Navy seeing recruit increase? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Navy seeing recruit increase?

crazypilot
04-14-2008, 18:39
I'm AD Air Force and have a fellow Airmen that is planning to crossover to the Navy. He said he spoke to a recruiter and he told him that the Marines are increasing their numbers so the Navy is following suit. He also mentioned that the acceptance rate is being pushed up to 80% selection (only for this fiscal year) to meet those new numbers. My question is, have any of you Sailors heard anything like that?
I was trying to apply for a pilot slot here in the AF but going through OTS is competitive since they select more civilians than their own Airmen (unbelieveable :steamed:). I'm want to speak to the Navy recruiter to find out if that's going to apply for their rated slots. Any info would help.

uashooter
05-03-2008, 04:49
Make sure you talk to an OFFICER recruiter if that's what you're interested in. The E-recruiters aren't necessairly bad guys but they will do their job and that means trying to dissuade you from going to OCS and staying enlisted instead.

As far as their selection rate "being pushed up to 80% for this FY": being a prior, you should be able to call that kind of BS when you hear it. The selection rate is based entirely on how many people apply, as well as how many meet minimum requirements and how many get picked.

Being a prior is good stuff but they'll be a lot more interested in what your GPA was for your BA/BS degree and what your ASTB score is. PM me if you have more questions and good luck.