advice for sick cat [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : advice for sick cat

wallyglock
04-03-2008, 10:46
got one who lays around and is not eating much.
he has eaten some wet food...small amount, and ate a few bites of a burger last evening.

he has been draggy for about 4-5 days. i had noticed he had vomited some stuff that was mostly liquid and kind of green brinie looking a couple of times before this started.
does he have a cold ?
i will take him to the vet if he doesent get better. just went thu a divorce and i am pretty much money drained but i dont want him to suffer

he is a bout 12 and doesent seem to be in pain. he has no energy.

thanks wally

BrianNH
04-03-2008, 14:18
I would take him to the vet NOW........

Platz
04-03-2008, 15:39
Needs to see a vet - ASAP.

obxemt
04-03-2008, 19:44
Ditto. Let us know how he does.

dkbrucedvm
04-03-2008, 20:42
:faint: Umm, yeah. If your child was dragging for 4-5 days, vomiting bile, and not eating well, would you wait a few more days before taking him/her to the doctor? He could be in renal failure, have a blocked urinary tract, have a string or hairball lodged in his intestines...the list of serious problems that could be behind this is pretty long. Sounds like he should go sooner rather than later.

Let us know how he does.

wallyglock
04-04-2008, 05:22
he should go to the vet.
have an appt. this monday for him.

understand i love my pets as much as anyone could and have always taken care of him and all the rest.
i was looking for any advice to help him out if someone knew anymore than i did about animals.

note too..... i am down to spending the very last of any available $ i have so to say money is tight would be an understatement.
if a trip around the world costs one quater, i coulnt get out of sight...!

i have the whole household to run by myself , a demanding job to go to every day and all the animal care with just me to do it. lost a cat just last wek-end and still have 4 cats , all sweet as could be, and one 110 lb. wonderful dog to care for

i DO have too feed myself and pay all the bills and have been hit HARD with legal expenses. so i am doing all i can.

i will forge on and do the best for my animals as i possibly can.
your prayers and good advice IS appreciated...!

wally:cool:

Platz
04-04-2008, 06:31
If it comes down to doing nothing for financial obligations, vs allowing the cat to suffer, I would humanely euthanize him. It will still cost some $$, but not as much as the various tests the vet is going to want (need) to run to determine what's going on. Animals do not look at the future like we do. They aren't looking ahead thinking, "Gee, if my owner had more money to treat this, I could've had another 4 years..." He will have had 12 wonderful years that you've given him, and if the end is peaceful that's all that really matters.

cllrtr
04-05-2008, 07:53
Hey there Wally. Have you checked with any of the cat rescue groups in your area as to maybe giving you a hand with the vet bill? Some groups have a special vet they use and may get you in quicker and with a slightly better rate than other vets. Explain your situation.

Sorry about the cat you recently lost and hope this one is better by now.
You and all your critters have a good weekend. Better times ahead.

uz2bUSMC
04-05-2008, 12:37
got one who lays around and is not eating much.
he has eaten some wet food...small amount, and ate a few bites of a burger last evening.

he has been draggy for about 4-5 days. i had noticed he had vomited some stuff that was mostly liquid and kind of green brinie looking a couple of times before this started.
does he have a cold ?
i will take him to the vet if he doesent get better. just went thu a divorce and i am pretty much money drained but i dont want him to suffer

he is a bout 12 and doesent seem to be in pain. he has no energy.

thanks wally

Goodluck with your cat, hope all turns out well. Also... stop feeding them people food...

MrsKitty
04-10-2008, 21:25
How is kitty now?

wallyglock
04-21-2008, 05:27
he is doing pretty good now.
more energy, going outside some and eating good.

vet gave him some medication that I had to give him for some sores in his mouth, probably do to teeth. i checked his mouth a few days ago and it seems healed good.

my former beloved wife did all this kind of the animal care at our house but i have been divoreced for nearly one month so all is left up to me.
i am making do any getting by ok but DO miss her dearly...!!

life is strange and seems to get stranger at times.
i am giving all the cats (4) and our large 110 lb. akita dog all the care i have time for.
they are all well cared for and loved BUT they do miss her badly.

thanks to all who are concerned !

wally:crying:

obxemt
04-21-2008, 06:44
Hang in there, brother. I know what that feels like. :crying:

cllrtr
04-21-2008, 07:34
I know this is of no comfort right at this minute, but it WILL get better.
Not maybe, but positively. Talk to your friends. They won't mind listening.
Glad your critters are doing well.

obxemt
04-21-2008, 07:41
I know this is of no comfort right at this minute, but it WILL get better.

That's so true...

The only thing that helped me was people being there for me and saying, "I understand." Anything else made me wants to punch them. Including "It will get better." But it is true. As you said, they just aren't comfortable words at the time! :embarassed:

wallyglock
04-21-2008, 18:42
for caring about my pets and me also.

i know this section is about pets, but if any of you would like to hear some of my divorce story......well sometimes i need someone to talk to.

i can go into an other forum or i can tell you in a personel mail ? or ?

pets are ALL loved and cared for to the best of my ability. i couldnt have done without them as much as my wife has done. she has been to visit them some but she is a changed person in some ways and i am sure some of you like obxemt and cllrtr know what i mean.

give me some imput and i will be back on line in 2-3 days.

best regards wally:cool:

obxemt
04-21-2008, 18:55
I posted about my experience in 2002 in the GNG section. Some jackasses posted, but for the most part, I received a lot of help and support.

As long as you can overlook the idiocy of the few, it might be helpful for you to post about it. People tend to forget that sometimes people just need someone to be with them, whether in person or online. That means that they don't have to give advice, and advice might not be desired.

If you need an ear, feel free to PM me, but you might get more support than just from me if you post it elsewhere.

You'll be in my prayers, brother. Hang in there.

MrsKitty
04-21-2008, 20:12
Wally, feel free to talk in here about your divorce or anything else. Yeah, there are other forums that are technically better suited but this is where you post the most. It's your "home" on GT. Plus, this little corner is very homey and warm; rarely judgmental. Talk all you need. If you need to vent privately, PM me or obxemt and I am sure others will give you all the time you need, too.

Keep hanging in there. :hugs:

obxemt
04-21-2008, 20:15
rarely judgmental

Obviously I've not been doing my job. :rofl:

Just kidding. :embarassed:

cllrtr
04-21-2008, 20:34
Hey there Mr. Wallyglock, hope you're feeling better.
You are quite welcome to PM me also along with the other fine folks that offered. Sounds as though quite a few here can relate.

wallyglock
04-22-2008, 04:32
here is a little info......for now.

was married for 32 years. i got intangled with an other woman. wife found out and things went downhill first part of last november.
she filed right away and we lived together for about 2 months, got along very good but slept in seperate beds.
ate together and she took me out of town , even when she had moved, for hand surgery appts. several times.

i just COULDNT talk her out of the divorce !! she got the better car and a chunk of my retirement. i got the older vehicle, the house and my guns.
plus a large student loan to pay an all the responsibilities of the house upkeep and animal care/expenses.

am seeing the other lady i was with, but i still love my wife of 32 years as much as ever !!! she got hurt so badly she couldnt mend. our kids both live out of state and have not spoke to me at all. i love them SO MUCH and always tried to be a good father to them.
this hurts me so badly.

house is SOoooo empty and i am depressed a lot. am working daily and the animals help me get by a lot. i pray daily and will keep trying to have my x involved with me in some small ways, as long as she will except that.

will give more info later and now it is time to go to work.

thanks again for caring .......that is a help to know friends are standing near .

god bless wally:wavey:

obxemt
04-23-2008, 11:58
Just so you know, Wally, I'm practicing what I preach and listening but not offering advice. :)

uz2bUSMC
04-23-2008, 11:59
I rarely post on things of this nature, but here goes...

she got hurt so badly she couldnt mend.

She MIGHT be able to forgive, but it might only be after some time apart AND after you do a few things...

am seeing the other lady i was with

The first one is this. I understand right now this lady will help fill a void, but it won't come close to filling that void completely... it will only pacify. If you entertain the notion of ever getting what's most important to you back (wife of 32yrs and children) you'll have to get rid of what broke it all apart, completely.

but i still love my wife of 32 years as much as ever

Next - This is something you will have reinforce to her, without pressuring. Give her space, let her know you understand it was your fault and you made a HUGE mistake and would never do it again because now you know and appreciate what it has cost you... and in no shape or form was it worth it. But, here again... don't pressure her, let her have the space. She has lost a great deal aswell, maybe she'll want her life back but it will take sometime.

The other thing you will have to consider, if things were to work out in your favor down the road, you'll have to except that things will never totally be the same.

RLB
04-23-2008, 16:23
Wally,
Hang in there. Things will get better. I have been where you are. Your pets will help. They know you are suffering and will do what they can to help you get better.
PM me if you need to talk.
Rick

MrsKitty
04-23-2008, 18:16
I can't offer advice (never been married) but I can listen. :hugs:

cllrtr
04-23-2008, 20:54
I think uz2 hit it right on the nose.
Hope you are doing better Wally.

wallyglock
04-24-2008, 04:40
thank you for the support. each and every one of you.

to uz2busmc: you are SO RIGHT in what you say, or i sincerely believe you are pretty much correct.
i have been thinking about all the subject matter you hit upon and am praying many times a day to gain some feelings back from my wife and my children also.
they are 25 and 29 years old and both live in other cities and havent talked to me in months.
this part IS NOT correct on their end...... i was always a decent father to them.

yes, the other woman will have to go sooner or later. you are right about this subject. i will be with her tonite on her birthday and am going to let her go her own way pretty soon. it WILL hurt her a lot.
she has been wanting to stay some nights in my house or have me move in with her...... i have rejected both ideas and told her i am bruised up pretty badly over this whole thing.........you just dont get over 32 years of mostly a very good marriege and heal up that fast !!

i am praying and hoping to gain some of the parts of my life that used to be. i miss my wife so bad i cant describe it. and it WAS NOT worth i did in any way, shape or form !!!

be back on line in a day or two.
got one cat outside i will try to get in before i go to work. i care and love the animals very much. they put hope in my life every day !!

talk again later and i may just have to get a couple of personel mails to some of you. just how do i go about doing that ??
explain throughly so i will know.

god bless wally:faint:

MrsKitty
04-25-2008, 18:31
Hang in there Wally. Try to remember that children almost always side with the mother during a divorce. It is just the way it is and I can't really understand why considering some of the families I know.

If you really want to try to restart your life with your ex again, the sooner you end things with the other woman, the better. Won't be easy and there aren't any guarantees but it has to be done.

Hang in there.

Glock_172630
04-26-2008, 06:19
Your animals come first.

They eat first. Even if you have to go hungry, they eat.

They get medical care first. Regardless of what it costs or where it comes from, you suffer and you pay.

They get treats first. You get bread and water.

