BAD NEWS: Tita Cory diagnosed with colon cancer :-( [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BAD NEWS: Tita Cory diagnosed with colon cancer :-(

horge
03-24-2008, 04:23
If you can manage a prayer for her, I'm sure it would help.

Whatever her recent or not so recent political missteps, she'll always be
central to the story of how we won back our freedom in 1986; and unlike
others, she didn't exploit or seek to create Constitutional loopholes
to allow herself a second Presidential term.

Corazon Aquino diagnosed with cancer
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/24/corazon.aquino.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
http://i26.tinypic.com/sdjqfp.jpg

h.

edtf
03-24-2008, 05:22
hearing about people being afflicted with cancer is truly sad (Unless super sama ng tao.) Prayer will go out for her tonight

bulm540
03-24-2008, 05:31
SAd , I'll include her in my prayers.

dnotrex
03-24-2008, 05:55
colon cancer is quick and painful.

my prayers for mrs. cory aquino.

batangueno
03-24-2008, 07:06
I'll pray for her.

Poodle
03-24-2008, 07:34
I'll pray for her. Sad.

chowchow
03-24-2008, 13:58
How old is she now?

Poodle
03-24-2008, 16:45
How old is she now?

She's 75.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20080325-126217/Nation-prays-for-Cory-Aquino

jerrytrini
03-24-2008, 18:02
She will be in my evening prayer.

isuzu
03-24-2008, 20:12
Although I don't like some of her decisions (releasing the rebels en masse without reviewing their cases); and what she did to Negros Occidental (declaring the sugar industry a dying industry while visiting Bacolod; and declaring it dead a few hours later when she was in Iloilo), I would still pray for her.

She's just human after all.

The most valuable thing I learned from her is humility.

riddler
03-24-2008, 20:50
If it was found during a routine colonoscopy, it can be resected. If it was found out because she showed signs/symptoms, then 9 times out of 10, it is too late!!!!

atmarcella
03-24-2008, 21:38
colon cancer is quick and painful.

not all the time. my mother was diagnosed 1989. she passed away 1993. she was 49 then. she went through numerous operations, chemo, cobalt, pilgrimage to lourdes and fatima. she weighed only 50lbs. more or less when she died. colon cancer is not quick. lung cancer is quicker. but i heard it takes longer when the patient is older.

dinggaling
03-24-2008, 21:44
my prayers for madam cory!!! :shocked:

dnotrex
03-24-2008, 22:00
well, depends on the cancer cells she have...... i hope madam cory will stay with us for a while. i symphatize with the Aquino family, its painful to see your love one suffer. i knew how it feels too, my pop died 2002 from lung CA, he was smoking since he was 12 yrs old, 2 packs a day malboro red...he was 55.

zij11zk
03-25-2008, 09:03
will pray for her too... promise talaga... will include her in my daily evening prayers...

New_comer
03-25-2008, 18:42
Things I can remember during her stint as the President of the country:
- the beginning of 8-10 hour blackouts
- Mayors and governors being ousted by Pimentel left and right, only to be re-elected back to their posts
- the vice president carrying a golden gun thru NAIA
- high hopes for the PCGG to recover Marcos loot (nothing happened, almost all cases dropped or were overturned)
- Coup-coup-ruop-coup-coup.... parang tilaok ng manok
- Baguio quake (di nya ito kasalanan, pero kung si GMA...) and the Pinatubo explosion
- balimbing mentality pervaded the political landscape
- crafting of Family code, the 1987 constitution
- Nobel peace prize nominee nga pala sya
- expulsion of the US military
and many other important events I couldn't remember anymore...

She has led us through interesting times, and with the Lord's blessing may continue to lead us still, albeit in a moral capacity, through current turmoils. I pray she fares well in this, her latest challenge.

atmarcella
03-26-2008, 20:57
she underwent chemo first before surgery. that means kalat na.

Wp.22
03-26-2008, 21:39
my dad died of cancer two months after being diagnosed he was 75 years old then. Fast at the same time when caring for the sick it feels parang the longest day.

Wp.22
03-26-2008, 21:41
Things I can remember during her stint as the President of the country:
- the beginning of 8-10 hour blackouts
- Mayors and governors being ousted by Pimentel left and right, only to be re-elected back to their posts
- the vice president carrying a golden gun thru NAIA
- high hopes for the PCGG to recover Marcos loot (nothing happened, almost all cases dropped or were overturned)
- Coup-coup-ruop-coup-coup.... parang tilaok ng manok
- Baguio quake (di nya ito kasalanan, pero kung si GMA...) and the Pinatubo explosion
- balimbing mentality pervaded the political landscape
- crafting of Family code, the 1987 constitution
- Nobel peace prize nominee nga pala sya
- expulsion of the US military
and many other important events I couldn't remember anymore...

She has led us through interesting times, and with the Lord's blessing may continue to lead us still, albeit in a moral capacity, through current turmoils. I pray she fares well in this, her latest challenge.

Don't forget the mendiola massacre

gen1
03-27-2008, 22:20
she was the most beloved of the post marcos presidents, specially by the generation who helped topple the dictatorship.

she will be dearly missed.

Iyon na lang sanang isa na makapal ang mukha ang dapat kinukuha ni kalawit.

riddler
03-28-2008, 19:53
she underwent chemo first before surgery. that means kalat na.

Not necessarily! Sometimes doctors want to shrink it with chemo before they resect it.

New_comer
03-29-2008, 05:07
We've had 2 family members succumb to breast and lung ca's... A good friend of mine just went two days ago, pancreatic this time, and so quick at that.

One thing we do understand, if the ca doesn't kill the patient, the chemo will...

I guess with the recent fortune of some celebrities against the disease, there is increasing hope of better survival, maybe having some money to extend your luck has something to do with it... but the ca always does a good job.

There was no mention on the stage of criticality of Cory's CA when it was discovered. Let's hope it's early enough for the doctors to do something good still.

Frontsight68
04-03-2008, 21:49
She might be getting better.

The family said that she responded well to chemo therapy.

At least there's some good news, if you can call it that

atmarcella
04-04-2008, 11:25
mahirap dyan pag me metastasis sa femoral arteries like in my mom's case. the doctors cant take it out cos she'll die sa operating table if they do. otoh kung mag spread upwards papunta liver patay din. so wala talaga pag late stage na its a losing battle.

atmarcella
07-19-2009, 23:25
i am sad for tita cory, my suspicions were sadly confirmed. kalat na cguro when discovered. i hope they can manage the pain well, from what i saw from my mother colon cancer is really really painful.

link (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/07/19/09/daughter-admits-cory-aquino-pain)