrations
03-13-2008, 18:55
That is beautiful! A piece of art! :supergrin:

Shondratasha
03-13-2008, 23:53
Absolutely wonderful! If you still want to do the lettering, let me know what gold you're missing - ten to one I have it in stash and I'll send it to you.

PilotKitten
03-14-2008, 03:08
It's the same shiny metallic gold the tassels and the hem on the skirt are made out of. But don't worry about it... like I said, I wasn't really liking how the lettering looked on the model anyway and I don't really have the patience/time to create a new font right now... lol. I was actually considering putting the 2nd Amendment back there instead... rofl. Peace Through Superior Firepower and all that. :supergrin:

Thanks for all the nice comments!