Goodbye Ramielle Malubay [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ramielle Malubay

Wp.22
04-03-2008, 00:36
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-eliminates-ramiele-malubay-reveals-top-8-finalists-6856.php

The 20-year-old from Miramar, FL was ousted from Idol's seventh season based on home viewer votes cast immediately following Tuesday night's live performance episode broadcast that saw the Top 9 finalists perform Dolly Parton songs.

"I want to try to be the first Asian American Idol. I'm going to fight to get to where I want to be," said Malubay during a video package of her Idol journey. "This show has changed my life drastically... I never get chances like this -- not a lot of people get chances like this."

Malubay sang "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" on Tuesday night, and while judge Randy Jackson said he "wasn't jumping up and down," he added he "wasn't mad" either.

"It was kind of alright. You showed some signs of strength right there -- conviction," he said. "I thought it was a pretty good performance. I'm going to say a six-and-a-half out of 10."

Fellow judge Paula Abdul called it "a great minute-and-30-seconds" -- andnot surprisingly Simon Cowell didn't completely agree.

"Look, we're not going to remember this in 10-years time are we," he said. "It was cute. You sang it quite well. Overall, I thought it was forgettable and I think it was very reminiscent of something you would see and hear on a cruise ship if you want my honest opinion."

Prior to Malubay's elimination, Kristy Lee Cook, a 24-year-old from Selma, OR, and Brooke White, a 24-year-old from Mesa, AZ who currently resides in Van Nuys, CA, were revealed to be the other members of this week's bottom three vote-getters.

"I think this is absolutely right," commented Cowell when host Ryan Seacrest asked if home viewers got it right.

Minutes before Seacrest revealed the results, he asked Jackson which of bottom three he thought would be booted.

"Ramiele." he answered. "Yeah, unfortunately."

"It's not going to be Brooke," added Cowell.

Both judges were right as Malubay was eliminated.

Wp.22
04-03-2008, 00:37
My bet is David Cook to be the next american idol

chowchow
04-03-2008, 07:25
There will be another Malubay sometime.

BuckyP
04-03-2008, 07:34
:rant: Gee thanks for the spoilers, right in the title. :steamed:

Guess I don't need that DVD recording now :upeyes: