what do you guys think of the colt woodsman 22? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of the colt woodsman 22?

mtho
04-11-2008, 10:10
i stumble upon a colt woodsman clone its decently priced so it got me thinking on a new project.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/22-M-93.shtm

dinggaling
04-11-2008, 18:20
i stumble upon a colt woodsman clone its decently priced so it got me thinking on a new project.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/22-M-93.shtm
had a very good exrience with the woodsman thru a friend and fellow bogs, bmag. the piece is very accurate and almost jam free(can't say much for your clone unit, give us a feedback if it pushes thru). you'll be having problems with the mags tho if you'll need extras (hard to find magazines). you can pm bmag.

dnotrex
04-11-2008, 20:58
i have a .22 woodsman that i still keep in the province in our ancestral house. i grew up with it, sometime i used it for hunting and plinking around when i was a kid. maraming nadaleng kalapati at aw-aw nuon. i was tempted to have it supressed but when i saw it that it was now a collector item in the net i decided not to. i still maintain its original finish...yep i check the colt woodsman website it a genuine woodsman!

its a fun gun. masarap gamitin. ergo was excellent and well balance, i was made to believe then it was a german luger because of the look of it. oh well, mags seems to be a problem since the model was dicontinued, luckily i found one some years ago. trigger is nice and smooth consistent pull since it is single action. trigger will not function when there is no mag inserted.

it a great training gun too. cheap ammo. accurate(bec of the fixed barel) , well balance fun to shoot.

mtho
04-11-2008, 23:50
dnotrex,
i wasn't able to try the trigger pull of the norinco bec the mag wasnt around. its priced below 10k so maybe toying with it is easier. maybe the magazines are the same with the colt.

st. matthew
04-12-2008, 09:04
mark, ano na naman yan? :supergrin::supergrin:

Valor1
04-12-2008, 09:24
loved the gun when I was told that it costs only around P10k. i lost my appetite for it when I can not find any magazines.

mtho
04-12-2008, 10:26
I think I am watch to much "the unit" series.

makoy,
kamuka sya nung binigay na silent 22 sa rookie recruit nila sa unang episode ng season 1

edtf
04-12-2008, 17:17
loved the gun when I was told that it costs only around P10k. i lost my appetite for it when I can not find any magazines.

try to cross reference (try asking at rimfirecentral) the mags. Norinco usually copies or can use mags from different manufacturers. Is the price of 10k used?
is there a gunshop selling these pistols?

Valor1
04-12-2008, 19:48
The P 10k price tag is for a new unit. They are available at Federal Gun Exchange in Makati Cinema Square. The seller told me that it is a true clone of the woodsman. I asked them if they sell spare mags and was replied in the negative. They are not even sure if they will sell spare mags for these babies. Kaya nawalan ako ng gana. I asked Twin Pines if they sell the mags, wala din daw kaya napatingin tuloy ako sa Ruger pistols.

BrassKnuckle
04-13-2008, 04:45
The P 10k price tag is for a new unit. They are available at Federal Gun Exchange in Makati Cinema Square. The seller told me that it is a true clone of the woodsman. I asked them if they sell spare mags and was replied in the negative. They are not even sure if they will sell spare mags for these babies. Kaya nawalan ako ng gana. I asked Twin Pines if they sell the mags, wala din daw kaya napatingin tuloy ako sa Ruger pistols.

How many mags are included with the gun? Kung isa lang tagilid nga... :headscratch:

MERCMADE
04-13-2008, 05:34
saw that norinco 22 last january at federal, i was also turned off by the unavailability of mags.

edtf
04-13-2008, 07:27

for me best pa rin ang ruger kaya meron din ako niyan :) PERO at 10k!!! less than half the price of a ruger. Puwede pang bugbugan yan. Training gun, farm gun etc etc. BUT tama ka problema nga if you just have 1 mag. Pero kung dalawa yan meron akong next project for next gunshow :)

bmag
04-13-2008, 08:21
Thanks for the honorable mention, Ding. My two thumbs up with dnotrex and my hat's off for this gun. Shoots really well.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x54/arkitek5678/huntsman/mycolthuntsman.jpg

My Colt Huntsman is a third generation model in the Woodsman series:
Ca. 67 if Im not mistaken. Theres a good number of websites dedicated for this wonder Colt. My very first pistol. Thanks to my old man.

Last year in eBay, there were lots of mags available for this baby ($20-30). Dunno if they're still around. Problema lang pano padala dito. Chanced my 2nd mag from a smith/store outside Crame 5 years ago.

In one firing range, some dude in fatigue was trying to trade his HS pistol with my Huntsman.
Naaaah....

batangueno
04-13-2008, 09:33
That's a beauty bmag. :thumbsup:

Mark, what are you waiting for, buy na. Madali na lang yang problema sa mags. :supergrin:

dnotrex
04-13-2008, 20:30
nice bmag! like you, my woodsman was handed down by my pop. i snap photos when i visit my hometown.

i'll introduce to my .22 to my son soon, he's 11 now. sort of family tradition...i surely know he's going to enjoy it.

i got 2 mags. naswertehan ko lang din ung isa.

bmag
04-13-2008, 21:42
That's a beauty bmag. :thumbsup:

Thanks, kabayan.

And thanks, dnotrex, you know I had that tradition thing in mind too. Got a 13 y.o. kid myself and it looks like the piece is bound to last for quite some time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

edtf
04-14-2008, 06:23
you guys are bad influence!!! :supergrin: You guys are making want to buy the norinco replica!!!!