EMERGENCY!!!/ TV show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY!!!/ TV show

G20man32904
03-15-2008, 15:06
I can't believe they are showing an episode over 30 years old. I loved this show as a kid and all I wanted to be was a cop (from 1-ADAM-12) or a medic like John Gage. :ffighter: :cop:

So who all here is doing what they do because of these 2 tv shows and how they influenced you as a kid? :supergrin:

fjnardo
03-15-2008, 17:09
We still watch Emergency! on DVD at the firehouse every so often. Classics! Funny thing is, we have had so many young'ens start the job that have no clue about this show. We make them watch it!:cool:

I loved the action during the show and it did steer me that way especially for the EMS side. Now in my area, there are very few departments that aren't Firefighter/Paramedic.

I loved the episode with the New Recruit that was a Military Medic and was trying to do more than he was allowed!:rofl:

colt_sniper
03-16-2008, 13:09
Emergency was the show that got me started on the path to becomming a FF/Medic.

I found a place that has the "emergency Squad 51 tone , as a ring tone, along with the station 51 ring tone" talk about a loud ring tone!.....

colt!

FThorn
03-16-2008, 13:10
Hey, here are the eps (episodes) that they have on HULU.COM

http://www.hulu.com/emergency

Seasons one and two. PILOT ep seems to be missing.

<object width="510" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MPii8KXwXVH1HJMDAL-8Rw"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MPii8KXwXVH1HJMDAL-8Rw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="510" height="295"></embed></object>

nursetim
03-16-2008, 14:17

I found a place that has the "emergency Squad 51 tone , as a ring tone, along with the station 51 ring tone" talk about a loud ring tone!.....

colt!

Well? Don't tease us like that. Give with a link so we can get the ringtone as well. That is the only ring tone I'd pay for.

1985 4Runner
03-16-2008, 14:36
Good stuff. I used to watch it as a kid. I never thought then I would end up in the FD.

G20man32904
03-16-2008, 19:54

colt!

C'mon man, give it up
I would pay for that one as well, or I'll trade you the "Swat" theme song for a ring tone. :supergrin:

pulaskipusher
04-01-2008, 11:46
The host dept for an academy I attended last week had an actual Squad 51. I'll post a pic if I can find it but it was a 70s model dodge, still in real nice shape.

grfd600
04-01-2008, 21:36
OK guys, pop quiz: what was the radio callsign for the LA Co. FD?

leitung
04-01-2008, 22:17
I can't remember honestly...

I loved adam-12, emergency, and Dragnet. I wish they would put those shows back on.

Da-Squad
04-02-2008, 06:44
KMG-365,,, I think

grfd600
04-02-2008, 07:35
KMG-365,,, I think

Yup! It's still the callsign for some VHF channels they have.

andy4731
04-02-2008, 08:36
I admit it, I became a paramedic because of EMERGENCY. Sadly, When I became an EMT and then a Medic, we were among the last people to understand the legends that came before us and inspired a whole generation of public safety professionals.

Ask an 18 y/o today why he became an EMT and he won't have a clue who Johnny Gage or Roy DeSoto were.

Just Sad.

Bravo6
04-03-2008, 17:27
Well? Don't tease us like that. Give with a link so we can get the ringtone as well. That is the only ring tone I'd pay for.

Found some here...

http://www.nextpimp.com/ringtones_Emergency.html

I'm a younger guy, but I used to work with a 20 year veteran EMT who lent me the first season one weekend so I could watch it. I had never heard of it before, but the show is awesome. Nothing like that on TV today!

Glkster19
04-26-2008, 19:36
The phones that we have at work for the medics also has the tone with Squad 51 being toned. For a text message the response is from Dr. Bracket "Squad 51 this is Rampart can you send us a strip?

And no I don't know where either of them came from.

Smith58
04-27-2008, 01:41
Robert Fuller, aka Dr. Kelly Brackett, had a table at last Octobers Tulsa Gun Show. Very cool guy to talk to as he sold photos and autographs. Being a musician, I had to ask him what it was like to work with Bobby Troup (Dr. Joe Early) and Julie London (Dixie McCall). He said the cast would often go to Bobby & Julie's house after filming; Bobby would play piano, Julie would reluctantly sing......Really nice guy.

Wish TVLand would bring it back. Ever notice the firefighters never wore boots...at least in the day scenes.

ETA: One more thing: The dispatcher was a genuine LACoFD dispatcher, Sam Lanier. Sam retired and died of a heart attack while assisting the victims of a traffic accident.....

tbhracing
04-27-2008, 03:19
Got into the fire service 21 years ago, paid for 17 and finally made Captain. All thanks to this show.

RLDS45S
04-27-2008, 08:43
I just wanted to pop the caps of the preloaded drugs! Then I found out you could use the preloads for darts.........

RLDS45S
04-27-2008, 08:43
Randolph Mantooth was Life Link III's Trauma Tactic last fall..

D25
04-27-2008, 09:55
Ask an 18 y/o today why he became an EMT and he won't have a clue who Johnny Gage or Roy DeSoto were.

