Married pay? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Married pay?

brahmabull8413
03-27-2008, 22:42
I considering enlisting. Will I recieve any extra pay on top of my base pay for being married? Also, when would I be able to move my wife and belonging's? What kind of housing would we get, an apartment or actual townhouse style home? Thank's in advance.

Hal9mm
03-31-2008, 10:58
I considering enlisting. Will I recieve any extra pay on top of my base pay for being married? Also, when would I be able to move my wife and belonging's? What kind of housing would we get, an apartment or actual townhouse style home? Thank's in advance.

well if your married you dont have to live in the barracks which is why you see so many 18 year old kids who get married to some girl they meet down on
victory drive:upeyes:

AF-Odin
03-31-2008, 18:22
If you are married, (IIRC) you will be entitled to Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) at the With Dependents rate based on your rank. I am not sure if this is payable in Basic, but should start soon afterwards if not paid then. In most cases, if you are married, you will automatically be paid Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS) after basic rather than be issued a Meal Card to eat for free in the Dining Facility (DFAC). The BAH is SUPPOSED to pay for renting a place off-post for you and your family. Trust me, most landlords around military posts know exactly how much you make (to the penny) and your rent will max out your BAH and then you will have to worry about utilities, fisrt and last month rent, and damage deposits. The BAS is supposed to be what it would cost for YOU to eat in the DFAC. For housing on post, it DEPENDS on the post. Most posts have many more people who want housing that there is housing available and there is a lengthy waiting list--some as long as two years for junior enlisted with no kids. You should be able to have your belongings and your wife moved at government expense to your first permanent duty station (following Basic and AIT).

The best person for you to get the pay information and information on entitlements would be a local recruiter. They should be able to show you pay charts.

brahmabull8413
03-31-2008, 22:45
Ahh Victory Drive, that nice little stretch in Columbus, i've been their.

mr .45
04-01-2008, 06:00
i had a friend go AWOL just to have fun on Victory Drive during OSUT.