Pray that I can join the Marines [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pray that I can join the Marines

LordZorlon
04-13-2008, 21:48
Ok, here's my story, I'm 25 years old, almost done with college, and I've been wanting to be a Marine since I was 19. Unfortunately when I was 19 I got into a snowboarding accident which ****ed up my neck pretty bad...About 2 years ago this summer I enlisted and swore into the USMC and everything, but I didn't inform my recruiter about the problem until a month before I was supposed to leave. So I wrote the commander of the recruit depot an explanation and an apology for not being forthcoming about my condition. I got a non-characterized discharge, and was told that if my condition ever healed, that they'd gladly take me back.

Basically I'm just here asking you guys to pray for me that I can heal and enter the Corps at 100% physical health. I've only got a few years left before my age prevents me from joining, so I need a full recovery FAST. It's definitely looking better, I've got a good physical therapist now. All I can do now is pray. Thanks

the iceman
04-13-2008, 22:38
Prayers sent my brother! I hope it all works out for you!

crazypilot
04-13-2008, 22:38
Glad you mentioned that to them ahead of time because if they found out after you enlisted, you could have been discharged for not disclosing. However, good luck on your recovery and hopefully the Marines will enlist someone that's really dedicated about joining and serving their country.

BullsEye10X
04-14-2008, 16:00
As long as you can pass the MEPS physical examination, you'll be good to go. :thumbsup:

Good luck! :usmc:

93GT
04-14-2008, 19:38
Go talk to an OSO.