Does the grip reduction on the 30SF disqualify it [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does the grip reduction on the 30SF disqualify it

tjm
03-18-2008, 10:47
Does the grip reduction on the 30SF disqualify it for sale in CA until a compete retest?

webster223
03-18-2008, 11:12
The lack of a mag disconnect disqualifies it from being added to the roster.

Quiet
03-18-2008, 17:31
Does the grip reduction on the 30SF disqualify it for sale in CA until a compete retest?

Unknown.

Some people say Glock will pressure CA DOJ to let it in the same way they got the Glock Model 21SF to get approved without a magazine disconnect.

CA DOJ approved the Glock Model 21SF, but only the one that had a similar apperance to the Model 21 (Glock rail, std mag release) not the ones that were visually different or had a frame modifications other than grip reduction (Pic rail, Ambi-mag release & Glock rail, Ambi-mag release).

This may be the reason why Glock only made one version of the Model 30SF (Glock rail, std mag release) and did not make a Pic rail and/or ambi-mag release version.

But, it's all speculation. Because, CA DOJ does not act logically. So, only time will tell.

tjm
03-18-2008, 18:03
If Gaston & Co. had simply called it "New and Improved" without additional product designation, there would be no question.

gary newport
03-20-2008, 15:58
The lack of a mag disconnect disqualifies it from being added to the roster.

The lack of a magazine disconnect also disqualified the G21SF from being added to the roster...until Glock was able to convince DOJ that the G21SF with STANDARD magazine release and STANDARD rail was just a G21 with different "grips" and since the G21 was ALREADY on the roster.... :whistling:

webster223
03-20-2008, 17:26
The lack of a magazine disconnect also disqualified the G21SF from being added to the roster...until Glock was able to convince DOJ that the G21SF with STANDARD magazine release and STANDARD rail was just a G21 with different "grips" and since the G21 was ALREADY on the roster....

Seriously? The 21SF-STD is listed on the roster under its own model designation, distinct from the original 21. If it was added after the mag disconnect became a requirement, on the grounds that it was merely a permissible variation of the 21, that's a good sign for the 30SF.

gary newport
03-20-2008, 17:33
Seriously? The 21SF-STD is listed on the roster under its own model designation, distinct from the original 21. If it was added after the mag disconnect became a requirement, on the grounds that it was merely a permissible variation of the 21, that's a good sign for the 30SF.

Yep, I'm serious. Neither of the ambi versions could claim to be "just" a G21 by DOJ criteria, and the G21SF-STD was added to the list AFTER January 1, 2008 when the mag disconnect law took effect. And, yes, the same "grandfather" treatment for the G30SF would be reasonable -- but I don't know how reasonable we can expect the CA DOJ to be! :crying:

2crow
03-23-2008, 20:47
A shop near me has one of the picatinny rail, ambi mag release G21SF's for sale. Said Ca DOJ gave the greenlight!

gary newport
03-24-2008, 16:50
A shop near me has one of the picatinny rail, ambi mag release G21SF's for sale. Said Ca DOJ gave the greenlight!

Yeah, sure they did! :whistling:

2crow
03-24-2008, 17:12
Really

gary newport
03-24-2008, 18:40
Really

Only one version of the G21SF ever made it onto the CA DOJ "approved" list, and that was the STD version with standard Glock rail,and standard magazine release. HOWEVER, there was a period of confusion just after the G21SF-STD was placed on the list during which dealers were ordering and selling the other two versions. That seems to have stopped.

I don't know whether your dealer ACTUALLY got approval to sell a non-CA DOJ-approved G21SF to a non-LE or not (LE can buy any version), but I'll bet he doesn't have that approval in writing! :cool: