It's ordered! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : It's ordered!

Glkster19
04-11-2008, 23:11
My new Canon XSI is bought, hopefully have it Wed maybe Thurs. Time to look for that Sigma lens MK.

DeadMansLife
04-12-2008, 15:07
Details man, details!

Where did you buy it? How much? What lens?

:supergrin:

MrsKitty
04-12-2008, 19:08
You are in trouble.... So much trouble. :supergrin:

I had no idea how much I would get into photography when I bought my XT almost three years ago. I went from it and a kit lens to quite an obsession.

When I couldn't get what I wanted in b/w, and I learned that my father had a lot of darkroom equipment boxed up that a pro had given him when he had retired and moved (under the condition that he could later give it away and whomever got it had to give it away but it was to not be sold) I drug it out. I have most of my corner of the basement cleaned out and ready to go. I need to get new bulbs for the enlarger and safelight but I think I have everything else I need to get going. I know I am going to really screw up my first few rolls until I get the hang of it so I am very uneasy about starting. I have been "ready" to do this a year now. Soon I might just take the plunge. :faint:

hwyhobo
04-12-2008, 20:50
If it's XSi (450D), then likely the kit lens is the new Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, which is rated as excellent by most reviewers to their own surprise.

You can check the Photozone review here (http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/Canon%20EOS%20Lens%20Tests/45-canon-eos-aps-c/181-canon-ef-s-18-55mm-f35-56-is-test-report--review). Here is a short excerpt from their conclusion:
There were a few moments when I considered not to publish the results due to "political correctness" because to date it was a quite absurd thought that such a cheap, or better "affordable", lens can perform this good and I'm sure that some will not believe the findings even though they're supported by the published field images. Anyway, the resolution capabilities of the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is nothing short of amazing.

Glkster19
04-12-2008, 21:20
Details man, details!

Where did you buy it? How much? What lens?

:supergrin:

On ebay from a seller in CA. Just over $900 shipped Priority mail with Ins. Does come with the kit lens which as mentioned is the 18-55 with IS.

nipperwolf
04-13-2008, 14:32
On ebay from a seller in CA.

:shocked:

DeadMansLife
04-13-2008, 19:26
On ebay from a seller in CA. Just over $900 shipped Priority mail with Ins. Does come with the kit lens which as mentioned is the 18-55 with IS.

Ebay? I hope that works out well for you.

MrsKitty
04-13-2008, 20:18
That is about the same price as B&H.

Who did you buy from? Cametta, Adorama and a few others maintain eBay storefronts.

Glkster19
04-14-2008, 07:47
I've bought several camera's, photo equipment on ebay and been burned once. Ebay went above and beyond to make it right. Last month I bought an XTI that I got screwed on, with shipping it was a little over $500, ebay sent me a "courtesy coupon" for $750.00 plus paypal gave me back $200 of my initial spent money. The XTI was bought from an individual with 100% feedback but only at 28 transactions. The person had 3 cameras and feedback from the other 2 cameras were good. I'm guessing it was discovered they were stolen. Anyways, without looking, this one was purchased from a storefront seller on ebay with VERY high positive feedbacks. Last I checked on B&H they didn't have them yet, many brick and mortar stores weren't showing them in stock yet actually. We'll see.

Glkster19
04-17-2008, 16:33
It arrived yesterday. No problems, seller was great. Was NIB as advertised, all goodies included, even the new 18-55 IS lens. Working a 24 today so I'll read the book tonight, play with it some and hopefully shoot pics with it tomorrow. Wx man is calling for rain and since I initially had planned on golfing tomorrow it'll probably downpour all day.

DeadMansLife
04-18-2008, 20:12
Ok, it's a bit past the 24 hour mark. You should have shot about 300 pics by now!

Can't you post at least ONE???:supergrin:

Glkster19
04-19-2008, 08:02
I've actually taken only 62 pictures with it, so far seems to be a real nice camera. I had a busy day yesterday with playing golf and all so I've actually yet to download any of them yet. I will post some on my next day off, should be next week. Sorry.