Ku****ani X Jeans [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ku****ani X Jeans

stockshift
03-31-2008, 15:35
Link (http://www.ku****ani.com/ku****ani-web/productslexjeans.htm)

Anybody seen these in person? I think this might be a good alternative for people who don't want to wear a racing suit or conventional leather pants.

They appear to be made from some sort of leather but they look mostly like regular jeans. The leather is allegedly washable too.

$400 is a bit steep but IMO quality safety gear is worth the cash most of the time.

Edit: ok, the language filter is killing the link. I think we all recognize the manufacturer name. The website is:

http://www.[manufacturer name].com/[manufacturer name]-web/productslexjeans.htm

tehan2
03-31-2008, 15:58
can you give me a hint on what's being filtered. I'd like to see the pants, but don't know what the name is

stockshift
03-31-2008, 20:50
Sorry -- the manufacturer name is Ku - [insert name for feces] -ani.

fnfalman
04-01-2008, 15:07
These are leather pants that are cut like jeans.

GixxerSixxer
04-01-2008, 18:18
The brand is Ku$hitanti.

Since it's not a curse word getting around the filter this way shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a PM to find out.

I've never used the brand but I hear they make good stuff.

stockshift
04-02-2008, 07:47
These are leather pants that are cut like jeans.

Well, they may seem like leather pants but I doubt they are "regular" leather.

For one, the website says you can machine wash them and hang dry. I don't know of any (real) leather that you can throw in the washing machine! So I'm thinking these must be some type of synthetic leather ....

I currently have three pair of Draggin' Jeans. Nobody in their right mind believes denim is proper protection for abrasion on the street. The Kevlar in the Draggin' Jeans helps, but still is nowhere as good as leather.

I'm still wondering if these "jeans" (which have the advantage of making you NOT look like the guy from the Village People) are a marked improvement over conventional jeans but comparable in protection to true leather pants. The website says they offer perforated versions which is a boon to us when it gets really hot.

My local dealer does not stock these; hopefully someone who has personal experience will chime in. If not, I think I will ask my dealer to see if he can bring in a pair or two for me to try on.

fnfalman
04-02-2008, 07:51
There was a specialty outfit that made washable leathers several years back. A custom maker in SoCal (Z Custom) offered it, but nobody bothered to buy the product so they dropped the line.

Currently Gore-Tex and another European outfit jointly helped developed waterproof leathers that will be featured by Ku****ani, RS Taichi, Dainese, AlpineStar lineups.