Favorite Shops and Ranges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Shops and Ranges

ainokea
03-22-2008, 02:13
I figured this subforum is too empty.

Post your favorite shops, i'm sure everyone would like some info on some shops.

I live in Mountlake Terrace, WA.

Regular visited shops:
DJ's Loan and Sport (Bothel) - Great people lots of used guns, hunting rifles great deals.
Adventure Sports (Lynnwood) - Great people good choices

Ranges:
Sam's Gun Club (everett) - i go almost every other day, current member, fun place to shoot good people
Marksman (puyallup) - nephew is pierce county sheriff and go down there and shoot, friendly people, good prices on some guns

let's hear where your stomping grounds are.

nwsalmon
03-22-2008, 07:00
I figured this subforum is too empty.

Regular visited shops:
DJ's Loan and Sport (Bothel) - Great people lots of used guns, hunting rifles great deals.
Adventure Sports (Lynnwood) - Great people good choices

Ranges:
Sam's Gun Club (everett) - i go almost every other day, current member, fun place to shoot good people

let's hear where your stomping grounds are.

I live in the Mill Creek area and also can attest to the one's listed above.

I think Adventure is moving to a new location soon.

I've bought a couple of Glocks at Sam's. I also shoot at Sam's range about 3-4 times a month.

A friend from Lake Stevens told me about an outside range he goes to in the summer. I can't remember the name now...I'll find out from him and post it here.

I just bought a Dan Wesson Pointman....hopefully will have it by early next week.

I buy my powder/primers from Sportsman Warehouse in Burlington. A long drive for me but I try and buy in bulk when I drive up there. They have a good selection of firearms too. The staff seemed very knowledgeable.

Let's keep this thread going! I'll post some more later...time for breakfast.

:therapy:
My wife says I'm crazy about guns and need professional help...she's right.

ainokea
03-22-2008, 16:03
I also came accross this range, don't know anyone who shoots there though. Looks interesting.

http://www.interlakesporting.org/

whitecobrapilot
04-01-2008, 10:59
I've shot at Sam's once (only place i've shot since i moved from Texas) - there is another place closer to me called Kenmore Shooting Range - anyone ever been to it?

shotgunred
04-04-2008, 11:47
I buy my powder/primers from Sportsman Warehouse in Burlington. A long drive for me but I try and buy in bulk when I drive up there. They have a good selection of firearms too. The staff seemed very knowledgeable.

why wouLD YOU drive all the way up here just to go to an over priced store?
another 5 miles and you could have been at kesselrinks.
a real gun store with a lot better prices.

ainokea
04-04-2008, 14:56
Adventure Sports just moved to a new shop. They are good people there.
They are at 19905 Scriber Lake Road, in Lynnwood. It's by 196th and 99 behind the safeway.

Darkstar7
04-11-2008, 01:19
The new Adventure Sports shop is a little less obvious - you have to look closely for it. Haven't been in since they moved though. I live near Mill Creek and I typically go to Sam's indoor range to shoot. I've not been to the Kenmore outdoor range but they have limited access for the public. Memberships there are a bit spendy but if you do a lot of shooting it might be worth it. Wade's in Bellevue is a nice indoor range but they charge Cadillac prices and you typically have to share a lane - no singles. I've been to the Sportsman's Warehouse in Burlington - nice store, I didn't think the prices were way out of line for the stuff I looked at but that was a while ago. I have heard that Kesselring's is THE place in the Burlington area.

For gunsmithing, I use Larry Conley (Classic Precision) in the Clearview/Snohomish area - very friendly and does marvelous work.

Currently, I own a Ruger SR9 and a Dan Wesson 15-2VH6 .357 mag revolver.

ainokea
04-11-2008, 01:56
Does anyone shoot at Interlake Shooting Association (http://www.interlakesporting.org/)? Seems like a nice place to shoot, i've emailed them for more information, but i haven't got any reply yet.

doctor subie
04-19-2008, 06:49
First post, but thought I'd pitch in my $0.02..

Just became a member at the Renton Fish and Game club

http://www.rfgc.org/

Great price, and membership includes the spouse and 1 child! Everyone there is friendly, and the location is fairly close for folks in Bellevue/Factoria/Renton area...

PaulBk
04-19-2008, 11:44
Few more choices...

Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club (Outdoor) - University Place

Black Diamond Gun Club (Outdoor) - Black Diamond

Champion Arms (Indoor) - Kent

I have been a member of each and would recommend further investigation if interested. All have different programs.

-Paul

monkey1911
04-24-2008, 08:58
Few more choices...

Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club (Outdoor) - University Place

Black Diamond Gun Club (Outdoor) - Black Diamond

Champion Arms (Indoor) - Kent

I have been a member of each and would recommend further investigation if interested. All have different programs.

-Paul

I would recommend keeping away from Champion Arms, 50/50 chance that they destroyed my 1911. Need to find a competent gunsmith to take it to for a check up and to repair the botched sight install.

D-Bo
04-28-2008, 04:01
In Portland, OR my friends and I patronize Northwest Armory on McGloughlin Blvd imo one of the best shops in town. Great prices, friendly staff and decent stock.

We also shoot together at The Place To Shoot, a private indoor range on N Hayden next to Portland Meadows.

Palouse
05-01-2008, 16:03
I live in Pullman, and about all you can buy is really expensive ammo at the Grange Supply and the Ace Hardware store. The closest shop is over in Moscow, ID, and I can buy long guns there without having to transfer, but not handguns. There's an FFL in Colfax, but no shop, so the closest shops to me in-state are in Clarkston or Spokane. The nice thing about Pullman is that my wife's family farm is here, and I've got a nice 800 yard range at my disposal.