John Estrada held for carrying ammo at airport [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : John Estrada held for carrying ammo at airport

Poodle
03-20-2008, 23:49
Huli na naman si John Estrada. Me dalang 9 mm ammo na pasakay sa eroplano. Di na natuto.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/85636/John-Estrada-held-for-illegal-ammo-possession

jojo_G19
03-21-2008, 00:46
tsk tsk tsk.

hindi mo alam kung talagang nananadya lang or talagang hindi lang nagiisip.

i always double check my baggage sasakay ako ng airplane for FA related items. mahirap na machambahan.

jojo

bertud ng putik
03-21-2008, 02:41
laos na kasi kaya nagpapapansin na lang.

jimbullet
03-21-2008, 02:50
It is ridiculous for one to really forget that you do have FA related items in your luggage.

kontra
03-21-2008, 04:38
baka feelig sikat, akala nya papalusutin sya

isuzu
03-21-2008, 19:02
A similar incident happened to a family I knew in Bacolod. They went to a convention in Australia. They had vests with pins, and naturally, the pins would trigger alarms. This was still pre-9-11.

While they were inside the hotel room in Australia unpacking their luggage, their dad's .22 lr derringer dropped from the his vest.

They had to disassemble the gun and throw it in the river near the hotel.

Nobody knows exactly why the derringer passed through the Bacolod and Manila airports.

9MX
03-21-2008, 19:07
diyan ako super praning, i really turn my luggages upside down and inside out before packing.

brawnless
03-21-2008, 20:26
Nobody knows exactly why the derringer passed through the Bacolod and Manila airports.

Must have been the one specifically designed to pass through airports. Ultra high tech, ultra rare. :supergrin:

Too bad Estrada's amulet did not have the same technological advancement.

BrassKnuckle
03-22-2008, 01:57
This is a common racket at the airport. Unscrupulous airport security personnel slip a live cartridge into unsuspecting passengers' baggage with the intent of extorting money from them.

Moral lesson: Keep all your bags zipped and locked at all times. During inspection, open them one at a time and watch the inspector closely.

Of course that's just one angle. Sometimes it's really the passenger's fault.

jojo_G19
03-22-2008, 06:29
A similar incident happened to a family I knew in Bacolod. They went to a convention in Australia. They had vests with pins, and naturally, the pins would trigger alarms. This was still pre-9-11.

While they were inside the hotel room in Australia unpacking their luggage, their dad's .22 lr derringer dropped from the his vest.

They had to disassemble the gun and throw it in the river near the hotel.

aaawwww, sayang ung derringer. hehehheehhe

gen1
03-22-2008, 06:57
This is a common racket at the airport. Unscrupulous airport security personnel slip a live cartridge into unsuspecting passengers' baggage with the intent of extorting money from them.

which airport kaya would have these unscrupulous airport police ?

I travel all over the country on a regular basis and that info would be useful for me.

BrassKnuckle
03-22-2008, 07:06
which airport kaya would have these unscrupulous airport police ?

From what I hear it happens mostly at NAIA, and most of the victims are pinoys.

But it's still best to be vigilant everytime you travel. You never know if the bad eggs at NAIA get reassignd to domestic airports.

gen1
03-22-2008, 07:12
tnx pare.

CX9
03-22-2008, 07:14
Bad Publicity is still PUBLICITY. Hirap ng laos.

isuzu
03-22-2008, 10:34
Moral lesson: Keep all your bags zipped and locked at all times. During inspection, open them one at a time and watch the inspector closely.

You can't lock your luggage when you are US-bound. TSA policy. :)

horge
03-22-2008, 13:50
http://i25.tinypic.com/29qlix4.jpg

-=-=-=-=-

...and back to what's relevant to the original topic,
if the ammo really was Estrada's, then he should thank
PNP-Aviation Security for catching him.

The Malaysians are quite harsh when it comes to
contraband or illegally-possessed firearms/ammo.

jimbullet
03-22-2008, 15:51
My 1911 passed through the Manila Domestic airport and I was in the boarding lounge already last year. Since it was rare that I travelled by plane and usually did by land, and the airport had some changes, I was just waiting for them to show me where to deposit the FA. I held my permit telling them I've got an FA to check in. These people just let me through until I approached an LEO that guided me all the way back to the front. He was very surprised I got that far. The FA was clearly in a gunguard locked.

So I wouldnt be surprised if Bacolod is the same.

nrmcolt
03-22-2008, 21:43
Hindi lang pala ammo...

John Estrada arrested at NAIA

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Movie actor John Anthony Estrada was caught by the Philippine National Police’s Aviation Security Group at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1 in possession of 15 bullets and a magazine for a .9mm Glock handgun Thursday as he was on his way to Malaysia.

Senior Superintendent Efren Labiang said the bullets and magazine were first detected during an X-ray scan. The police found the ammunition when they inspected Estrada’s backpack in his presence.

Labiang added that Estrada failed to present any pertinent documents allowing him to possess and transport the items. Police Officer 2 Edelito Sedrome put him under arrest.

