For Glock shooters... what sights are you guys using? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For Glock shooters... what sights are you guys using?

bimmerboy
03-26-2008, 17:36
I've realized that the stock Glock plastic front sight is too fat for our targets. I'm looking at the Sevigny sights or the Warren Tactical but much prefer something with tritium inserts.

The Sevigny sights and the Warren Tactical sights measure .115" up front and .150" notch in the rear.

If I go with tritium... I'd use Ameriglo Pro series sights with a .125" front and .180" rear notch.

My basic question is... what are the Glock shooters using? Do you think a .125" front sight is still too wide for our weekly meets?

FYI... the stock Glock night sights measure .140" front and .150" notch rear. It also seems that the stock plastic sights are the same.

domzilla9
03-26-2008, 18:12
In my opinion, any of the above sights, including stock, are more than adequate in every way for the weekly indoor matches that we shoot at BIR. Changing sights won't improve your scores.

TreehugginGlock
03-26-2008, 18:14
Most of the other folks will get far more technical that I will, but I use Warren Tactical sights. The front one is a night sight and the back is straight black. Was a strong recommendation from a number of my Expert and Master classed IDPA shooter buddies including Scott Warren. I'm very happy with them and they work very well in all situations for me, even in low light or no light conditions.

spork
03-26-2008, 18:34
I am about to get a new G34, so this subject is of interest to me as well. I thought I would just work with the factory sites for a while, and see what other folks are using at the range.

bimmerboy
03-26-2008, 19:10
In my opinion, any of the above sights, including stock, are more than adequate in every way for the weekly indoor matches that we shoot at BIR. Changing sights won't improve your scores.

Ouch, that hurts. Maybe I'm still in denial!

bimmerboy
03-26-2008, 19:12
Most of the other folks will get far more technical that I will, but I use Warren Tactical sights. The front one is a night sight and the back is straight black. Was a strong recommendation from a number of my Expert and Master classed IDPA shooter buddies including Scott Warren. I'm very happy with them and they work very well in all situations for me, even in low light or no light conditions.

Do you know how wide the Warrent Tact tritium front sight is? I don't think it's as thin as the plain black or fiber optic ones. Those are .115".

45gunner
03-26-2008, 20:15
The stock sights are very flimsy. I knocked mine off during the first match so I would recommend replacing them.

I use Ameriglo target sites because I use my Glock in competition. But for carry I would use some low profile sights.

Any of the ones mentioned would be good.

SDGlock23
03-26-2008, 21:21
All my Glocks sport Ameriglo Operators, Yellow/Green.

45gunner
03-26-2008, 21:23
All my Glocks sport Ameriglo Operators, Yellow/Green.

GLW uses Ameriglo Sights as well.

Brock Morgan
03-27-2008, 01:50
GLW uses Ameriglo Sights as well.

All of mine sport green front and yellow rears....either Trijicon or Ameriglo.

Don't make me shoot any better but sure do look purty! :supergrin:

spork
03-27-2008, 02:51
Well, there seem to be several votes for Ameriglo. I might do some research on that brand.

Berretta9
03-27-2008, 07:20
I have a couple of guns with Tru Glo sights on them. I like them o.k. I have one with a Dawson precision front that I like a little better.

TreehugginGlock
03-27-2008, 08:29
Do you know how wide the Warrent Tact tritium front sight is? I don't think it's as thin as the plain black or fiber optic ones. Those are .115".Tried to find out the specifics for you on their site, but couldn't find the specs. Anyway, most of the top folks, Sevigney, Julie Goloski and Donnie Burton use them, so what's good enough for them, is sure good enough from me. I'm very pleased. Absolutely beats the stock stuff.

kirgi08
03-27-2008, 09:16
Tru-Dots on every single one.Tritium for nite Hi-Viz for daylight.'08.

bimmerboy
03-27-2008, 14:53
Tried to find out the specifics for you on their site, but couldn't find the specs. Anyway, most of the top folks, Sevigney, Julie Goloski and Donnie Burton use them, so what's good enough for them, is sure good enough from me. I'm very pleased. Absolutely beats the stock stuff.

FYI... the plain or fiber front sight is .115" wide. The tritium front is .125" wide. The Warren Tact rear has a .156" notch.

I'm torn between between the Warren Tact tritium and Ameriglo Pro series Operators. They are .125/.180.

Houngan
04-16-2008, 08:04
Heinie rear, Dawson FO front. I use a .125, and would like it to be thinner, so the next time I buy a set, I'll get Dawson's .9, which is about as small as you'll find.

H.

doubleB
04-16-2008, 08:26
My 21 has Hi viz eyes, 2 orange rear and Green in front.

detroit9mm
04-16-2008, 08:33
I've got an Ameriglo night-sight up front and the stock in the rear. I have the stock width .140 up-front. I use my gun for defense shooting and not matches though.

lethal tupperwa
04-16-2008, 08:39
http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/store_pages/index.htm

bimmerboy
04-16-2008, 15:24
I ended up with a set of Heinie's in all black with the race cut rear. .156" rear notch with a .125" front blade. If I ever decide to go with a fiber optic front, it would be easy enough to change to a Dawson.

Now I just need to take a ride to see Claude to have them put on. Anyone ever use CW Shooters Supply for sight installation?

costanza187
04-16-2008, 18:12
I use whatever came new on the gun... the cheap fixed sites

GLW
04-16-2008, 21:25
Don't forget that if you go with Ameriglo and use "Grady" in the promo code box you will get a 28% discount at checkout.

I've tried them all and all are quite good but none are better than Ameriglo and you can't beat the price. Installation is simple and I would be happy to help if you need it. I have the installation tools necessary. Give them a try and you wont be sorry.

45gunner
04-17-2008, 05:55
Don't forget that if you go with Ameriglo and use "Grady" in the promo code box you will get a 28% discount at checkout.

I've tried them all and all are quite good but none are better than Ameriglo and you can't beat the price. Installation is simple and I would be happy to help if you need it. I have the installation tools necessary. Give them a try and you wont be sorry.

+1 cool:

bimmerboy
04-17-2008, 14:46

PM sent.

45gunner
04-17-2008, 18:49

I have the Ameriglo targets sights on my G35. Absolutely love them.
GLW is a great guy to work with.