Where to shoot? non-range (wa) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot? non-range (wa)

ainokea
03-22-2008, 02:17
Where are the places in western washington to just pop up your own targets and just fire off some rounds?

I know inside city limits is a no go, but are there trails or quarries you can shootout without anyone bothering you?

Nexus_Mark_7
04-03-2008, 14:43
Where are the places in western washington to just pop up your own targets and just fire off some rounds?

I know inside city limits is a no go, but are there trails or quarries you can shootout without anyone bothering you?
ive heard that you can shoot off I-90 in the snoqualmie national forest near ollalie but i have no idea if its legal. id really like it if someone posted info on places to go, i usually go to wades in bellevue, but $17 for a lane seems exorbitant when i can get to the mountains on $10 of gas.

WSUXJer
04-04-2008, 06:53
There are some but people are hesitant to post them up for the general public on the internet. Many places have been closed because of irresponsible use/trash/etc.

ainokea
04-04-2008, 15:01
I totally understand, I've seen places that have casings, targets, beer bottles, left on the ground. It really irritates me when i see that. Maybe if there is a shootout for glocktalkers that can be organized.

There are some but people are hesitant to post them up for the general public on the internet. Many places have been closed because of irresponsible use/trash/etc.

Glockster_James
04-07-2008, 17:15

I agree...I know a few places I've been with shooting buddies we pick up our trash and brass and end up picking up what was left by others too. From what I hear, the sheriff dept. here is starting to try issuing litering fines for people leaving their brass in these areas now.

Seattle206
04-20-2008, 13:13
last spring & summer i use to go shooting up in northbend exit #42. i sometimes see other guys shooting there too. dont know if its legal or not but the guys that normally shoot there say its perfectly fine.

tacticaldawg
06-13-2008, 21:33
The Northbend exit area, did it have a "no firearm discharge" sign? I thought someone had posted a sign due to the littering that was talked about above.

I too would be interested in finding out where there are non-range to go for just some fun blasting.

Seattle206
06-17-2008, 00:38
well, if you take exit #42 the road will lead you to "tinkham road". at the stop you can either take a left or right. R will take you to the actual tinkham road where you will be driving on a road littered with potholes, there are also camp sites besides the road. tinkham road is a LONG road, i have never gone through it fully.

but...

if you take a L at the stop sign. go straight and you be led to a paved/gravel road that leads to a "closed" gate, note "", in the past that gate was locked so no car can go through the hill. but since last fall the gate lock was torn, thus any 4x4 can go there and ruin the shooting spot.

there are no signs or anything there that says no shooting. If you walk past the gate and up towards the hill it'll take you to nice spot to shoot. the back stop is logs piled up in front of the mountain. that place has shells and targets everywhere.

i use to just park my car besides the entrance and unload my stuff for the walk up. there have been times when i carried my ak47 down to my car and state patrol would just chill in his patrol car looking at me. didnt say anything.

does anybody here know where to find where which spots in WA is actual legal to shoot. i think its unfair so honest people, who pick up shells & garbage to have their weapons taken or fined for shooting in the woods. there should be a site or hotline for citizens to call and ask.

WSUXJer
06-24-2008, 10:58
Actually, if you go right at the stop sign and head up Tinkham you'll find another pit a few miles up. Big gravel pit with a good backstop. However, since it is accessable by any vehicle it tends to have a lot of trash and scary shooters at times. :shocked:

Jhangles
07-02-2008, 16:46
I too have been looking for a good place to shoot.

I've gone to the Renton Fish and Game Club, but I really don't like their really strict rules. Like only being allowed to have 1 round loaded in my WASR at a time. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an AK.

Any other ranges out there that are open to the public, and don't have funky rules like that?

-Beau

Seattle206
07-02-2008, 18:01
i use to go to tacoma sportsmans club is puyallup. they only allow 10rds per mag and no rapid shooting. i believe its a 1000-yrds back.

Lothar Allen
07-07-2008, 17:08
hey. im from spokane, but i go to school up in bellingham. i have always shot on my buddy's property in cheney. but im not living in the dorms next year so im bringing my gun stuff over. i found a range in bellingham http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/parks/range/riflerange.jsp and was wondering if anyone had been there. are there any other places to shoot within a reasonable distance?

ainokea
07-08-2008, 03:25
You should also check out Custer. They have lots of matches including IPSC matches on sundays and even tactical rifle matches.

http://www.custersportsmensclub.com/

duncan
07-12-2008, 21:58
Any developments on where to shoot around the Eastside?

North Bend is not too far but I thought King County was lamost no shooting outdoors other than at ranges?

http://www5.metrokc.gov/sdc/Metadata.aspx?Layer=nsa

I hate shooting at the Bullseye Range as its $13 a lane and it's dark in there and you're limited to 17 yards.

I want to shoot my AR-15 with a full 30 round clip and pop off several rounds eash time. Even these outdoor ranges frown on that:steamed:

Places that are legal?

PaulBk
07-13-2008, 11:54
I have lived in east King Co. for a little over 12 years now and I can't name anyplace where you can shoot that is both public and close by :crying:

As an alternative, you might consider the Black Diamond Gun Club. If you sign up for 4 hrs a month of RSO duties, you get the benefit of "RSO Thursdays". The pistol and rifle ranges are only open to RSOs and almost all of the more arbitrary rules are relaxed.

The IDPA guys also have a host of fun targets (steel plates, poppers, swingers, etc.) and run informal sessions on Thursday evenings and formal IDPA sessions on most Mondays.

Not quite as good as having your own private range, but as close as I know of around here.

Good Luck.

-Paul