CWL question... [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : CWL question...

03-21-2008, 22:53
I live in Florida and have a Concealed Weapons License there. I'm from Mass originally and go back up to Boston quite often. Does anybody know what I would have to do to get a CWL in Mass too for when I visit? Can you have 1 in 2 different states? Florida has a reciprocating agreement with about 24 states, but Mass isn't one of them. NH is, but that doesn't really help. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

03-22-2008, 16:45
From the NRA-ILA website-

You need to contact the FRB to apply. At $100/year, its not really worth it in my opinion, unless you come up here quite often. You can have as many permits as you qualify for (ex- some states do not issue non resident permits, or only for specific reasons such as employment, etc). Its a good plan to have as many as you can get, or as many as you feel you need.

03-22-2008, 17:43
To even possess a gun, ammo/components or OC in MA you will need a NR LTC (Felony if caught without the LTC). Not difficult to get, just expensive at $100/year.