Slug accuracy w/ Rifled Choke? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Slug accuracy w/ Rifled Choke?

Counter Strike
06-09-2002, 06:18
I've recently acquired an 11-87 with a 21" barrel and intend to use it as my do-all gun this year. What kind of accuracy can I reasonably expect from this gun shooting sabot slugs thru a rifled rem-choke? How much tighter might a fully rifled barel shoot the same projectile? 125 yards is probably my longest shot. Thanks for any input.

tjpet
06-09-2002, 20:27
Accuracy's been the same in rifled CT's and barrels for me. No difference whatsoever.

TJC
06-10-2002, 15:12
I've been using an 11-87 for a number of years here in NJ for deer as we can't use rifles. I tried the rifled choke tube with fair success, but the rifled barrel is great. I can shoot 3-4" groups at a 100 yards all day long with Rem. sabot slugs.
I also use a 2-7 Leupold on this gun.

Counter Strike
06-12-2002, 12:39
TJC, what kind of groups did you get witht he rifled choke? Is it worth the $30 that it costs? Thanks guys.

TJC
06-12-2002, 22:18
It has been a while since I shot that tube. In fact I still have it somewhere downstairs. I think the groups were more up around the 6" mark with the tube and Rem sabot rounds (the old style).

If you are interested in a choke tube (remington), email me and I'll work something out with you to save you money. I have been using the rifled barrel with the cantilever for about 6 years.

Come to think about it, I think I also have a standard rifled barrel somewhere downstairs too. HMMMM, gotta check that out tonight.