Their safety comes first. You do everything to see to that.

They cant fend for themselves like you can, so it is your responsibility to take care of them in every way, and each one is a life that is depending on you.

I recently had to make the decision to spend the last of my monthly check on cat food and litter or people food for me.

Know what? So far its been a week with just water and crackers for me, and the end of the month is another week away, but the cats are eating and living in sanitary conditions. And I will make this same decision over and over as often as I need to.

cllrtr
04-26-2008, 08:48
Hey there Wally, hope you are doing better.

I'm betting that if your ex starts warming up again, your kids will be right behind.

Good luck. Hope it turns out better that you think.

Take care of those critters and yourself.

wallyglock
04-27-2008, 17:00
glock 172630....

sorry to hear about your woes. you are kind and considerate to your animals to say the least. i too, cut my funds pretty close but it sounds like you are having a REALLY rough time. i will pray and hope for the best for you and the critters. one thing: yes ! i also sacrifice for my animals. but if i was forced to subsist on crackers and water, i would not be on my job very long, as i have a demanding physical labor type of job.

to cllrtr:
i phoned my ex on wed. of this past week to try to get her to eat with me this weekend ( eat out ) and never heard a word from her.
ALSO it has been over 1 week since she has seen the animals here and i was hoping for a little better out of her.
i am trying not to bother her unduly but i am just not sure about her attitude and frame of mind at this time.
i DID hurt her badly, but have shown several times to her that i wanted her in my life and vice-versa but not much has worked out at this time.
my girlfriend is wanting me to be with her and i am making excuse to put off moving in with her ect.
but i am not sure my beloved ex wife of 32 years will EVER come around or not.
i CAN tell you this much......i am going to give it a few months , maybe even a year or a year and one half, to see if we can develop a relationship again.
i figure it is worth it to try to do so !!

any and all write soon and thanks to all concerned.

wally:shocked:

uz2bUSMC
04-27-2008, 23:20
my girlfriend is wanting me to be with her and i am making excuse to put off moving in with her ect.
but i am not sure my beloved ex wife of 32 years will EVER come around or not.

This is just my opinion, but...

I would say it is better to wait and eventually fail, than to make the wrong decision, ruin your chance and never know. You're going to have to get rid of the girlfriend, it's better for her, your wife and most likely you in the end. Without your girlfriend, you'll awaken in a new day of challenging loneliness, but if you are reunited with your wife of 32yrs -it would have been worth it.

Here again, this is just my opinion, please don't take it as me having a full understanding of your situation with all the right answers in tow. I don't. You will have to make all the smart moves on your own, I just hope emotion doesn't lead you in the wrong directions.

All the best,
UZ

cllrtr
04-28-2008, 07:26
Here there Wallyglock, hope your weekend was better than you thought it would be.

I'm betting some time and gentle persistance on your part will have your life ALMOST where it was before. Maybe not exactly, but close. Quite often they have a tremendous capacity to forgive. When that happens, the kids won't be far behind. We're hopin' for ya.

NITE SITE 53
04-28-2008, 07:28
Your animals come first.

They eat first. Even if you have to go hungry, they eat.

They get medical care first. Regardless of what it costs or where it comes from, you suffer and you pay.

They get treats first. You get bread and water.

Their safety comes first. You do everything to see to that.

They cant fend for themselves like you can, so it is your responsibility to take care of them in every way, and each one is a life that is depending on you.

I recently had to make the decision to spend the last of my monthly check on cat food and litter or people food for me.

Know what? So far its been a week with just water and crackers for me, and the end of the month is another week away, but the cats are eating and living in sanitary conditions. And I will make this same decision over and over as often as I need to.

Agreed 100%

wallyglock
04-28-2008, 18:42
uz2....

yes , my efforts will be worth it IF they pay off. she hasnt called me back from almost a week ago and i will have to contact her again if i want to try to talk to her.
i just wanted a couple of hours of her time to take her out to eat and have a little conversation....those things seem awful hard to come by ! AND i was hoping for her to have a little more consideration for the animals.
we will see.

cllrtr...

well i certainly hope you are right, but at the present time she seems to be pretty independent. SHE pushed for this divorce and i did all i knew how to do to stop it with no success. my own family has said i met her more than half way, and now i must protect myself.
i do STILL love her, but she has to give some ground sooner or later !
my life is changed so much i dont even know it will ever be normal again.

to all : i am seeing the girlfreind BUT planning to break it off soon. i dont really see her that much but talk to her on the phone daily. i refused a trip to chicago with her this past week-end and she is wanting me to pick out a house i would like for us to live in together.
she DOES mean well, but this is too fast for me !

i appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
i am not bothering the x too much and will call her in a day or two . everyone says to give her space and that is what i am trying to do !

time will tell. got to go walk the dog and the 4 cats are doing real good. when i sit down in the recliner of the evenings,i usually have a couple of cats on me.....they also miss her presence so badly !

will be back in a day or two to talk some more.

wally:wavey:

RLB
04-28-2008, 19:47
Hang in there Wally. Time does help.
Take care of the other family members. They will help you deal with this. that comes from experience. They know you are down right now. They will do things to lift your spirits. Remember, the animals lost one of their pride or pack as the case is.
Your wife wants you to believe she can and is handling the situation without any problems. I bet she is having a hard time as well.
I tried sending you a message, but the system did not allow it. Send me a PM anytime you need to talk.

Rick

wallyglock
04-29-2008, 04:33
i will try to get some contact with you in a personel message thru info provided on this forum in the next 1-3 days.
will go into your profile ( i THINK that is the way you want me to accomplish the contact ) and give you an e-mail.

it is early am and i have to try to round up one last cat that is outside.....he is the youngest and plays a lot.
just finished the dog walk and thinking about riding my bicycle to work. it is only 36 degrees but i need to conserve when i can !

yes, i figure she is having somewhat of a rough time also, but she has hidden her emotions pretty good. we had 32 years of basically a pretty good marriege, so how could she NOT have some feelings and emotions there.

will contact you soon
thanks to all once again. :cool:

wallyglock
04-29-2008, 04:38
tell me the proper procedure to try to contact you in an e-mail thu this forum.
this will help me to be sure i can get the steps correct !

wally

RLB
04-29-2008, 14:58
Wally,
Go to my user id in the left column. Click on it and you should get an option to send me either a PM or email. Click on the link and that should take you to the screen.
SHe is keeping her feelings and emotions hidden to want you to believe she is not hurting.

Rick

wallyglock
04-30-2008, 04:34
need something else to go on to contact you.

i clicked on your " rlb " in left corner, then it says you have no contact information ! .......so that leaves me at a standstill !

reply HERE for now and when you can fix it so i can get you and e-mail let me know and i will do so.

will check her late today or this evening and still looking forward to contacting you in the next day or two.

will maybe call my x today and find out if she wants to come visit the pets soon. it has actually been 2 full weeks since she stopped by.
you may very well be right........she is hiding her emotions somewhat. but she has been very cold and non-communicating in the process.

can give you more details later. the same cat is out and i will try to get in in shortly so i can go to work.

best regards wally :dunno:

RLB
04-30-2008, 15:12
Wally,
I am trying to get it figured out. I know my email is in my profile. Not sure what is going on.
Let the ex know the pets are missing her. She is hurt and that is having an affect on her actions.
Good luck in getting the kitty in.

Rick

wallyglock
05-01-2008, 04:40
i will watch for when to write again, and just keep me updated on the fixing the contact info.

tonite is grocery nite and i will probably be back on line again tommarrow or saturday. maybe you will have it fixed by then.

the x did stop by last evening and visited with the animals and me ( a little) and i am trying to get her to go eat with me saturday evening, dont know for sure yet.....maybe she will go.

keep you posted and hope to contact you soon .

wally:yawn:

MrsKitty
05-01-2008, 18:16
Hang in there, wally! :wavey:

wallyglock
05-02-2008, 04:29
last nite i didnt sit down till darn near 10 pm. that trip wal-mart super grocery store and i had to make one other stop. ate at burger king. had that new steakhouse burger. not real good , but filling and cheap !
by the time i got back to unload the groceries and write out a few bills, then take horse pup outside for her last walk of the day , it was 10 pm !
wow , some days are really trying and long.

hope rick can still get his info updated. i will keep checking.

god bless to all ...!!

wally :whistling:

cllrtr
05-02-2008, 08:08
Hope you are doing better Mr. Wallyglock.

I don't feek so bad now. I don't know how to get messages and send private emails and such either. Probably need to ask an eight year old.

RLB
05-04-2008, 08:04
Wally,
Go into your profile and set it to allow receiving PM's. Currently your profile is set to not receive private messages.
Rick

wallyglock
05-04-2008, 17:34
ok......but HOW exactly do i do that ? !

wally :dunno:

Zonny
05-04-2008, 18:18
ok......but HOW exactly do i do that ? !

wally :dunno:

Go to "User CP" (just above the 'new thread' box) Then to "Edit Options" & select "Enable Private Messaging" Under "Messaging & Notification"

MrsKitty
05-04-2008, 18:47
Go to "User CP" (just above the 'new thread' box) Then to "Edit Options" & select "Enable Private Messaging" Under "Messaging & Notification"

I just sent you $1000 casino cash for helping wally. Thanks, 'zonny! :wavey:

wallyglock
05-05-2008, 05:16
one more question.

if i enable my mail to recieve private messages, does that ALSO mean that i will see where the messages are coming FROM so i can reply back ?
in other words....this will not be a one way street ? !

thanks again wally:upeyes:

Zonny
05-05-2008, 16:14
one more question.

if i enable my mail to recieve private messages, does that ALSO mean that i will see where the messages are coming FROM so i can reply back ?
in other words....this will not be a one way street ? !

thanks again wally:upeyes:

Yes Wally, when you look in the upper right hand part of your screen and see that you have a "private message" you click on that link. It will take you to the message and at the bottom of the message you have the option to 'reply' or 'forward'

wallyglock
05-05-2008, 19:43
i tried to enable messages from both of you on the " buddy list " feature to get thru to me on my private e-mail.

it is now 9:30 pm mon. i will check tommarrow and wed to see if this works out and get any messages from either of you.

wally:wow:

cllrtr
05-07-2008, 10:19
Hope you are doing better there Mr. wallyglock.

