LE distributors in MA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LE distributors in MA

JBshoot88
04-04-2008, 04:51
Any Massachusetts residents, especially LEOs know of any LE Glock distributors in Ma for LEOs to get the discount, and what it is? I hear it is usually under $400 including 3 mags. I am not a LEO and I am asking on someone else's behalf. Thanks

lens
04-04-2008, 06:41
Official prices can be found in PDF here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10215799&postcount=5

For MA the answer is easy.

Interstate Arms in Billerica is the official LE Distributor for Glock and sells at the above-posted prices. They will ship to Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn and the LEO can pick up there, do 4473/NICS/FA-10 and pay Carl his transfer fee. LE creds and full payment is made direct to Interstate Arms for these sales.

JBshoot88
04-04-2008, 08:25
Thanks, but i am confused on a couple things... the forms "fine print" makes it seem like:
1. the pistol has to be used for official duty,
2. it can't be resold to a civilian
3. the purchasing officer needs to have a supervisor letterhead to make the purchase

This seems contrary to what you told me in the other thread, when you said the pistol could be resold to me after a year.
Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with a newbie.

lens
04-04-2008, 09:33
The form itself was created during the Fed Ban on hi-caps and has NOT been changed since.

It is my understanding that you only fill out that form if you order DIRECT from Glock itself. I don't think that Interstate makes you do that. Letterhead is most applicable if the PD is going to own the gun (or during the Fed Ban) or if the gun is being shipped to the PD.

Nobody can contractually prohibit you from EVER disposing of something that you buy. Glock is trying to make it clear that what you are trying to do violates the intent of the program. Likewise, if they didn't have similar/same wording, what would prevent LEOs from making a "side business" of buying at LEO discount and reselling so that they undercut Glock's legit civilian sales channel? A one-year resale restriction would indeed be upheld in a civil court action, whereas a lifetime restriction would not.

Just a personal request: Can you please keep a single topic discussion in one forum only (the most appropriate one) and not scatter it amongst multiple forums. I hate repeating myself. Thanks.

JBshoot88
04-04-2008, 15:56
OK, thanks again lens and sorry about the scattered questions

JBshoot88
04-04-2008, 21:58
I just downloaded the order form from Interstate Arms and am discouraged to read the clause:

"MASSACHUSETTS LAW ENFORCEMENT: I certify that the above information is true and correct and that the firearm that I am purchasing is for on duty use only and is not being purchased for resale."

I fear my dream of owning a new glock is slowly dying, but I attached the pdf. for the order form for Interstate Arms for review.

lens
04-05-2008, 07:23
JBshoot88,

Give Interstate Arms a call on Monday. Talk with Susan, IIRC she's the manager of LE Sales.

I don't think it is as grim as the form makes it sound.

(800) 243-3006

Good luck.