Question about reasons for denial... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about reasons for denial...

ditch_digger
03-24-2008, 19:17
I was wondering if this might be a legitimate reason to be denied admission to a Lodge. I was filling out my petition and got to the question about criminal record. 16 years ago I was drunk at a concert, 1 week after my 21st birthday, bought a 19 year old kid a beer I didn't even know. Long line and I was near the front so he asked if I would get one for him. Being drunk and not paying attention I went ahead and did it. Right after I handed it to him I was arrested by an officer. I paid my court costs, served the community service and completed probation without any problems. No jail time served. Official charge was furnishing to a minor. I have stayed out of trouble for the last 16 years and not even had a warning for speeding. Would this be a factor that might cause the Lodge to deny membership to me?

Just wanted to run it past some members to see if that would be a reason you would "blackball" someone.

Thanks in advance...

ditch_digger

Bilbo Baggins
03-24-2008, 19:57
I cannot see that as a reason to blackball anyone, One small error does not constitude a bad person.

jrr6602
03-25-2008, 04:06
Be honest and upfront about it if comes up during your investigation.

ditch_digger
03-25-2008, 15:15
Thanks guys. That makes me feel much better.I'll be turning in petition this week so I'll let you know how it goes.

ditch_digger