The actor was charged with illegal possession of ammunition at the Pasay City prosecutor’s office.

Labiang said Estrada was arrested last year for cracking a joke about having a bomb in his luggage at the General Santos Airport. – Rudy Santos

Wp.22
03-23-2008, 07:11
Three years ago my father in law was on his way to CDO via super ferry when he was checking his luggage he found a piece of live .45 cartridge good thing he gave it to me before passing the security check. otherwise he would be in big trouble. I told him via text that it is a trick to extort money.

Going to back to Johh Estrada, I have this impression na "tanga" talaga yan guwapo lang.

zij11zk
03-23-2008, 07:55
hay naku... dumb ass talaga... 15rounds + magazine??? whatdaheck was he thinking... baka nga nagpapapansin lang yan sa media...

iba talaga pag tanga... madali mamatay... poor dumb ass actor...

akala ny porke artista sya... lusot na sya... ngayon... sikat sya... SIKATCHUPOY :)

cebupistol
03-23-2008, 08:06
it was actually good for him that his stupidity was caught here in the philippines imagine if it was in malaysia with its strict gun rules

hay naku... dumb ass talaga... 15rounds + magazine??? whatdaheck was he thinking... baka nga nagpapapansin lang yan sa media...

iba talaga pag tanga... madali mamatay... poor dumb ass actor...

akala ny porke artista sya... lusot na sya... ngayon... sikat sya... SIKATCHUPOY :)

Poodle
03-23-2008, 08:47
Naka-ngiti pa nga nung nahuli eh. Iba na talaga ang tanga.

chowchow
03-23-2008, 09:07
Nag papahilas kung sa Cebuano pa.

CatsMeow
03-23-2008, 20:41
The problem with cases such as these is that it's malum prohibitum, that is, no amount of good faith will get you off. Mere possession at the wrong place is already a crime no matter what your intentions may be. I came across one case of an American who inadvertently brought in his Colt .380; the decision of the RTC convicting him had to be affirmed but he was recommended for executive clemency. And miracles do happen, witness that incident some years ago involving an inadvertently packed .25 auto, na-acquit. Hope there are some understanding judges over there.

And the media again... if I'll find that reporter I'll smack him with a ruler... ".9mm" indeed...:steamed:

Clusterbomb
03-24-2008, 03:38
".9mm" indeed...:steamed:

Even the FED is guilty of this. There was a time when even FA licenses here said ".9mm". I even remember a gun owner writing to the editor of a broadsheet pointing out this error. Wa epek! How can you put trust in a police agency that cannot even distinguish the Metric system from the English system?

Blitzer
03-24-2008, 05:21
Even the FED is guilty of this. There was a time when even FA licenses here said ".9mm". I even remember a gun owner writing to the editor of a broadsheet pointing out this error. Wa epek! How can you put trust in a police agency that cannot even distinguish the Metric system from the English system?

Is literacy a requirement? :rofl:

horge
03-24-2008, 05:59
"Literacy Requirement"... Ouch! :)

I'd like to see an actual 0.9mm bullet though.
I'd especially like to see how they make a JHP 0.9mm!

:supergrin:

CatsMeow
03-24-2008, 20:26
I saw a Nashe advertisement in our local paper here that showed, among others, a Benelli M1 Super 90 ".12 gauge". See, even Nashe, who ought to know better...:upeyes:

At least the Europeans are consistent: .25ACP is 6.35mm; .32ACP is 7.65mm Browning; .380 ACP is 9mm Kurz; I forgot what they called the .45 ACP but it was an 11mm something; and .30-06 is 7.62 x 63.

edtf
03-25-2008, 06:52
The problem with cases such as these is that it's snip
And the media again... if I'll find that reporter I'll smack him with a ruler... ".9mm" indeed...:steamed:

wala yan the best that I saw was a Glock 40mm :wow: M203 ang dating hehehehe

Mang Danny
03-25-2008, 09:25
wala yan the best that I saw was a Glock 40mm :wow: M203 ang dating hehehehe
Old school ako, hindi ko alam ang M203. Ang kilala ko CGL4.:supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
03-25-2008, 11:37
Any updates? He just got away scot free again? PWE.

CX9
03-25-2008, 12:55
Ha ha ha Sir KS, he indeed got scot free again. Just publicity stunt indeed.

9MX
03-25-2008, 18:20
Can you just imagine if he gets jailtime? What do inmates do with good looking and mestizo inmates? LOL!

CatsMeow
03-25-2008, 20:32
He got charged... as to whether he will get convicted is another matter...:upeyes:

Duckman1975
03-25-2008, 22:06
Can you just imagine if he gets jailtime? What do inmates do with good looking and mestizo inmates? LOL!

Diba siya yung nag pa butt implant? Wonder what will happen to the implant if he gets jail time. :supergrin:

jawel
03-25-2008, 22:24
http://philstar.com/index.php?Metro&p=49&type=2&sec=26&aid=2008032524