Ranges around Charlotte area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ranges around Charlotte area

Scanner85
03-30-2008, 22:29
I'm looking for a good place to shoot in the Charlotte area. The only place I know of is Firepower off Industrial near Monroe Rd and Hwy 51, but their range kind of sucks. The wire the target hangs on is too loose and dips down in the middle so I feel like I'm shooting at the ground. I used to go to Handgunners in Burlington when I lived in Chapel Hill and their range was much nicer.
I saw the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club, but I'm not looking to join a club.
Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

RoyRNC
03-31-2008, 16:37
The only other options here around the Charlotte area are Shooters Express in Belmont, NC (between the Charlotte Airport and Gastonia). They have a better range but they are crowded and expect long lines on weekends. Firepower has another range down Independace Boulevard close to Monroe, NC. This range is much nicer and bigger and tends to be less crowded.

These are the only three I know about other than Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club. The CRPC is a nice range, but unless you know a member you are not getting in.

Zulu Alpha
03-31-2008, 16:57
Supposed to be one opening in Lincolnton soon... No further details as of yet though:upeyes:

cheaptrick
04-13-2008, 02:34
Supposed to be one opening in Lincolnton soon... No further details as of yet though:upeyes:

Oh really?!?!?!
Indoor or outdoor range?

Zulu Alpha
04-13-2008, 10:59
Indoor... supposed to be near the Lincoln House in a bowling alley... dunno when it is gonna open or even the status...