Just Sad.

I just asked a paramedic class that I was teaching PHTLS to, and not one knew what I was talking about.:crying:

Morris
04-27-2008, 11:22
Okay, this bacon bits will confess: I owned a Emergency 51 lunchbox. Loved the show as a kid, almost made me go to the red side. Almost.

There was a similar EMT rig at a local auction yard a few years back. I was sorely tempted to buy it to fix it up as a project.

Good memories. Loved the nurse, Dixie, right?

RLDS45S
04-27-2008, 11:32
I loved the type Dixie had to ride a s preceptor.

RLDS45S
04-27-2008, 11:33
The first year was the best when they first started getting going..

SNOWANGEL2274
07-30-2008, 21:42
I admit it, I became a paramedic because of EMERGENCY. Sadly, When I became an EMT and then a Medic, we were among the last people to understand the legends that came before us and inspired a whole generation of public safety professionals.

Just Sad.

Well now i happen to know that most of my friends who are fire fighters and are around 18 years old know and sit with me and watch old episodes. im 18. hell my 10 year old brother has watched Emergency since he was 5 hes now 11! so idk i think it depends how dedicated the teens are to fire fighting and how much tv they watched growing up. i know where i live they had it on tv till about 1998 every day from 2-3pm and id be damed if my but wasnt sitting infront of the tv then. just to give you an 18 year olds perspective.

SNOWANGEL2274
07-30-2008, 21:43
hey does anyone know where i can get Seasons 5-7 we cant find them anywhere. i looked on ebay and they go to season 4. we own 1-4 now and love it but watched it to the point of memorizing the words!

pappaw
07-30-2008, 21:55
"So who all here is doing what they do because of these 2 tv shows and how they influenced you as a kid?"

Yep, and my family being in the service.

Dragnet, Emergency, Adam 12, etc.

:ambulance::cop::drillsgt:

nursetim
07-30-2008, 23:03
I can't load the ringtone on my iphone :( can anyone help this techno idiot?

chuckman
07-31-2008, 06:35
About 15 years ago Jim Page put together kind a companion book (small book, maybe more of a booklet) about the show since he had such a big part of it. While the show had no influence on me being a medic, I loved it nonetheless. Remember Firefighter Kelly? Real firefighter for LA. When I was a medic and precepting new folks, we talked about 'the old days' of having to call in for orders, and they had a hard time believeing me.

grfd600
07-31-2008, 11:22
About 15 years ago Jim Page put together kind a companion book (small book, maybe more of a booklet) about the show since he had such a big part of it. While the show had no influence on me being a medic, I loved it nonetheless. Remember Firefighter Kelly? Real firefighter for LA. When I was a medic and precepting new folks, we talked about 'the old days' of having to call in for orders, and they had a hard time believeing me.

FF Kelly I believe was NOT a real LACFF; it was Engineer Stoker your thinking of. In fact, Mike Stoker was his real name. They used him because he could really drive the truck AND the department wanted at least one real FF from LAC in the show. If you also noticed, he did not talk much at all in the shows since he was not an actor.

Lynn D
08-02-2008, 21:29
Should've known that the first time I said "MI" when someone said "heart attack" was my clue.....Started as athletic trainer. Reluctantly went to nursing school. Now RN (SICU) and EMT-B. Forgot about that till I dated a CCEMT.....Who'd a thunk?

And while all the rest of the girls were oo-ing and ah-ing over Johnny Gage, I always had a soft spot for Roy. :)

RLDS45S
08-02-2008, 23:47
My goal was to be popping the tops off the preloaded drugs! Man how things have changed and evolved! The sad part about EMS is we still do not have universal recognition, menaing licensure vs certification. Too much politics...
Licensure will enhance the occupation into a profession!

Somethinzfishy
08-05-2008, 18:58
Kmg365

kevin101
08-16-2008, 23:10
My goal was to be popping the tops off the preloaded drugs!

Being a diabetic, I alway think of Emergency when I pop the top off of a new bottle of insulin.

I also grew up watching the show and did the FF and EMT thing for about 10 years. I thank Emergency for my interest in it.

And as an added bonus, my middle name is Roy.

CDNGlock
08-19-2008, 15:19
You know as fictional as things may be on TV it is AMAZING just how much of an Impact they have on us and what we may become.
Though EMERGENCY was before my time(I was a CHiPs baby myself) I still saw the reruns. Fast forward 20 years Im a Medic now and making the change into Law Enforcement.

dewidmt
08-22-2008, 12:35
It was my inspiration to become an medic in the Air Force! I've got a photo around somewhere of our ER in Misawa, Japan, with 3 of us posing...I'm the guy popping the tops off the Bristojets! I even used the call tones as the opening on our computers in the ER in Mountain Home, Idaho, instead of the stupid windows tone. And just once, during an exercise in Kunsan, Korea, they let me pick the call signs for our mobile unit and the Hospital base.....you guessed it, Squad 51 and Rampart! LOL...This was back in like 2001...nobody knew what I was laughin about....