Westchester CCW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Westchester CCW

ChinaCave
04-09-2008, 10:05
I live in Westchester, New York. They issue "Target" permits only. I have always wondered if folks from other counties with unrestricted permits could carry in Westchester, or if my 'Target' restriction was still controlling in upstate counties.

Its funny, as the two ranges I belong to are in Fairfield, Ct. and all I had to do was mail an application to Ct. to get a carry permit for the entire state, as a non-resident.

Also, I have been wondering - has anyone applied for & gotten a full- carry permit in Westchester without carrying tons of cash / jewels / other?

ajgranda
08-26-2009, 07:24
I live in Westchester, New York. They issue "Target" permits only. I have always wondered if folks from other counties with unrestricted permits could carry in Westchester, or if my 'Target' restriction was still controlling in upstate counties.

Its funny, as the two ranges I belong to are in Fairfield, Ct. and all I had to do was mail an application to Ct. to get a carry permit for the entire state, as a non-resident.

Also, I have been wondering - has anyone applied for & gotten a full- carry permit in Westchester without carrying tons of cash / jewels / other?

I'm pretty sure that if you have a NYS Full Carry Permit, you can carry anywhere is the state (except NYC, unless Ret LEO). As far as ever getting a Fully Carry in Westchester, well that's not going to happen unless you're retired LEO or "politically connected". If you do carry large amounts of cash for your employment the best you could wish for is sometype of restricted carry that would allow you to carry only while transporting "the goods". It also won't be easy to get.

ChinaCave
08-26-2009, 13:21
I'm pretty sure that if you have a NYS Full Carry Permit, you can carry anywhere is the state (except NYC, unless Ret LEO). As far as ever getting a Fully Carry in Westchester, well that's not going to happen unless you're retired LEO or "politically connected". If you do carry large amounts of cash for your employment the best you could wish for is sometype of restricted carry that would allow you to carry only while transporting "the goods". It also won't be easy to get.

Thanks for the reply -

I figured it would be that way.

Seems strange that I cannot protect myself where I live, but only in Ct. And that folks from other parts (not NYC) of NY can protect themselves where they do not live, and I cannot do so where I do.

Time to get politically connected, I guess.

minderasr
08-26-2009, 15:05
Time to get politically connected, I guess.

Or move to Putnam County.