RLB
05-07-2008, 15:18
Wally,
I tried again to send you a PM and email through you user name. I also tried through the buddy list. All garnered me the same results. The message states that you are not able to receive PMs or email.
From the thread panel click on my user name and see if you have the option to send me a PM. I know I can send and receive PM's.
If this does not work, you can try contacting an administrator for assistance.
Rick.

wallyglock
05-08-2008, 04:24
thread panel ?

please be a little specific and i will try to do what you are thinking.

i must have made some kind of wrong turn when i tried to have personal messages sent to me thu the system.

if someone wants to walk me thru it, i will try again.

i dont want , at this time, to open may mail up to everyone. that is why i tried the steps for the buddy system plan.
how EXACTLY do i go about the buddy system thing to make it work ? !
remember not to leave any stones unturned in telling me EVERY step to get it correct !

will be back to chat today or tommarrow.

wally:cool:

RLB
05-08-2008, 15:54
Go to my user name on the left of this post. Place your cursor on my name and do a left mouse click. This should open a menu which should include a link to send a private message. Click on that and follow the options. You have to have a subject or it will not come through.
Rick

wallyglock
05-08-2008, 19:28
i followed your instructions and left clicked on your name. typed a short test message and hit send. it said there were no matches for your user name...!
what ? !

after i left clicked on your name the link i used was " send" link option, i assume this was the one you meant to use.

give me an other message in a day or two and we can still work this out, i believe.

Zonny
05-08-2008, 19:40
i followed your instructions and left clicked on your name. typed a short test message and hit send. it said there were no matches for your user name...!
what ? !

after i left clicked on your name the link i used was " send" link option, i assume this was the one you meant to use.

give me an other message in a day or two and we can still work this out, i believe.

Wally, perhaps it's 'case sensitive' which would mean you need to type RLB in upper case (capital) letters.

The easiest way to send him a message is to click on his name in the shaded area of a post that he has made in this thread. There will be a list of options there and you want to "Send a private message to RLB"

Hope this helps.

Zonny
05-08-2008, 19:43
RLB when I clicked on your name it does say,"RLB has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Might there be something wrong on your end?

wallyglock
05-09-2008, 04:42
yep....i DID do upper case letters. and , after reading your last post to RLB i believe you have it correct.....something wrong possibly with him getting my messages.

between all of us, we can surely solve this !

i will be tuning in over the week-end for more info.

best regards to all and i hope all of your pets are safe and healthy

wally:supergrin:

RLB
05-11-2008, 07:06
Wally/Arizonny,
I checked my options and the setup appeared correct. I have PM's enabled. I know it is working because I have received messages from other members. Wally try sending me another message. I have not received one from you.
Arizonny, thanks for trying to send me a message and helping Wally get his options set up.
Rick

wallyglock
05-11-2008, 08:24
i left clicked on your user name ( RLB) then clicked on the "send link"
( right so far ? )

typed in, on subject box, " an other test message "
in the " cc" column i left this blank because i didnt know what it stood for.
typed in short message and hit " send " at very top left.
it still said no matches found for user name...!

i even tried to log in first but didnt see any way to try to get a message out from that point so i logged back out and did all of the above.

these are ALL the steps i did. are any of t hem wrong OR have we still got an error somewhere ?? :dunno:

rainy day here and all animals are asleep and content.
my 91 year old mother is coming by today for a small meal that i will fix for us.

sent my x a nice flower arrangement friday for moms day......havent heard from her AND it has been 8 days since she has seen the pets.
i am still not sure how long this will keep up OR if it ever will be much better.
she has been gone out of the house for 5 months....it seems like about 5 years, and we have been divorced for not quite 2 months. i am still trying to show a lot of love and care for her but she is remaining very bitter and hurt.

part of this i understand and a lot of it i simply dont :wow:

hope to get this message thing straightened out and i will keep in touch till we do.

good mothers day to all and i am still taking care of the animals and house, keeping in very good physical condition ( mentally , not so good ! ) and working on a daily basis.

hope to hear from some of you soon

best regards wally :upeyes:

RLB
05-11-2008, 13:19
Wally,
Good job on the flowers. Still no message. It is working as Arizonny sent a test message. When you click on my user name, you should see an option that says "send a private message to RLB". Click on that. When you are finished with the message, you will see two options under the message pane. One is submit and the other is preview. Hit the submit button.
Enjoy the time with your grandma. Family is very important at this time as are friends.
Hang in there. Do not spend all your time dwelling on it. That will adversely impact you and your four legged family members.
Remain strong. Your faily is depending on you.

Rick

uz2bUSMC
05-11-2008, 15:13
what ? !

Try it without the buddy option.

Go to "user cp" on the top of the page, then...

Go to "edit options" on the left of page, then...

Go to "messaging and notification", then...

Check the box for "enable private messaging" and then make sure that no other boxes are checked for now. Don't worry about leaving your PM open to everyone, you're not going to get flooded or anything. You can go back and change it to "buddy list only" at a later date.

wallyglock
05-11-2008, 18:19
got your last message.
when i left click on your user name, there is ONLY a " send link " option, not one that says " send private message to RLB ".
so, once again , i am left wondering.

did you see uz2 's post right under yours ?
should i try that stuff OR just wait to see about doing it with what we have been trying ?
i woulddnt think ME trying to send a message to YOU would not matter if my preference was set on the buddy system or not .

i wont try anything tonite. our power was off for 3 hours and it has got me behind.

it was my MOM that came but for lunch. x called and thanked me for the flowers..... i was surprised ! she will come to see the pets in the next few days

gotta go let me know the next idea in trying to get you thru a message.

thanks wally:wavey:

Zonny
05-11-2008, 18:42
Wally, you are RIGHT clicking. You need to LEFT click. You will see 5 options:

View Public Profile

Send a Private Message to RLB

Send Email to BLB

Find More Posts by BLB

Add RLB to your buddy List

uz2bUSMC
05-11-2008, 21:18
x called and thanked me for the flowers..... i was surprised ! she will come to see the pets in the next few days

Remember though, Wally... stay a bit reserved with your wife (going to avoid referring to as "x"), even if things are looking positive in your direction. You don't want to hit second gear and spook her. All those feelings that were hurt are still sensitive just like a burn. Still gotta take it easy. You'll have to earn a spot in her comfort zone before you can move forward, tread cautiously bro. Goodluck with her and the PM situation.

wallyglock
05-12-2008, 05:29
arizonny...

when i LEFT click there IS NOT an option " to send a private message to RLB " as a choice . i was going to give you all the options it gave me on my HOME computer, however i amd at WORK now on the compter here and it brings up an whole different set of options, but still not the one i need !
i do know on my HOME computer that he only "SEND" option is one that says " send link ".
dont know if this will help but maybe we can go from here to get this solved
thanks.

uz2....
i am tring to soft pedal our relitionshiop quite a bit. your advice is well taken.i know she is still hurting and it will take a long time to get around it.
my house is so lonely without her. we will see what will happen over time.........i figure the next 5-8 months will tell me a lot.

everyone have a great day and i will tune in again for advice in 102 days.

wally:upeyes:

MrsKitty
05-12-2008, 17:21
http://glocktalk.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=87220

Wally, try clicking that link. Maybe it will work for you to send a PM that way. :wavey:

RLB
05-12-2008, 17:31
Wally,
What Arizonny put in the last post about the options is what I see when I open a use's name that can accept PM's. Arizonny tested it made sure that I can receive PM's. Keep trying with it. Maybe send a message to a moderator for assistance.
I mis-read your earlier post about who you were having lunch with.
Remember with your wife, you have to earn her trust and respect back. This will take time. Like Uz2 said, take it slow, easy and cautiously.
Keep your chin up, think positive and take care of the other family memebers.

Rick

Zonny
05-12-2008, 17:39
http://glocktalk.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=87220

Wally, try clicking that link. Maybe it will work for you to send a PM that way. :wavey:

Well...Don't you have your thinking cap on!!!! :winkie:

imstaryeyed
05-12-2008, 18:15
I am a newbie, just looking around! I clicked here because of the title.
As I began to read the threads I was amazed at the similarities with your situation and a similar one I fought through...:crying:.....perhaps if you would like I could help you from the scorned women's point of veiw... I feel awkward intruding but.....

I too have older pets and they are the love of my life and I know of at least once my oldest cat (Peaches) literially saved my life. :ambulance: It is heart breaking as they grow older and even though you have cared for them and loved them, when it is their time, the pain is overwhelming....

Please forgive me if I have intruded...Stary

wallyglock
05-12-2008, 18:34
left clicking on RLB user name, brings up

open link on new window
open link in new tab
-----------------------
book mark this link
save link as.....
send link.......
copy link location
---------------------
properties

tried misskitty's suggestion and clicked on her link she high-lighted in her reply.

got to " you have turned off private messages. you may not send private messages untill you turn them on by editing your options "

under ( on left of screen ) private messages i clicked on " edit folders "
that brought up some blocks to " add new folders"

didnt know what to put in or what to do from here. sorry i am not more computer savy but i am trying !

what should i do or try next....?? !!

i DO appreciate all your help !

wally:faint:

Zonny
05-12-2008, 18:53
AGAIN!!! you are RIGHT CLICKING instead of left clicking.

FIRST thing you HAVE to do is go to "User CP" (just above the 'new thread' box) Then to "Edit Options" & select "Enable Private Messaging" Under "Messaging & Notification". This will allow you to send and receive. Without this step this is all useless.

After you have done that, simply click on the name RLB in the last post he made (in the brown box) it is 4 posts up from this one OR click on the link that misskitty provided for you.

Another thought....perhaps his mouse properties are switched :dunno: After you have done the above, tell me what it says when you right click if what you posted above is with a left click.

RLB
05-12-2008, 19:29
Arizonny, I had not thought of the mouse properties being switched.
Wally keep trying. We are getting things narrowed down. Before long we will get this resolved.

crittersitter
05-12-2008, 22:03
That is SO sad for you Wally.....I hope things are going better for you now. I feel sort of sorry for the "other woman" though, she seemed to have your best interests at heart....she must be heartbroken too.

wallyglock
05-13-2008, 05:36
bear with me ...... i am trying all your stuff.

couldnt log on at home. dont know what went wrong. i am at work now it is 7 am.
will try again tonite at home to communicate on a more in depth basis to all.

NOW please tell me more details.
didnt see a " new thread " box here in this forum.....looked here at bottom and top of page. did you mean " post reply" ? please tell me.

the only " user cp " i found was at the every begiining......i mean at the very start of glock talk...... the page that says " enter the forums "
sooooo ......... to follow your instructions i need more in depth stuff cause i couldnt find exactally what you prescribed to do !

i appreciate your patience and will still try to get this private messaging thing worked....it is now becoming a challenge i want to overcome !

thanks to all will be on line again yhis evening.

Zonny
05-13-2008, 07:15
bear with me ...... i am trying all your stuff.

couldnt log on at home. dont know what went wrong. i am at work now it is 7 am.
will try again tonite at home to communicate on a more in depth basis to all.

NOW please tell me more details.
didnt see a " new thread " box here in this forum.....looked here at bottom and top of page. did you mean " post reply" ? please tell me.

the only " user cp " i found was at the every begiining......i mean at the very start of glock talk...... the page that says " enter the forums "
sooooo ......... to follow your instructions i need more in depth stuff cause i couldnt find exactally what you prescribed to do !

i appreciate your patience and will still try to get this private messaging thing worked....it is now becoming a challenge i want to overcome !

thanks to all will be on line again yhis evening.

