Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Snake6
04-18-2008, 12:47
Set to be released 12 June 2008 for PS3

for trailers go to youtube and type mgs4 or the full name for a bunch.

(the konami website is slow)

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/6954164538551596.GIF?0.6970116724853285

gunandbullet
04-19-2008, 17:59
I can't wait for this game! Anyone gonna be playing the Metal Gear Online Beta starting Monday?

Nicky D
04-29-2008, 07:14
I think I am going to get this game. I have never played any of the series but I think I will give it a try.

TacticalBling
05-20-2008, 09:15
Nicky,

If you haven't played any of them before, I'd recommend you pick up a used copy of MGS 2 somewhere...Should be cheap.

Okay, minor spoiler: Solid Snake (the hero of the series) isn't the main character for most of it, but it also has a section off the main menu which tells the full backstory. Seems MGS4 is going to continue more or less where 2 left off, albeit a few years later.

MGS 3 is also great, but is more of a prequel.

Never was a fan of the original Metal Gear, but once the Solid series took off, I was hooked.

"Snaaaaaaake!!" :fist:

Nicky D
05-21-2008, 05:13
Nicky,

If you haven't played any of them before, I'd recommend you pick up a used copy of MGS 2 somewhere...Should be cheap.

Okay, minor spoiler: Solid Snake (the hero of the series) isn't the main character for most of it, but it also has a section off the main menu which tells the full backstory. Seems MGS4 is going to continue more or less where 2 left off, albeit a few years later.

MGS 3 is also great, but is more of a prequel.

Never was a fan of the original Metal Gear, but once the Solid series took off, I was hooked.

"Snaaaaaaake!!" :fist:

Thanks for the advise, I guess I will look around for a copy.

TacticalBling
06-13-2008, 06:05
UPDATE (Minimal spoilers):

This game may very well be the grimmest game I've ever played.
I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that it feels more like a suicide mission than ever before.

Haven't gotten through much of it, but I'm eager to see others' opinions.

gruntmedik
06-17-2008, 18:00
I just picked up the PS3/MGS4 combo yesterday. Haven't played it yet though.

SnapCraklePOP
06-17-2008, 18:07
is this worth buying a ps3? I have a 360 but i love the Metal Gear Series.

Nicky D
06-17-2008, 21:40
is this worth buying a ps3? I have a 360 but i love the Metal Gear Series.

That is a dangerous question to ask, it is similar to the 9mm vs 45. I have both but I prefer the 360 to PS3 for games. I use my PS3 for Blu-ray. I never had a PS2 so I don't have a library of games and I never used the controller. My wife bought me an Xbox years ago and that was my first console since the Atari 2600. So I became comfortable with the controllers. I personally love the 360 and I even like the achievements that you can get for the games, it gives the game more playability for me. So IMHO if you want games then the 360 is it, at least for now, but the PS3 does have the built in Blu-ray player which is really nice and they do have some good games out and coming out.