Flea market find... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flea market find...

Peace Frog
03-16-2008, 15:21
I found a 35mm Canon EOS RebelG with the standard 35-80mm lens and a Canon Ultrasonic80-200mm lens for $75,I offered him $50 but we agreed on $65...I don't know much about cameras and am wondereng if I did good or bad?Camera and both lens have zero scratches and in perfect working order.

mitchshrader
03-16-2008, 15:28
i got an 80mm lens around here i'd trade ya for a hunka bubble gum.

YOU might can get some use out of that stuff..

but i saw 12 megapixel cam for 179$ on sale (is on sale now, this weekend) ..

add 2 gigs ram on xD card, and it's maybe 230 OTD. Done deal. SLR is *d*e*d* ..

MrsKitty
03-16-2008, 15:50
It was well worth $65. Those are consumer-level lenses and will meet the average person's needs easily. I would have grabbed them at that price since my longest lens is 85mm. Lenses with USM are awesome. Those are also good lengths to work from to learn what lengths you will want need for your own use if you decide to buy better glass. If not, they are going to be OK as is.

I have never done this before, but I disagree with Mitch on SLRs being dead. No way. No how. Never. A 12MP point-and-shoot will never meet the abilities of a dSLR. Sure you can get great shots with a pns, but you cannot control DOF, exposure, focus, and tons of other things with them to the extent you can with a SLR.

(BTW, Mitch, I haven't forgotten you. I have a little chili up about 3/4" tall. I am gonna try shipping him as soon as I think he is tough enough to make it. I picked you fresh chilies that are now almost dried, lol. I'll get it out as soon as I think he will be OK in transit.)