2 Firefighters die in Ohio [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2 Firefighters die in Ohio

huskerbuttons
04-04-2008, 14:43
The Colerain Township Fire Department is mourning the loss of two of their own Friday.

Captain Robin Broxterman, 37, and Brian Schira, 29, were killed while battling a fire on Squirrelsnest Lane Friday morning.

The fire department said the call came in just after 6:00 a.m.

Crews from Colerain Township arrived at the home and immediately went in to rescue anyone who they believed may be inside.

The two people inside the home were able to make it out safely.

However, a "mayday operation" was called after crews were having trouble making contact with other firefighters in the structure. An unmanned hose was found on the first floor of the home, as was a hole in the floor leading to the basement, where the two firefighters' bodies were later located.

An official with the Colerain Township Fire Department is calling the fire a "catastrophic event."

Broxterman was the first female Captain in Colerain Township Fire history. She was a 17 year member of the fire department. She leaves behind two children and a fiance who is also a firefighter.

Schira joined the Colerain Fire Department last year and had also worked with the Delhi Fire Department.

The last time Colerain Township Fire mourned a loss of one of their own was back in 1977.

The fire remains under investigation.

nam02G
04-04-2008, 14:53
:fallenofficer: We don't have one for firefighters so I have to use this one. I always hate hearing stories like this.

4095fanatic
04-04-2008, 21:08
Rest in peace, brother and sister. God Bless and God Speed.

9L82
04-04-2008, 22:48
I am a police officer with this township, it has been a horrible day. Rest assured we will take care of them and their families like they were ours.

FiremanBrad
04-05-2008, 07:52
Prayers sent for the Fallen and thier Families!

HarleyArcher
04-05-2008, 08:29
Thoughts and prayers to all involved! Bryan

cdemarse
04-05-2008, 09:51
Rest In Peace

grfd600
04-07-2008, 19:43
I am a police officer with this township, it has been a horrible day. Rest assured we will take care of them and their families like they were ours.

Very sad. I first heard this on WLW early on Friday morning (XM radio 173 -I live in Arizona, WLW's signal is big, but not that big) and I just laid there. Later that day they played some clips of the radio traffic once command realize they have not heard from interior.

9L82
04-09-2008, 23:34
They were laid to rest today in an incredible day of events. They received the hero's treatment that they earned. Your brothers and sisters did you proud today

9L82
04-12-2008, 14:45
A fitting final tribute

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/NEWS01/304100004

FiremanMike
04-12-2008, 18:28
RIP Sister Broxterman and Brother Schira, we'll cover your runs from here.

Meathook
04-29-2008, 19:18
Heartbreaking.

AB1136
04-29-2008, 19:52
They were laid to rest today in an incredible day of events. They received the hero's treatment that they earned. Your brothers and sisters did you proud today

This is a little late, but thank you for watching over them as they were laid to rest. That was a beautiful tribute released by the media outlets and I was touched by the officers/troopers seen embracing one another. It brought back memories when we lost 9 in Charleston almost one year ago. The brothers in blue or red need to support each other during these times.

9L82
04-29-2008, 19:54
This is a little late, but thank you for watching over them as they were laid to rest. That was a beautiful tribute released by the media outlets and I was touched by the officers/troopers seen embracing one another. It brought back memories when we lost 9 in Charleston almost one year ago. The brothers in blue or red need to support each other during these times.

We considered it an honor to be there for them. We have had the misfortune to have several police officers killed over the recent years, they were there without fail. We are all brothers.