Which Xbox 360 type to get? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which Xbox 360 type to get?

AC37
03-21-2008, 22:01
I'm in the market to get an XBOX 360 sometime in the near future, and I'm curious as to what kind I should get. Cost matters most, as long as it doesn't affect system performance. Looks don't really matter to me, either, and I don't think storage will matter too much, either, other than a few savegames. I'm looking to play Mass Effect, Halo 3, Mercenaries 2 (when it comes out), Lost Planet, and a few others. I won't be doing virtually any multiplayer - just not really my thing, I guess. Which Xbox 360 should I be looking at getting - will the core system do the trick? TIA.

Army of Juan
03-23-2008, 08:21
Are you sure about not playing multi-player? That is all I do now. You should really give it a try.

Either way, I can 100% recommend Call of Duty 4. It is my new favorite game. Halo 3 is ok, but is really the exact same thing as the others but just rehashed a little. Granted the others were good, but at least for me with this 3rd installament it seems that replayability went way down.

4TS&W
03-23-2008, 08:42
There's a listing in the want ads from here looking for a gun trade for an Xbox 360...

Tvov
03-24-2008, 17:08
Once you start multiplayer, you are lost!

I get bored quickly now doing singleplayer, with almost any game.

asu-g23
03-24-2008, 17:35
+1000000000 on COD4 multiplayer i have even touched Halo 3 since i got COD4 in december.
As for which system dont get the core just get the regular with the 20gigHD you wont regret it

Scottsdale Thug
03-26-2008, 17:49
I vote for the Elite. If you are anything like me you will end up using your Box as a multimedia center. After you put all of your favorite music on there, some photos for a custom background, download a couple of your favorite movies/T.V. shows, and with the launch of IPTV sometime in the near future your HDD will fill up pretty fast. Plus the black is SOOO sexy! Throw a chrome dipped faceplate on that baby and you are set.

If you are not into your media the Core will do just fine.... but... think about it.....

Also if you are thinking about the Arcade DON'T DO IT!! Sure it may be cheaper but you will eventually end up wanting a HDD and then you will pay out the yin yang for it (even used are 60/129) but that's my personal opinion so do what you will with it.

_Scottsdale

edit: I just remembered that you need the HDD for backwards compatibility so... yet one more reason I dislike the Arcade