judges with guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : judges with guns

quick
04-04-2008, 23:38
i was reading the philippine star earlier and came across this article. the supreme court approved the guidelines to help judges procure firearms.

i'm just wondering whether the guidelines stop at the acquisition by the judge of his/her firearm. i am presuming that the actual permit to carry the firearm would still have to be acquired by the individual judges from the PNP-FED.

nevertheless, it is still a step forward. i hope the next eviolution is a similar program for lawyers... he ehehehe :supergrin:

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Headlines&p=49&type=2&sec=24&aid=20080404123

Django
04-05-2008, 02:58
The judges already have the singular benefit of getting their PTC's by just attaching the photo-copies of their appointments in their application. No need for all the other documents (Neuro, clearances,etc). They also pay a special rate for their PTCs. I think it's P200 only.

These new guidelines will now allow them to draw a cash advance payable in installment basis thru salary deduction for the purchase of a firearm.

Personally, I think judges should be entitled to these benefits. If you're a judge, your life is in constant danger. You'll never know how many enemies you've made in the course of your career.

All of these judges should emulate Judge who spends most of his time either reloading or shooting his reloads. And all of his money is spent on guns, primers or powder. Best of all, he has no known enemies. :tongueout:

Dean
04-05-2008, 03:02
A judge without a sidearm is a fool. No two ways about it.

horge
04-05-2008, 04:36
No doubt, judges should be armed as they see fit.
What I might have a problem with is the use of my tax peso to arm them,
when I suspect they are compensated well enough to afford it on their own.

h.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
04-05-2008, 05:42
^now that's not really fair!

judges aren't really compensated enough. I mean lets take into acount the work load here.

So give the judges a "tax-break". :)

Now for my 2 cents:

I am not really in favor and against the policy. The only problem that I am seeing is that most, or less than most, of our judges have problems with their eyes, from too much reading.

I think they should test first whether the judge should wear eyeglasses/contacts before issuing the license. I mean parang drivers license may conditions.

nitrox920
04-05-2008, 07:14
Its about time. :supergrin:

I think that was the result of a survey conducted by SWS a year back that most of the judges are contended with their compensation but majority of them are worried of their safety and security.

I just hope they do more range time with their firearms. It would be a worthwhile project for gun clubs to schedule and conduct gun safety seminars to those in the judiciary.

I am even in favor that their practice ammo should even be subsidies by the governement, say 200 rounds a year.

I also remember that Sen. Pimentel is against this policy.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
04-05-2008, 07:26
^now why would Pimentel go against that... teka are we talking about Coco?

antediluvianist
04-05-2008, 07:46
Judges do not get paid enough.

That's why they impose additional "fees" on citizens. Have you not been a victim of such things? If these additional "fees" are taken into account, they do quite well.

I have no love for the judges. Let them be armed with arnis sticks.

nitrox920
04-05-2008, 08:18
^now why would Pimentel go against that... teka are we talking about Coco?

Senator Aquilino Pimemtel - the gun grabber politician.

nitrox920
04-05-2008, 08:22
Judges do not get paid enough.

That's why they impose additional "fees" on citizens. Have you not been a victim of such things? If these additional "fees" are taken into account, they do quite well.

I have no love for the judges. Let them be armed with arnis sticks.

I dont mind if they impose additional fee, as long as we still have the rule of law. its a small price to pay.

I still believe in our justice system.

horge
04-05-2008, 08:28
I dont mind if they impose additional fee, as long as we still have the rule of law. its a small price to pay.

When you have to pay off a judge to get justice,
then you can pay to obtain an injustice.
I see no rule of law there, only a rule of the highest bidder.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
04-05-2008, 08:31
Senator Aquilino Pimemtel - the gun grabber politician.

Dang... I voted for that guy. O well, he is a senetor so he may not be able to relate to the plight of judges.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
04-05-2008, 08:33
Horge and ante:

Well lets hope that only a handful of judges sold or will sell their dignity.

antediluvianist
04-05-2008, 17:45
My experience with our judges and clerks of court over 40 years leads me to believe that many of them are crooked. That simple.

Valor1
04-05-2008, 19:55
Horge and ante:

Well lets hope that only a handful of judges sold or will sell their dignity.

maybe in Utopia. :whistling:

chowchow
04-05-2008, 20:55
Crook judges, thats the way it all ends except for a good few.

eug3n3_d3nn1s
04-07-2008, 08:08
Ouch,

Sama naman ng reputation ng mga taga judiciary.

Anyway...

Valor:

Not really in Utopia pero pwede din namang mangyari yung ganun.

Clusterbomb
04-07-2008, 20:27
Now they can be judges AND executioners. Shortcut- walang jury dito eh.

royal glockster
04-08-2008, 06:04
Judge Dredd....:supergrin:

JuDGe
04-08-2008, 06:35
All of these judges should emulate Judge who spends most of his time either reloading or shooting his reloads. And all of his money is spent on guns, primers or powder. Best of all, he has no known enemies. :tongueout:

Judge Dredd....:supergrin:

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

nitrox920
04-08-2008, 07:19
When you have to pay off a judge to get justice,
then you can pay to obtain an injustice.
I see no rule of law there, only a rule of the highest bidder.

pleaase dont get me wrong on my statement concerning the additional fees, as long as its with a govt offical reciept then I dont mind. other than that. thats another story.

gen1
04-08-2008, 16:22
My experience with our judges and clerks of court over 40 years leads me to believe that many of them are crooked. That simple.

actually this holds true with many who hold sensitive and powerful positions in the bureaucracy, and those in elective positions.

including you-know-who :supergrin: