Upcomong gun shows? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Upcomong gun shows?

mdfd
04-14-2008, 12:01
I think I just missed the Kane County gunshow this weekend?!?!
I have never been to one, are there good deals to be had for someone looking to purchase a pistol?

Any upcoming ones in Illinois?

Thiokol
04-14-2008, 21:17
Good deals can be found but you have to know what you're looking for and the going price for that item. Most guns on the tables have price tags. But do not pay the price listed on the tag. Haggle with the seller. They expect that.

I was at the Kane Conty show yesterday and found a good deal. I bought a NIB S&W Model 39-2 for $400.00. (There is one just like it right now on the S&W forum priced at $575.00.) It was priced higher but we haggled back & forth until we arrived at a price I was willing to pay.

Here's the list of upcoming shows in Illinois: http://www.isra.org/gunshows/

mdfd
04-14-2008, 22:45
Good deals can be found but you have to know what you're looking for and the going price for that item. Most guns on the tables have price tags. But do not pay the price listed on the tag. Haggle with the seller. They expect that.

I was at the Kane Conty show yesterday and found a good deal. I bought a NIB S&W Model 39-2 for $400.00. (There is one just like it right now on the S&W forum priced at $575.00.) It was priced higher but we haggled back & forth until we arrived at a price I was willing to pay.

Here's the list of upcoming shows in Illinois: http://www.isra.org/gunshows/

thank you!! since I have never bought a gun at a gunshow, how does it work logistically? what is the wait period? I suppose you have to drive out to that dealer's location after the wait period?

Thiokol
04-15-2008, 15:33
All gun sales in Illinois are subject to the waiting period, 72 hours for handguns and 24 hours for long guns, even if it's a transfer between private parties. Typically, you give the seller a deposit. If the seller is an FFL holder, you fill out a 4473. You pay for the gun and take delivery after the waiting period expires. If the dealer is far away from you, you can have him bring it to the next gun show.