Wally, near the top of this page, you will see User CP. It is in the darker brown area. It's to the far left, above either "New Thread" (blue) or "Post reply" (blue) depending on whether you are in this thread or on the "Woof's Corner" home page.

Go to "user cp" on the top of the page, then...

Go to "edit options" on the left of page, then...

Go to "messaging and notification", (in the middle of the page) then...

Check the box for "enable private messaging" and then you MUST click "SAVE CHANGES" at the bottom of the page for your changes to take affect.

I too, want this worked out Wally. I wish I could cyberly jump thru my puter into yours and set it up for you. :supergrin:

cllrtr
05-13-2008, 07:54
Mr. Wallyglock, hope you and your situation are getting better each day.

wallyglock
05-13-2008, 10:06
arizony....

did all the steps you said to and the final one to " save changes"

i tried left clicking AND right clicking on RLB "s user name and it brings up different things here at this work computer than my home computer.

the steps i just completed........ does this now mean I can recieve private messages ? ! try it so i can see if any headway has been made ...!!
the program took all the steps you walked me thru , so hopefully i can at least get some private messages now !!

thanks to all and i will be more specific about other thoughts when we get this forum messaging thing figured out.

wally :cool:

Zonny
05-13-2008, 10:14
Wally!!

You have a PM :wavey:

wallyglock
05-13-2008, 11:50
got it !:wow:

now...... do we go on further from here....i mean does this open the door in any form to get each others actual user 's info ( read that................ real names and private e- mail adresss's ?)

or does this only open the door to get a one on one chat with an other memember on this forum without clogging up something such as " wolfs corner "....?

we are making headway at least . ... !!

back for more chatter tonite THANKS

Zonny
05-13-2008, 12:53
got it !:wow:

now...... do we go on further from here....i mean does this open the door in any form to get each others actual user 's info ( read that................ real names and private e- mail adresss's ?)

or does this only open the door to get a one on one chat with an other memember on this forum without clogging up something such as " wolfs corner "....?

It's all safe Wally. Fear not :embarassed:

RLB
05-13-2008, 14:23
got it !

wally

As Arizonny said, you are safe. You have another PM. I knew we would get this working.
Rick

wallyglock
05-13-2008, 18:17
running behind...had to do yard work and get a roast ready to go in the crock pot before i go to work in the early am.

ok RLB & ARIZONY i still would like for you to send me messages...that is fine. however, can i send you any? when i click LEFT on your user names the same stuff comes up as i described to before. YES.... i left clicked !

i am glad the part is working where i can receive your mails. i WOULD like to return the same in like fashion.:wow:

give me any details so the other part will work also.

guys, i will write more when time permits. i can and will make attempts to tell you about my situation as a fuller picture. keep the coraspondance going and i will get caught here at home in a few days.

the pets are doing real well. we ALL had canned tuna tonite and they enjoyed it .

god bless wally :upeyes:

Zonny
05-13-2008, 18:56
running behind...had to do yard work and get a roast ready to go in the crock pot before i go to work in the early am.

ok RLB & ARIZONY i still would like for you to send me messages...that is fine. however, can i send you any? when i click LEFT on your user names the same stuff comes up as i described to before. YES.... i left clicked !

i am glad the part is working where i can receive your mails. i WOULD like to return the same in like fashion.:wow:

give me any details so the other part will work also.

guys, i will write more when time permits. i can and will make attempts to tell you about my situation as a fuller picture. keep the coraspondance going and i will get caught here at home in a few days.

the pets are doing real well. we ALL had canned tuna tonite and they enjoyed it .

god bless wally :upeyes:

Ok Wally. Did you try the right click? I'm thinking the functions of your mouse may be reversed. This certainly might be the case.

Also, if you go to the messages we sent you, you can use the 'reply' at the bottom of the message to get back to us.

I would also like you to now try the link that misskitty gave you to send to RLB and see if that works.

Let me know.

RLB
05-15-2008, 09:03
Wally,
When you see you have a PM, open it and hit reply. that will get the message back to the sender. To start the thread, follow the instructions given. Try right clicking with your mouse and see if you get the menu Arizonny included a few messages ago.
Rick

wallyglock
05-16-2008, 20:16
nearly 10 pm and just now am sitting down from a very busy day and evening.
:wow:
just came in from dog walk and all the animals are good.

wife DID come by for about 1/2 hour and talked pretty freely and saw all the animals. she still is strained and i understand that. i believe part of the strain is in her own life style.....new and different and more pressure on her ,as well as me .
we talked about the kids and some other stuff. i had found some heart breaking pictures of our two absolutley adorable children when the boy was about 9-10 and the girl was 5-6 years old. they had been " camping " in the back yard and they were standing together with their arms around each other. MAN !!!!!! it tore my heart out...... they are so dear to me and havent heard from them for months. :crying: :crying:
AFTER fathers day, i will make an attempt to write them both some meaningful words. i love them dearly !!!
i will stop right there.

send me any message that you want and have time to do.
i am still going to contact you, my friends, and get some personel message to you in due time.
thanks for all your prayers and understanding. :cool:

more in a few days wally

crittersitter
05-17-2008, 11:30
Saw you message Wally and am happy for you, but sad as well for you lack of contact with your children. I will writer more later, I just don't know too much about your situation so hate to give advice, but I will say a prayer for you.

wallyglock
05-23-2008, 19:45
pets are well and i am tired. had a 16 hour day today, including my regular 8 at work and my house chores tonite. it IS never ending.

pets are all good. awfully wet here and the rain has kept me from giving the dog a very long walk at times,, but she understands. they all still get the best of my love and attention.

gonna do some more house cleaning tommarrow and laundry day also.
it will be some work, but i got a major spegetti recipe on for saturday......complete with garlic butter and crusty italian bread and some fresh grated par. cheese.
it is excellent ......wife and i had it many times.

havent talked to her in several days and no, she hasnt visited the pets in one week. i will see how all devolps.

take care all and stay safe and healthy. wally :cool:

uz2bUSMC
05-25-2008, 04:47
Wally,

Have to ask... did you part with the "girlfriend" yet?

denfoote
05-25-2008, 07:29
Wally,
I'd like to give you a little insight on the mindset of your EX.
I've been divorced for just over 10 years.
This goes back to 2 July 1997.
I was rummaging around in my wife's old purse for a pen. What I found was several pics of her naked with some guy, in an obvious hotel room, with all kinds of booze bottles littered on the table in front of them. When she returned, I asked her about it and got told that she wanted a divorce, but that I didn't have to move out!!! :shocked:
Further investigation revealed that this relationship had been going on for some time and all our friends, including her parents, knew about it :wow:
On 4 July 1997 I had had enough and split for a friends house.
The next day, I contacted an attorney.
A couple of weeks later one of her friends contacted me and intimated that she wanted to get back together. My attorney advised me that this was probably because "she wanted my wallet to return, but not me".
I declined.
Besides, there was no way I was ever going to trust her again.
Your ex probably feels the same way.
I know I went through the same thing.
The regret, remorse, depression, the lingering feelings of love, I know where she is coming from!!
She probably does not want to get to far into it again.
Her method of coping is to bottle it in.
Mine was to party my ass off!!
The day my divorce was final, I threw a kegger.

You didn't help matters with the rebound girlfriend!!!
That just proved to her that she was right in not trusting you.
If you do get back together, you had better as hell not even look cross ways at another woman!! Don't even think about it, and immediately get professional help from your Priest, Rabbi, or Minister!!! In fact, if you are thinking about it now, get some help. You are the one who needs to get his you know what in one bag!! She needs to know for double damn sure that she can trust YOU!! It's all up to you.

wallyglock
05-25-2008, 18:40
uz2b

yes....havent seen the other woman in weeks. she is somewhat upset but i told her i went too fast and could not comitt to her....now and possibly not at all.

i could still possibly have an other woman in my life, especially if my wife doesnt come around in the next few months. but i am going to give it a monster of a chance to work with her.

denfotte

thanks for caring. you certainly had a bad situation, and some of. but not all !, of your comments are valid.
yes....in my case the shoe was on the other foot. but i was not a boozer, woman chaser or a bad husband in most respects.
altho i WAS meeting this lady upon very in-frequent occasions, i was still working on a daily basis, doing all my married obligations , ect.

i am sure i fell short in some areas, but should have to be given credit for being a decent husband in most areas
i am not trying to boost....just give an insight as to what our lives were like a little bit.

gotta go walk the dog soon.
thanks to all and write when ever you can.

god bless wally:wavey:

denfoote
05-26-2008, 02:07
i am sure i fell short in some areas, but should have to be given credit for being a decent husband in most areas

Your statement may be valid for things like leaving the toilet seat up or not picking up your socks, but infidelity is a marriage killer because it destroys the very foundation which the relationship is built on, namely trust. Yeah, she might LOVE you, but she does not TRUST you. She started out loving you. She LEARNED to trust. You have to go back to square one and rebuild that foundation all over again because you blew it up!! You may also have to contend with the possibility that she may not be interested in rebuilding that foundation!!!

It may be a case, on her part, of fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!!

wallyglock
05-26-2008, 18:04
it was a lot more about socks and toliet seats.

ALL relationships and marriages are VASTLY different. i KNOW i did a major boo boo and i had to pay for that.

all i am trying to say is this......i personally know of several marriages that more major problems that mine..... and the people are STILL married !! there are two such cases at my own work place .... !!

i AM NEVER selling what i did as a MINOR infraction . :steamed:

but in a lot of areas i was a good decent hard working husband . i just wanted you to know that i had some good areas of preformance and i held them for over 32 years.

i pray everyday for forgiveness and i will try to win my wife back.....and with full realization that it may take months, a year or two , or maybe not work at at all.

like the old saying goes...every dog has its day.

best wishes wally :upeyes:

cllrtr
05-29-2008, 07:26
Hope things are improving Mr. Wally.

wallyglock
05-31-2008, 17:28
we had a major storm here last nite ( friday )
some were scared but all were in the house which i was thankful for.

the wifey x hasnt been to see the pets in 2 weeks, nor have i talked to her. she seems to be able to put them out of her mind easier than i could do , and easier than i ever thought she would have done. they all miss her for sure, and one little cat and the big dog REALLY miss her.

i am amind just to let things be for a time to see how long her stand-off ish-ness will keep going. i made a very LARGE effort time and time again to say i was sorry and that i loved her very much.
i am not sure at the present if anymore words would just be overkill.
both parties have to have some feeling of wanting t o make this work out in the future......and i am not convinced she wants to.i cant see much sign of it anyway.

thanks to all and write when you have time.
i am well but very lonely and am wondering what my future will hold.:dunno:

wally