hotsauce help from GT [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : hotsauce help from GT

Mwinter
04-13-2008, 09:38
Fellow GT foodies...

I am desperate need of a particular hot sauce. The manufacturer discontinued it several years ago, and I've found nothing to replace it. I've tried over a dozen green sauces and no joy. The manufacturer supposedly used a proprietary green pepper grown in Venezuela or some crap like that.

Jardine's of Buda, TX, used to make a Green Grenade hot sauce under their Shotgun Willie's brand. I've found it listed on the Net, but each time it has shown to be discontinued, out of stock, etc.

If anyone can find a bottle (or 2 or 10!) please PM/email me and I'll gladly pay well for it. None of the shops I've been to in the last 3 or 4 years have even a single dusty bottle lying around.

mewinterrowd@yahoo.com

Mwinter
04-16-2008, 06:56
No one, eh.....

AAARRRGGGGGHHHH next time I find anything I like I'm buying a case of it, before teh efftard manufacturer stops making it.

alwaysshootin
04-16-2008, 08:07
You are the only person that bought it, so now it's discontinued. Go figure!

gruntmedik
04-16-2008, 21:48
I looked for ya, but had no luck.

Mwinter
04-17-2008, 07:16
Thanks Gruntmedik!

alwaysshootin, per the discussion I had with the manufacturer, the sauce was discontinued due to import/export difficulties with the country where the pepper was grown (OCONUS). Probably Chavez's fault, dern him!

(pretty sure this was pre-Chavez, but hey I gotta blame SOMEbody)

major
04-18-2008, 20:09
I spent at least a half hour looking for it. Found some references to it but it apparently is not for sale anymore. I even looked on ebay..........you might try there occasionally. Maybe you'll get lucky. Sorry.....