F150 Crew Cab... hiding places [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : F150 Crew Cab... hiding places

Cali-Glock
04-12-2008, 15:28
I just got an F150 crew cab... there is a bit of a space behind the back seat, which looks like a good place to put a rifle, pistol or other items I might want to store in the vehicle while traveling cross country. Anyone have one, and can tell me how I can get access to it? (Way to pull the seat-back, forward? I could shove a pistol case back there, but it would not be secured to anything...

Thanks!

G23Gary
04-12-2008, 15:47
I just got an F150 crew cab... there is a bit of a space behind the back seat, which looks like a good place to put a rifle, pistol or other items I might want to store in the vehicle while traveling cross country. Anyone have one, and can tell me how I can get access to it? (Way to pull the seat-back, forward? I could shove a pistol case back there, but it would not be secured to anything...

Thanks!

I have the F-250. I pull the bottom of the seat back out and then lift up. There are a few metal tabs on the top that sit into slots in the metal body.

Lone Wolff
05-07-2008, 21:29
I don't want to overstate the obvious, but most states consider any weapon out of plain sight as a "concealed weapon" and you would need appropriate permit to make it legal to have it there. Gun case in plain sight is OK.

Having said that, I also understand the philosophy of 'concealed' means 'concealed'. If no one knows it's there, no one will need to look for it, so no one will find it, so therefore it's OK.
AKA = 'Nothing's illegal until you get caught.'

Traveling across country with CA plates is always a good reason for many patrolman to search for drug smugglers. At least on I-80 around here anyway.

HighVelocity
05-07-2008, 22:01
Here are instructions on removing the rear seat back for an 04-06 model. Hope it helps.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/259/article/Easy_Rear_Seat_Removal_For_2004__2006_F150.html