Charlton Heston [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Charlton Heston

isuzu
04-06-2008, 21:23
Saw the news on TV that he passed away. He was a very influential figure with the NRA. Among his movies were The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur and The Battle of Midway.

batangueno
04-06-2008, 21:44
:sad: sad news

New_comer
04-06-2008, 23:50
I never get tired watching "Battle of Midway" on cinemax. Mr. Heston played a navy officer who gets to see his son with Japanese girl despite the circumstance, bombed an enemy carrier and died while landing his shot-up plane. One of my top ten all time.

9MX
04-07-2008, 04:34
godspeed to mr. heston!

jojo_G19
04-07-2008, 07:41
what a great loss.. tsk tsk tsk..

dinggaling
04-07-2008, 09:23
truly a respected gun- ownership advocate; big loss! :crying: :shocked:

chowchow
04-07-2008, 09:44
Ben Hur was my favorite, I ve watched it almost 10 times.

Clusterbomb
04-07-2008, 20:16
For me it would have to be "The Omega Man" and "The Planet of the Apes". The Planet of the Apes series would later turn out to be one of Hollywood's successful and profitable series/franchises. And it was a time when multiple sequels were not yet in vogue.

If I remember it right, one of his last appearances was the role of Arnold Schwarzenegger's boss in "True Lies".

To those hypocritical anti-gun nuts, he had this to say, "Political correctness is just tyranny with manners!"

dinggaling
04-08-2008, 06:36
he was well remembered in "the rifleman," and "SOYLENT GREEN." :wavey:

RyansFortyFives
04-08-2008, 06:41
Don't forget "El Sid", one of the greatest epics about the crusades. That is an excellent movie.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Heston, you will be missed!

nitrox920
04-08-2008, 07:23
I saw his memorial clip on CNN a few days ago, but what caught my attention was in an NRA press conference where he raised a lever action rifle and said " OVER MY COLD HANDS"

a short and powerful message to gun control

atmarcella
04-08-2008, 09:54
" OVER MY COLD HANDS"

"from my cold dead hands".

Clusterbomb
04-08-2008, 20:17
Eh kung buhay pa nun si John Wayne, then probably it would be the two of them up that NRA podium waving lever action rifles. Icons!

New_comer
04-09-2008, 02:25
Here's a great quote from Mr. Heston about gun rights:

"Here's my credo. There are no good guns, There are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people."

Clusterbomb
04-09-2008, 03:20
I wonder who else from Hollywood can fill the shoes of Charlton Heston. Who among the action stars today can lend their name and status to the cause of gun ownership. He'd have to be a responsible gun owner and/or active in the shooting sports. Lastly, he must must not be afraid to state his convictions.

nitrox920
04-09-2008, 10:51
"from my cold dead hands".

that's it...."from my cold dead hands"

nitrox920
04-09-2008, 10:53
I wonder who else from Hollywood can fill the shoes of Charlton Heston.

How about ARNOLD S. :rofl::rofl:

CatsMeow
04-09-2008, 18:17
How about ARNOLD S. :rofl::rofl:

Uh-uh, not when he's married to a Kennedy.:supergrin:

Tom Selleck is a better choice.:cool: Steven Seagal, perhaps?

horge
04-10-2008, 04:50
Tom Selleck.
Arnold's actually a gungrabber, and
the Nuge comes off as too much of a wacko.

However, if you want a solid progun US celeb
and positive shock-value with some youth appeal,
choose Sarah Michelle Gellar

:)

antediluvianist
04-10-2008, 07:12
Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a progun advocate?. I will have to google her. (I certainly would like to google her.)

You are right ! http://www.nrawinningteam.com/moved/buffy.html

New_comer
04-10-2008, 08:57
That someone must have played cowboy at some time in the past, to appeal to 'confederate' constituents. The Heston, Bronson, Eastwood types I mean...

Anyone left in their era. Eastwood's a good choice, if he's pro-gun.

Clusterbomb
04-11-2008, 00:52
Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a progun advocate?. I will have to google her. (I certainly would like to google her.)

You mean you would like to OGLE her? Well, same here! Ha-ha.

maskytrading
04-12-2008, 05:17
Maybe it's Robert Fuller's time to step in the Cids', Moseses, BenHurs' sandals if he is still around.

jerrytrini
04-13-2008, 20:32
I had the good fortune of shaking Mr Heston's hand as we were waiting to board a Delta flight some years ago. We were speaking but had to comply with the boarding announcement.

Gentlemen and Ladies, I am writing this on board the 82nd Airborne and Special Forces base (Fort Bragg, North Carolina.) My son Edward is back from his 4th tour in the Sand Box. I shall be posting some pics when I get home.

My family and I thank you for the thoughts and prayers you have given us for the last 5 years. He has lost a lot of weight and somewhat got sunburned.

MANY THANKS:patriot::patriot::patriot:

isuzu
04-13-2008, 21:24
Gentlemen and Ladies, I am writing this on board the 82nd Airborne and Special Forces base (Fort Bragg, North Carolina.) My son Edward is back from his 4th tour in the Sand Box. I shall be posting some pics when I get home.

My family and I thank you for the thoughts and prayers you have given us for the last 5 years. He has lost a lot of weight and somewhat got sunburned.

Good to know that Edward is back home safe. I bet one of the things you would do when both of you get home is cook him his favorite Filipino food.

CatsMeow
04-13-2008, 21:26
I had the good fortune of shaking Mr Heston's hand as we were waiting to board a Delta flight some years ago. We were speaking but had to comply with the boarding announcement.

Great to know he is back safe and sound!:cool: